Photo

Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
624 replies to this topic

#41 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

NO! This utility is for ICS ONLY, not for going from GB->ICS. You will need to use V1.7, I believe, give me a few and I'll get it mirrored for you. Also, feel free to join the chat room, it's much easier to communicate there. :)

Thank You aktrazer for helping him out..

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#42 3lal

3lal

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

#43 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:12 AM

Matt,
Thank you for the update on your truly Effing Awesome Utility. Have you tried using Bootmenu Manager with CDMA ROMS? Or do you just stick with Safe Strap 2.11. I tried Bootmenu 2.7 it was nice being able to easily switch between 1st and 2nd Systems, when I uninstalled it and and used your 1.8.1 utility to Fastboot flash the OTA I get a (webtop not Found) error. when it trys to write the webtop. Since it's not needed on ICS I'm not too concerned . Do you know any way of flashing the GB webtop on the 211?

Thanks again

webtop is in 1.81,but not in 1.82-also don't think webtop is supported in ics,thats why matt took it out of 1.82 PS:it tells you all this in op

#44 tramalot

tramalot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAdirondacks

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

you gain about 1.1 GB I believe. I do have more room I just did not know about it so I didn't look

Simplex V1.3 XT912
razr maxx root stk OS

#45 chmod_a_maximum

chmod_a_maximum

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

Any way to move Superuser app out of ROM (/system/app) to reap the benefits of the Superuser Elite app?

#46 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Any way to move Superuser app out of ROM (/system/app) to reap the benefits of the Superuser Elite app?

should just be able to install superuser elite over superuser...... theroetically it should pick up where superuser left off although you may hve to re-allow superuser access for the apps that require it.......

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#47 chmod_a_maximum

chmod_a_maximum

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

should just be able to install superuser elite over superuser...... theroetically it should pick up where superuser left off although you may hve to re-allow superuser access for the apps that require it.......

Thanks for the reply. The problem is superuser elite doesn't pickup the slack. Superuser (non-elite) indicates Elite isn't installed. I believe it's a directory problem. It's not a real problem, I purchased the elite version just to support the dev.

#48 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

Thanks for the reply. The problem is superuser elite doesn't pickup the slack. Superuser (non-elite) indicates Elite isn't installed. I believe it's a directory problem. It's not a real problem, I purchased the elite version just to support the dev.

if you think it a directory issue, what directory have you installed Elite to?......

by the way.... +1 on supporting the dev and buying the app .... :)

EDIT: since i use SuperSU i have not used the Superuser Elite..... but from what i have found, (and i could very well be wrong) the Elite is to be installed along side Superuser to work with it instead of replacing it..... once it is installed, it should open up the other "options" in Superuser that are not available otherwise..... my apologies for the somewhat wrong information earlier......

Edited by johnthehillbilly, 15 October 2012 - 10:08 AM.

jhf.png

#49 Pugz

Pugz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

Sorry guys, new here. Had a Bionic and after so many issues Verizon replaced it with a Razr so I am trying to root it and get all my stuff from TB on this phone. I'm following the directions, but the utility keeps hanging up on "waiting for device." I tried MTP and PTP USB modes, nothing is happening. Any help would be appreciated...phone is stock running ICS.

#50 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

Sorry guys, new here. Had a Bionic and after so many issues Verizon replaced it with a Razr so I am trying to root it and get all my stuff from TB on this phone. I'm following the directions, but the utility keeps hanging up on "waiting for device." I tried MTP and PTP USB modes, nothing is happening. Any help would be appreciated...phone is stock running ICS.

Turn on USB debugging

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#51 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

do you have the latest drivers installed..... and enable usb debugging......

jhf.png

#52 Pugz

Pugz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Thanks, was able to get it done through the chat.
  • johnthehillbilly likes this

#53 bennyhenny123

bennyhenny123

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

Hi Guys,

Would this utility be able to reset the radio? - I've accidentially set the radio band to the "USA band" mode and can't get any signal (I'm in Australia)

Any help would be much appreciated - I'd hate to have ruined a newish phone!

Edit:

Tried the utility - worked an absolute Treat! Thanks Matt!

Edited by bennyhenny123, 17 October 2012 - 03:17 AM.

#54 Blaze413

Blaze413

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationWestern MA

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

Yo wicked new here (first post), I just got the phone, got home, downloaded this, rooted, now im looking and realizing its not to far short of a gig.. Not bashing on anyone, Id actually like to say thanks to the devs for making this easy enough for me to flash before 10 minutes of actually even looking through phone (that sounds bad).. Either way; whys this woof so fat yo?

#55 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Yo wicked new here (first post), I just got the phone, got home, downloaded this, rooted, now im looking and realizing its not to far short of a gig.. Not bashing on anyone, Id actually like to say thanks to the devs for making this easy enough for me to flash before 10 minutes of actually even looking through phone (that sounds bad).. Either way; whys this woof so fat yo?

Because its WAY WAY WAY more then just a simple basic rooting utility, It contains ALL the files needed to FASTBOOT (wiping the phone and reinstalling ICS), basically think of this like a ICS 4.0.4 (.211 build) install disc should your flashing soft-brick your phone, I believe either here or that xda place (that I stopped visiting once I came here) you could find a simple rooting utility, frankly this ones actually fairly small since he removed the webtop portion from this one since nothing out there right now touches it.

#56 glocke

glocke

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

anyone got a link to download 1.81? I need to restore webtop. Getting no audio from HDMI. I hope restroing SBF again will fix.

#57 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

anyone got a link to download 1.81? I need to restore webtop. Getting no audio from HDMI. I hope restroing SBF again will fix.

do you already have the 1.82 utility?

if so... here is webtop by itself...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

... just put it in the 1.82 folder...... and open a command prompt (within the folder).... put the phone in AP Fastboot..... type this command.... moto-fastboot flash webtop webtop.img...... this will flash only the webtop partition...

Edited by johnthehillbilly, 21 October 2012 - 06:06 AM.

jhf.png

#58 Natedog

Natedog

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

do you have the latest drivers installed..... and enable usb debugging......

Do I need to leave this (and unknown sources) on after the rooting? I've been having stability issues for several weeks now, missing desktop icons....still rooted ICS using Matt's 1.7 utility.

#59 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

Do I need to leave this (and unknown sources) on after the rooting? I've been having stability issues for several weeks now, missing desktop icons....still rooted ICS using Matt's 1.7 utility.

You need usb debugging if you plan on connecting to the computer (for flashing ect) ..... you need the unknown sources checked only if you sideload apps (not directly downloaded from market)..... hope this helps....

jhf.png

#60 Oreo_Collas

Oreo_Collas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

Hello. I'm having a little trouble with rooting my Droid Razr. If any one can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Phone
System Version: 6.16.211.XT912
Android Version 4.0.4
Running ICS.

PC
Windows 7 Home Premium

*Downloaded the Droid Razr Utility. I thought I got 1.81 but the batman screen says 1.82.
*Downloaded and installed all motorola drivers from the Motorola website.
*Enabled USB debugging
*Enabled Unknown sources
*Plugged phone into computer using stock USB cable that came with phone.
*Enabled MTP

When I start the Droid Razr Utility I get the batman screen asking to press any ket to continue.
When I press any key the utility closes.

*Attempted to run as admin
*Followed the step by step directions at this link

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and added ;C:\Windows\System32
*Attempted to download DRU 1.81 but can't seem to find any working links.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users