• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#81 correarc1

correarc1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

Hey guys, I have 3.05 Installed on a D3. After I installed a ROM on slot 2, for some reason it won't allow me to go back into recovery to switch slots. the little droid shows up, but when I press the menu button it goes straight to the bootanimation of the rom. Can anyone help me with this?

#82 Guest_HOFFA_*

Guest_HOFFA_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Works great. I was able to flash it w/o Safe strap 3.05. woot! Still on .04

#83 Guest_HOFFA_*

Guest_HOFFA_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

I thought you needed Sf 3.05 to make this work. Im on 04. works nicely

#84 Guest_HOFFA_*

Guest_HOFFA_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

Hey guys, I have 3.05 Installed on a D3. After I installed a ROM on slot 2, for some reason it won't allow me to go back into recovery to switch slots. the little droid shows up, but when I press the menu button it goes straight to the bootanimation of the rom. Can anyone help me with this?

It should have backed up ur system automaticly. Restart then in safe strap mode boot into stock mode.

#85 correarc1

correarc1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

It should have backed up ur system automaticly. Restart then in safe strap mode boot into stock mode.

That's the trippiest part - when I tried to start into safestrap, it would go straight into the last rom I loaded. like, the little droid guy shows up when we have the option to go into safestrap. I press the menu button, but it still went to the rom. :-/

#86 jcwilliams

jcwilliams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

i have a backup on my ext sdcard under the twrp/backups folder....i want to restore it but it wont let me. i go to restore and nothing shows up on my screen! what am i doing wrong?
please help im now stuck on stock rom lol

#87 dfryer1193

dfryer1193

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Google+:dfryer1193@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr XT912

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

Something I've noticed is that when I try to restore a backup, (in both 3.04 and 3.05) I always bootloop, without fail... anyone else have this problem?

#88 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Google+:matjmonk@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

Something I've noticed is that when I try to restore a backup, (in both 3.04 and 3.05) I always bootloop, without fail... anyone else have this problem?

do you wipe cache and dalvik before rebooting? I've found in the past this usually keeps the boot loops to a minimum.
Posted Image
Bubba, perfide lues Odocoileus virginianus felines et ubique!

#89 rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Funny this is brought up because backups NEVER used to work on 1.07 or 2.11 for me but always do work perfectly on 3.05. I usually do my wipes also :)

#90 DrunkulaTX

DrunkulaTX

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Twitter:drunkulatx
  • LocationDenton, TX
  • Current Device(s):HTC Droid DNA

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

It seems there is a new 3.07 version for Bionic?

HTC Droid DNA

Droid RAZR XT912 (retired)

#91 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,116 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

I believe 3.07 is for the Razr, to account for the inadvertent jb leak.

Edit - just checked, 3.06 was for that, looks like 3.07 is new for bionic too... wonder what is new, nothing is listed in the changelog...
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#92 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts
  • Twitter:Hashcode0f

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

OP updated for Safestrap v3.11:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

md5sum: 546060f221487ed35cc2f023c7e5d0f1
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

[ DOUBLE-CHECK you have the BIONIC/RAZR/DROID4 VERSION ]

CHANGES:
  • [12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
  • [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
  • [12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions.
  • [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM *BE CAREFUL -- NEW FEATURE -- STILL TESTING*
    • After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
    • During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
  • [12/29] (3.10) New virtual system partitions will be 640mb (closer match to stock RAZR/D4)
  • [12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
  • [12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)

• jayrod likes this

#93 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

Thanks for all the hard work ! quick question...to update from 3.05, all I need to do is boot back into stock and install 3.11?

#94 shanewerner

shanewerner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

Thanks for all the hard work ! quick question...to update from 3.05, all I need to do is boot back into stock and install 3.11?

not certain but all i did was download and install it didn't even switch to stock and it reads 3.07 when i go into it ok so i can't read very good sorry bout that it say to do in stock in the op

#95 DrunkulaTX

DrunkulaTX

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Twitter:drunkulatx
  • LocationDenton, TX
  • Current Device(s):HTC Droid DNA

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

Yep I posted about 3.07 and Hash goes and releases 3.11. ;-) Good job Hash!

HTC Droid DNA

Droid RAZR XT912 (retired)

#96 SimsDelt

SimsDelt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Twitter:johnmsims

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

If you are on 3.07 do you just install 3.11 over the top of it from safe side?

Sent from my Razr Maxx using TapaTalk

#97 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

If you are on 3.07 do you just install 3.11 over the top of it from safe side?

Sent from my Razr Maxx using TapaTalk

I always uninstall recovery first. Delete the apk. Then install the new apk and reinstall recovery. Extra steps but im OCD. Im sure you can just delete the old apk, install the new apk, and install recovery.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

#98 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,116 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

Do you do this from stock?
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#99 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

Do you do this from stock?

Yep always update safestrap from the unsafe/stock side.

#100 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts
  • Twitter:@Obsidian_22

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Yeah the best way is to create nandroids of each rom slot to your ext sdcard.

After they're made delete all the rom slots you created within TWRP itself (boot options select each slot and then select delete for each) afterwards boot into your stock rom slot.

On reboot open the SS app and choose uninstall recovery. Then open your phones main "Settings" and select Apps.

Scroll down to SS and delete it's data&cache, click force stop and then uninstall it.

After that you're all good but I personally use Root Explorer to find my backups in the TWRP/BackUp/XXXXXX/ folder & move all of them to a different folder on my ext sdcard for safe keeping.
Once that's done I proceed to delete the SS & TWRP folders on my sdcard & ext sdcard.

Once you install the new version, open the app & install it's recovery. Then reboot into it and create a new stock nandroid. Then select Advanced from the main menu then File Manager and use it to move your old nandroids to the newly created TWRP/BACKUP/#s/ so you can then restore your rom slots.

I only posted this so those of you who are a little anal about your phone (like I am) you'll have a more complete way to format and reinstall the new SS.

• The Persuader and pistacio like this
OG ---------> DX ----------> Bionic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safestrap recovery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users