#401 nal

nal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD xt907/26, LG G2, Nexus 7 2012

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

For info on the kernal follow dhacker on twitter. He also has cm working for your lucky droids.

Twitter link please

#402 nal

nal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD xt907/26, LG G2, Nexus 7 2012

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

dhacker delivers, heres cm11

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

lets not turn this into a rom thread

#403 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

I think I've been fairly successful in my mission to liberate you HD/M owners over the last week+.  :)  I've tried to work hard to spread the message and help people who needed it to get unlocked.  I've actually lost count of the number of phones that have been unlocked in that time, which is AMAZING to say the least.  I suspect there are countless more who've followed the threads here and elsewhere and unlocked successfully and never post.  I'm truly glad for all of you guys and gals.  Enjoy your new found freedom!!!

• ibolski, johnthehillbilly, transmissiontech and 5 others like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#404 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

You should create a poll to see how many people unlocked! I'd love to see it. You da man.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

• SamuriHL likes this
Moto X 2014 Pure Edition Unlocked on Pure Rooted 5.1
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Some ROM
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3 Unofficial/Stable

#405 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:36 PM

Alright, beotches, take the poll.  :p

#406 muppetsuppet

muppetsuppet

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:47 AM

First, thank you for this awesome tutorial on unrooting and bootload unlocking for KK. I am completely unexperienced with this stuff. I followed the guide, and after some time, was able to complete both the unroot and bootloader unclock on both my and my wife's XT907 Razr M. Many thanks. 

The reason I unrooted and unlocked is we want to go back to JB build 98.18.94.XT907, though it's not clear to me exactly how to do that. Any suggestions on walkthroughs that might be floating around? I tried googling and found people were doing it, but not really saying how they did it.

One note: I did not do a flash recovery for the current status of my phone, as I'm not exactly sure how to do that. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

#407 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

Rsd script generator. Generate scripts for the 9.30.1 FXZ. Flash the universal script.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

#408 watson387

watson387

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

First, thank you for this awesome tutorial on unrooting and bootload unlocking for KK. I am completely unexperienced with this stuff. I followed the guide, and after some time, was able to complete both the unroot and bootloader unclock on both my and my wife's XT907 Razr M. Many thanks.

The reason I unrooted and unlocked is we want to go back to JB build 98.18.94.XT907, though it's not clear to me exactly how to do that. Any suggestions on walkthroughs that might be floating around? I tried googling and found people were doing it, but not really saying how they did it.

One note: I did not do a flash recovery for the current status of my phone, as I'm not exactly sure how to do that. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

For flashing back to JB:

For installing a custom recovery read back through this thread. If you still have questions after that we are more than willing to help you out.

#409 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:29 AM

dhacker delivers, heres cm11

lets not turn this into a rom thread

Not sure why you think there aren't any recoveries. CWM11 has been out for weeks and so has TWRP.

There are some ROMs that work, but they are buggy. 

• watson387 likes this

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#410 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:02 AM

Not sure why you think there aren't any recoveries. CWM11 has been out for weeks and so has TWRP.

There are some ROMs that work, but they are buggy. 

Keep in mind, the recoveries for our Razrs aren't official, so they won't show up on the TWiRP or CWM websites.  That's why they show up in DHacker's folders. ;)

R. Long: Pixel 5

#411 muppetsuppet

muppetsuppet

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:54 PM

Welp, it seems I screwed something up trying to revert to JB. I used RSD lite to flash the Jelly Bean xml.rar in this thread:

The flash failed, with the following details:

--RSD lite says: "3/23 flash partition "gpt_main0.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL".

--The phone's flashboot screen says: "flash failure, usb connected, downgraded security version, update gpt_main version failed, preflash validation failed for GPT."

Now my phone is stuck in fastboot flash mode. While I saved a recovery file and kernel on flashify, I can't access it, even if I put the card in my wife's phone -- the boot and recovery directories appears, but not the files, even after going into the file program and telling it to show hidden files. I was going to try using RSD lite to flash them over to my phone if I could have found them. 

At this point, returning to a stable Kit Kat would be just fine, then maybe I can try for JB again. Any help for this doofus?

#412 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

since you chose to use a utility from another forum and author you should probably post over there for help, not sure hes a member here....

basically you flashed a lower version than what you have and you need to fix that.

the recommendation from this site would be to use SamuriHL's House of Moto. 

read the instructions well and flash the correct fxz files

#413 muppetsuppet

muppetsuppet

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

Thank you, though since it's pretty clear that I may need some more practice with this, what if I simply performed a factory reset at this point? Would that be harmful, or would that get me back to a point where I could start the whole process over again? 

#414 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:05 PM

nope, you will need to start over with a clean flash. Use House of Moto with your correct FXZ files

#415 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

you can use the utility from xda it works you just need to follow his directions with the correct FXZ files....basically read, read, read again. comprehend, execute. Good Luck :)

EDIT: looking again thats for downgrading.... dont bother not worth it IMHO

#416 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

picked up on Matts Utility and kept it going so you can use that instead of Sams HoM if you want...but the utility you tried is supposed to downgrade you as you know, not sure why it didnt work.

Thats what the Universal script is for in Sams HoM....try that once you fix yourself back up.

#417 muppetsuppet

muppetsuppet

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

Well, in a weird turn of events, I tried the factory restore, then did the three button dance and told it to do a normal power up. The first time, it got stuck on the droid eye. The second time, it went into the full first time setup. So, at least I'm back to normal. But, I may head over to that other forum and let them know what happened. Not sure I'm going to try reverting to JB until a few more experienced folk have done it and posted their tales of how to do it safely.

That was a close one. This stuff ain't easy for a newcomer. 

#418 muppetsuppet

muppetsuppet

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:28 AM

One more thought: my wife also has the same phone. Could I create a restore file of hers in flashify, transfer it to my phone now that I have access again, and try restoring from hers? 

#419 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:31 AM

I answered you on XDA, as well, but, I'm going to mention the same thing here for others.  When downgrading, you can't flash older GPT or TZ partitions even on an unlocked phone.  This is why I built a UNIVERSAL script into the RSD Script Generator and House of Moto utils.  That will allow you to downgrade without soft bricking by flashing GPT or TZ.  Fixing it is simple.  Use my script generator or HoM and flash the universal script.  Done.

• smcchesnie and cmh714 like this

#420 muppetsuppet

muppetsuppet

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

Thanks, Samurai. I'm going to give the House of Moto method a try after I've read through it a few times. Question: given the state of my phone, which is that it won't move past fastboot AP unless I do the three key method, and my low level of expertise, do you suggest I go the full-length HoM method, or the RSD method? 

Thanks so much. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users