B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

This is sick! It takes me longer to flash and set up a ROM now than it does to switch them. I love it, only minor annoyance is the images coming over to the gallery on the stock ROM. No way to add a period when we switch back is there? Either way it is a small price to pay for such a wonder app. Thanks!

#22 Guest_HOFFA_*

Guest_HOFFA_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

I'm Loving it. 4 rom slots. Have 3 filled. Which is the 4th I wonder. Gj Devs. 10 out of 10 stars from my stand point.

#23 Guest_HOFFA_*

Guest_HOFFA_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

Wow navigating 4 roms this quick. Im happy.

#24 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts
  • Twitter:Hashcode0f

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

Updated the OP to version 3.05 which includes:

- Fix for sharing the SD card / internal emmc via recovery (UMS)
- Fixed the install/update function for Safestrap while currently in a ROM-slot (don't do this when updating to 3.05 -- but it's safe after that).

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

md5sum: 84447c70f87d4da8ee9afe6c5f298978

IF COMING FROM V2.x FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

OTHERWISE UPDATE IN PLACE IS OK

[ DOUBLE-CHECK you have the BIONIC/RAZR/DROID4 VERSION ]

#25 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

Hot diggity damn dog, yeah!

I have something new to play with but I have no time to play with it lol....

Thanks again Hash an Team TWRP

#26 jagman

jagman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

Just to be clear... when updating from 3.04 to 3.05...

1. Are we to switch to the stock rom before updating SS?

2. Can we just download it and update in the stock rom over 3.04 or do we need to uninstall SS like going to 3.04 from 2.11? What do we need to do with the recovery within the app itself after installing 3.05?

Sorry for the basic questions but I'm sure others will benefit from reading your answers! And thanks for all your amazing work. 3.04 was bad@$$. Can't wait for more!

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

#27 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:21 AM

Just to be clear... when updating from 3.04 to 3.05...

1. Are we to switch to the stock rom before updating SS?

2. Can we just download it and update in the stock rom over 3.04 or do we need to uninstall SS like going to 3.04 from 2.11? What do we need to do with the recovery within the app itself after installing 3.05?

Sorry for the basic questions but I'm sure others will benefit from reading your answers! And thanks for all your amazing work. 3.04 was bad@$$. Can't wait for more!

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

I would love to know the answer to this man's question as well.....

Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#28 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

Yes, swap back to stock ROM first and yes you can install it over 3.04, but not over 2.11.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

#29 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

Right on... Thank you

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#30 Erisdroid?

Erisdroid?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

Safestrap 3 is awesome. I do have one question. Can I move the safe strap folder to the external SD card? It's currently stored on the internal card and I keep getting an error that space is running low.

#31 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

Safestrap 3 is awesome. I do have one question. Can I move the safe strap folder to the external SD card? It's currently stored on the internal card and I keep getting an error that space is running low.

Yes, it's actually recommended in the initial install process. You can go ahead and get rid of the folders all together if you want. They are no longer needed with Safestrap 3. Copy them to your PC for safe keeping before you delete the folders though, just in case you need something from them.

#32 Erisdroid?

Erisdroid?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

Yes, it's actually recommended in the initial install process. You can go ahead and get rid of the folders all together if you want. They are no longer needed with Safestrap 3. Copy them to your PC for safe keeping before you delete the folders though, just in case you need something from them.

It looks like its a new folder SS3 built. I can see inside the folder the crated ROM slot. Is that still ok to move?

#33 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

It looks like its a new folder SS3 built. I can see inside the folder the crated ROM slot. Is that still ok to move?

No, don't try to move that. I was referring to the /orig and /safe folders under /safestrap. Those are from the old version. I should have been more clear.

#34 Erisdroid?

Erisdroid?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

No, don't try to move that. I was referring to the /orig and /safe folders under /safestrap. Those are from the old version. I should have been more clear.

Thank you, thats what I was thinking. Appreciate your help.

#35 idivorceyou

idivorceyou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

Hash -
your safestrap saved my phone so many times and enabled me to reflash a prior working rom or go back to a nice solid unsafe side to start flashing again, yet I never supported you - til today. I do so with great gratitude.

Please accept my thanks for all your hard work and support for our bionics.

#36 tyrate

tyrate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Sorry wrong forum moved to razr

Ok so here's my question/problem I've installed the safestrap v3.05 with no problems other than when booting up to the stock ROM the phone gets hung up on the bootup screen (ROM slots boot up fine) . I'm assuming this is because I didn't realize I was suppose to revert back to original stock, uninstall 2.11, install 3.05 then re-backup the stock under recovery? So now I'm trying to figure out the best way to recover from this error. I do still have the safestrap backup files from 2.11 on my external card but I'm unsure on the process of uninstalling 3.05 and placing 2.11 back on and then restoring back to stock without the fear of the phone not coming up at all after I reboot it.

If my assumption is right can someone please give me some guidance on the proper way I should approach this?

#37 TragicRemedy

TragicRemedy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Ok so here's my question/problem I've installed the safestrap v3.05 with no problems other than when booting up to the stock ROM the phone gets hung up on the bootup screen (ROM slots boot up fine) . I'm assuming this is because I didn't realize I was suppose to revert back to original stock, uninstall 2.11, install 3.05 then re-backup the stock under recovery? So now I'm trying to figure out the best way to recover from this error. I do still have the safestrap backup files from 2.11 on my external card but I'm unsure on the process of uninstalling 3.05 and placing 2.11 back on and then restoring back to stock without the fear of the phone not coming up at all after I reboot it.

If my assumption is right can someone please give me some guidance on the proper way I should approach this?

Safest and most reliable way would be to fxz and start over.

#38 tr1dent

tr1dent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

Came into an issue trying to create a rom-slot but it says that I don't have memory even though the only thing I have installed is the stock Rom? Any ideas

#39 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

Came into an issue trying to create a rom-slot but it says that I don't have memory even though the only thing I have installed is the stock Rom? Any ideas

Does your sd card have space for the Rom slot? I moved any files I needed to my external sd and formatted my internal to make space.

Sent from my Droid Razr running Koa Resurrection

#40 correarc1

correarc1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

How do i upgrade from 3.04 to 3.05 properly?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safestrap recovery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users