Photo
- - - - -

xt907 won't boot...bricked?

Best Answer SamuriHL , 24 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

Or use my RSD Script Generator with your current FXZ and flash the UNIVERSAL or KEEP DATA script.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jk_kitch

jk_kitch

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:02 AM

rooted & unlocked razr m xt907

Short story long:

Tried to flash the logo after unlocking the bootloader (so it wouldn't come up with the warning.

The phone now won't boot up into anything.  Tried holding volume- and power, and all other button combos.

Phone is not recognized by windows USB.

Nothing comes up on the screen.

Every 20 seconds or so the screen will "flash" with a line across it for a 10th of a second.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help...

#2 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:10 AM

rooted & unlocked razr m xt907

Short story long:
Tried to flash the logo after unlocking the bootloader (so it wouldn't come up with the warning.
The phone now won't boot up into anything. Tried holding volume- and power, and all other button combos.
Phone is not recognized by windows USB.
Nothing comes up on the screen.
Every 20 seconds or so the screen will "flash" with a line across it for a 10th of a second.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any help...

Go to Start -> Search "device manager" and open it. Under USB input devices, is there anything listed?

This should be when your phone is plugged in.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Moto X 2014 Pure Edition Unlocked on Pure Rooted 5.1
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Some ROM
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3 Unofficial/Stable

#3 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:23 AM

Question, did you flash the boot logo or a boot.img?  Also, what is the file name of what you flashed?  The key here is what Kronik asked.  Everything will depend on what comes up in device manager.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#4 jk_kitch

jk_kitch

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:13 AM

Nothing in device manager.  Win7 doesn't recognize the phone.

Used MotoTools to Fix Boot Logo.  And as I'm re-looking at it the program is for a moto g... 

#5 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:32 AM

Nothing in device manager.  Win7 doesn't recognize the phone.

Used MotoTools to Fix Boot Logo.  And as I'm re-looking at it the program is for a moto g... 

That's what I mean.  Did you actually try to flash a boot logo, or did you accidentally flash a boot.img?  Either way, flashing something with that tool is not a good thing.  What exactly did you try to do in the tool?

Nothing happens if you hold down all three buttons on the phone?  Are you using the usb cable that came with the phone, when you plug it into the computer?

R. Long: Pixel 5

#6 jk_kitch

jk_kitch

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:55 AM

There is a "fix boot logo" option in the tool.  I clicked the button to do it.

Just now, holding down all 3 buttons gave about a half second of what looked like the AP fastboot screen (it was so quick I couldn't read it) and then the screen blanked.   Now holding down all 3 buttons is back to doing nothing.  The screen continues to flash a horizontal line every 20 seconds or so.  And the phone is warm like it is on.

Not the original USB cable, but the one I'm using has connected the phone to windows countless times in the past.

Thanks!

#7 jk_kitch

jk_kitch

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

Update:

After mashing the power/volume buttons several times I can now get the boot screen.  Can boot to AP fastboot.  Can occasionally boot the entire way.  If I try to restart I get the same problem as above.  Can then boot again using the 3 button combo. 

Booted into TWRP and restored from this morning's backup (from before using MotoTools to change the logo) and I still have the same problem on boot.

Any suggestions to clear the ?corrupted? logo image and get back to the Unlocked Bootloader warning screen I had before?

Thanks!

JK

#8 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

did you try and flash another logo...

fastboot flash logo whatever_the_new_logo_is

#9 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,447 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:03 PM   Best Answer

Or use my RSD Script Generator with your current FXZ and flash the UNIVERSAL or KEEP DATA script.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#10 jk_kitch

jk_kitch

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

Thanks SamuriHL, reflashed with your KEEP DATA script and everything is up & running.

• SamuriHL and xKroniK13x like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users