• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

For the life of me I can't find the proper file to delete some alarms. I used an app from Google play that did the job but after reboot they come back. It's not a major deal but bugging the hell out of me. Got two screen shots one of the for holding the alarms and the other is the list. Any ideas?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:41 PM

You took a screenshot of the app I always use. The only way to delete those alarm sounds is to be rooted and grant ES root permissions. Have it mount the system (./system) as rw. Then go into. That same media folder and just rename them with a .bak at the end of them. That way if you ever get in a bind you can always restore them.

$3π+ £®m€ ×X× ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶ oπ $ø|/|£ťhïñğ ¢ű$ț¤|/|

new_animated_sig.gif

#3 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

I would try that but the ones I want to get rid of are nowhere to be found. That's my issue. The list and what's in the folder don't match up so I'm at my wits end searching folders trying to find there hiding spot. I've been at this for a few days so I might just reset and nuke m all and be done with it.

#4 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:10 AM

More then likely then they are in a media folder on either your internal or external storage. No need to FDR since they are not in the system. If you installed and used Zedge try looking into that folder in alarms. Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#5 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:13 AM

I used ringtone Maker pro to make two of them originally. Now ringtone Maker can't even delete them. The third one I have no clue where it came from its just some random tone. The two the have the name of the ones I made don't even play it's like there mt folders with just a name. Not a big deal to FDR for me I've done it do many times before setup it's no big deal.

#6 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:04 AM

The best thing that I would more then likely do if you cannot find them is backup your internal storage then format it... Then FDR if you plan on just doing it. Clean slate will get rid of everything you don't want.... Me when I ran my bionic had a external SD card so formating internal was never a issue since all since all my stuff was on my external...

Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#7 slwest78

slwest78

TEAM RAGE!!

• Superuser
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAlabama-ROLL TIDE!
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx-Asus Transformer TF700

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:18 PM

I used ringtone Maker pro to make two of them originally. Now ringtone Maker can't even delete them. The third one I have no clue where it came from its just some random tone. The two the have the name of the ones I made don't even play it's like there mt folders with just a name. Not a big deal to FDR for me I've done it do many times before setup it's no big deal.

Check in system-media-audio, also check in alarms, notifications, and ringtones on your internal and external storage. That's the only places they will be.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

mwcyo7.png

#8 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

Check in system-media-audio, also check in alarms, notifications, and ringtones on your internal and external storage. That's the only places they will be.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Checked those also ended up doing a FDR and all its good again. Bugs me I couldn't find them but what can you do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users