PRIOR TO UPGRADING TO V3.x FROM V2.x MOVE THE /sdcard/safestrap FOLDER FROM YOUR /sdcard TO THE /sdcard-ext. THIS OPENS UP VALUABLE INTERNAL EMMC SPACE WHERE ROM SLOTS ARE CREATED. AND KEEPS YOUR V2 BACKUPS SAFE IN CASE YOU WANT TO REVERT TO V2 AND USE THEM TO RESTORE.
** INSERT STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible for any damage you do to your phone using my tools. Always have a fastboot available for disaster recovery. **
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
[ DOUBLE-CHECK you have the BIONIC/RAZR/DROID4 VERSION ]
- [12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
- [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
- [12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions.
- [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM *BE CAREFUL -- NEW FEATURE -- STILL TESTING*
- After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
- During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
- [12/29] (3.10) New virtual system partitions will be 640mb (closer match to stock RAZR/D4)
- [12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
- [12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)
- [10/17] (3.05) Fixed SD card / emmc sharing in recovery (UMS)
- [10/17] (3.05) Fixed recovery installation/removal from ROM-slots
- [10/14] Updated to v3.04 BETA.
- [10/14] Recovery is now based off TWRP 188.8.131.52 (fully featured touch-based recovery)
- [10/14] Can create up to 4 Virtual ROM-slots to flash ROMs to and when "Active" ALL TWRP functions affect that ROM-slot (For example: Flashing .zips, Backup and Restore)
- [10/14] Nearly instant swapping from ROM to ROM
- [10/14] User selectable data partition sizes during ROM slot creation: 1GB, 2GB or 3GB
- [10/14] ROM slots are saved on the internal emmc space so that preinstall and webtop partitions are no longer used and shouldn't break OTAs.
- [10/14] Charging in recovery
- [10/14] Supports "Reboot Recovery" from Android OS
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- The entire TWRP team who has built an AMAZING recovery system.
- The testers which have helped in past and present versions of Safestrap, knowing that it could mean they brick their devices.
As always, let me know what you think!