191 replies to this topic

#101 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Yeah the best way is to create nandroids of each rom slot to your ext sdcard.

After they're made delete all the rom slots you created within TWRP itself (boot options select each slot and then select delete for each) afterwards boot into your stock rom slot.

On reboot open the SS app and choose uninstall recovery. Then open your phones main "Settings" and select Apps.

Scroll down to SS and delete it's data&cache, click force stop and then uninstall it.

After that you're all good but I personally use Root Explorer to find my backups in the TWRP/BackUp/XXXXXX/ folder & move all of them to a different folder on my ext sdcard for safe keeping.
Once that's done I proceed to delete the SS & TWRP folders on my sdcard & ext sdcard.

Once you install the new version, open the app & install it's recovery. Then reboot into it and create a new stock nandroid. Then select Advanced from the main menu then File Manager and use it to move your old nandroids to the newly created TWRP/BACKUP/#s/ so you can then restore your rom slots.

I only posted this so those of you who are a little anal about your phone (like I am) you'll have a more complete way to format and reinstall the new SS.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Pretty much what I was thinking the procedure would be. Think I'll just stick with what's been working with 3.5 since I have a few projects that I'm working with on 2 slots plus my DD until I absolutely have no choice. Thanks for the clarification!

#102 dragon

dragon

Puff the Magic Dragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:foamerman
  • LocationLand of Honalee
  • Current Device(s):Unlocked RAZR MAXX HD retired Bionic, Thunderbolt and OG Droid

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Yeah the best way is to create nandroids of each rom slot to your ext sdcard.

After they're made delete all the rom slots you created within TWRP itself (boot options select each slot and then select delete for each) afterwards boot into your stock rom slot.

On reboot open the SS app and choose uninstall recovery. Then open your phones main "Settings" and select Apps.

Scroll down to SS and delete it's data&cache, click force stop and then uninstall it.

After that you're all good but I personally use Root Explorer to find my backups in the TWRP/BackUp/XXXXXX/ folder & move all of them to a different folder on my ext sdcard for safe keeping.
Once that's done I proceed to delete the SS & TWRP folders on my sdcard & ext sdcard.

Once you install the new version, open the app & install it's recovery. Then reboot into it and create a new stock nandroid. Then select Advanced from the main menu then File Manager and use it to move your old nandroids to the newly created TWRP/BACKUP/#s/ so you can then restore your rom slots.

I only posted this so those of you who are a little anal about your phone (like I am) you'll have a more complete way to format and reinstall the new SS.

Hey just won't to give a little incite all I did was go to my stock rom went to safestrap uninstalled recovery then went and uninstalled safestrap and then installed the new one installed recovery and then restored my rom. Now that's what I did that is not saying it will work for someone else. That's just my 2 cents

Puff the Magic Dragon

Sent from my Computer using windows 8

#103 Brandroid1984

Brandroid1984

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Twitter:@brantuck84
  • Google+:brantuck84@gmail.com
  • LocationCullman,Al

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

Hey just won't to give a little incite all I did was go to my stock rom went to safestrap uninstalled recovery then went and uninstalled safestrap and then installed the new one installed recovery and then restored my rom. Now that's what I did that is not saying it will work for someone else. That's just my 2 cents

Same here kinda I installed new apk over old one then un installed recovery and installed new recovery and I have been flashing jb ROMs all day with no problems so far I just need to flash matt's batakang and I will have tested them all lol nothing like a day of Crack flashing thanks hashcode

Sent from a Eclipsed RAZR Maxx

#104 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

I always uninstall recovery first. Delete the apk. Then install the new apk and reinstall recovery. Extra steps but im OCD. Im sure you can just delete the old apk, install the new apk, and install recovery.

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#105 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

I always uninstall recovery first. Delete the apk. Then install the new apk and reinstall recovery. Extra steps but im OCD. Im sure you can just delete the old apk, install the new apk, and install recovery.

Gentlemen,
So you know, I've D-Loaded the New SS 3.11 over 3.07 and Flashed No Issues at all...Than Delete 3.07 in Root Manager Or File Manager in Safestrap...

Its Bubba

#106 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

Yes It does work, The Only thing you can Not Do...is go into Safestrap on your Desktop click on the Icon and choose Uninstall.....B-cuz if you do when you Boot your System it will go to your Stock ROM Not Safestrap...Just an FYI

Its Bubba

#107 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts
  • Twitter:@Obsidian_22

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

The process I wrote was for the people that want to completely format/delete the old SS and install a fresh copy...

• The Persuader likes this
OG ---------> DX ----------> Bionic

#108 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,122 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Working like a charm so far. I like to be on the latest and greatest too...
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#109 ilikemumble

ilikemumble

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:ilikemumble
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

Hello Hashcode.

Maybe you can help my stupidness. I flash to stock 246 ICS Bionic, but i forgot to uninstall the safestrap. Now when i flash the stock firmware VRZ_XT875_6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml, when flashing system.img its take a long time.

its brick ? or still can be saved ?
My stupidness that i dont uninstall safestrap or at least i toogle to unsafe system so i can flash the stock rom.

Please Help me if you can..

Thanks

#110 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

Hello Hashcode.

Maybe you can help my stupidness. I flash to stock 246 ICS Bionic, but i forgot to uninstall the safestrap. Now when i flash the stock firmware VRZ_XT875_6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml, when flashing system.img its take a long time.

its brick ? or still can be saved ?
My stupidness that i dont uninstall safestrap or at least i toogle to unsafe system so i can flash the stock rom.

Please Help me if you can..

Thanks

Just use a machine with more RAM.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#111 ilikemumble

ilikemumble

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

Just use a machine with more RAM.

I dont think it because a Machine because I use Macbook Pro i7 with 16GB Mem and 256 SSD in Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit.
I dont think that MBP cant handle this with this spec ?

I think its because i dont uninstall safestrap v311 and i flash the stock rom. now its stuck...

#112 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

I dont think it because a Machine because I use Macbook Pro i7 with 16GB Mem and 256 SSD in Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit.
I dont think that MBP cant handle this with this spec ?

I think its because i dont uninstall safestrap v311 and i flash the stock rom. now its stuck...

Safestrap doesn't affect fastbooting, ever. Whatever issue is going on isn't from Safestrap.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#113 ilikemumble

ilikemumble

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

Safestrap doesn't affect fastbooting, ever. Whatever issue is going on isn't from Safestrap.

i mean the issue is, i forget to toggle unsafe system (Stock) back. Because i use the safe system (ROM-Slot1), when i flash the stock rom. Thats what i mean.
So do you think that if i flash with RSDLite 5.7 and the 246 Firmware, its gonna make the problem aways?

#114 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,122 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

Shouldn't make a difference, rsd lite will bring your device back to bone stock...

sent from my icy bionic
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#115 ilikemumble

ilikemumble

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

Shouldn't make a difference, rsd lite will bring your device back to bone stock...

sent from my icy bionic

Hmm, already try to flash with RSDLite, but its stuck at flash system "system.img" for almost 2 hour.
is it so long like that ? or maybe something wrong with my bionic ?

#116 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,122 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

Hmm that's too long, system takes a while but def not 2 hrs...

sent from my icy bionic

#117 ilikemumble

ilikemumble

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

Hmm that's too long, system takes a while but def not 2 hrs...

sent from my icy bionic

that is i confuse about. have anyone got the some problem like me?

#118 nukeruss

nukeruss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Twitter:nukeruss
  • Google+:nukeruss
  • LocationPalmyra, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx XT912

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

I would unplug your phone. Reboot your computer and then try again. This should clear up any potential driver issues that could be causing the difficulty.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx booting JB leak based ROM while maintaining stock ICS. (JB Dual Boot - XT912)

#119 ilikemumble

ilikemumble

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

Thank you all, its done. i redownload all the file and flash it in different komputer. its running right now. Thank you for all your answer.

#120 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,122 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

Sweet glad you got it sorted out!

sent from my icy bionic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safestrap recovery

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users