Photo

What Rom Do You Use As A Daily Driver?

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

Poll: What ROM Do You Use As A Daily Driver? (357 member(s) have cast votes)

What ROM do you use as a daily driver?

1. Voted Wizzed Bean (43 votes [10.75%])

Percentage of vote: 10.75%

2. Voted RAG3 (8 votes [2.00%])

Percentage of vote: 2.00%

3. Voted Speedlite (18 votes [4.50%])

Percentage of vote: 4.50%

4. Voted CM10 (52 votes [13.00%])

Percentage of vote: 13.00%

5. Voted DARKSP33D (6 votes [1.50%])

Percentage of vote: 1.50%

6. Voted Liquid (15 votes [3.75%])

Percentage of vote: 3.75%

7. Voted Icarus HD (121 votes [30.25%])

Percentage of vote: 30.25%

8. Voted Stock (49 votes [12.25%])

Percentage of vote: 12.25%

9. Voted Synergy (11 votes [2.75%])

Percentage of vote: 2.75%

10. Voted skyl1n3 (4 votes [1.00%])

Percentage of vote: 1.00%

11. Eclipse (73 votes [18.25%])

Percentage of vote: 18.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 correarc1

correarc1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

All,

The point of this post is to aggregate information that might be useful for someone who is trying to figure out where to start when trying to determine what ROM to use as a Daily Driver. Now, the purpose here is not to sell one ROM over another - the idea is that by answering the following three questions you will provide useful information to one trying to determine where to start.

So, the questions here are simple:

1- What ROM do you use as your Daily Driver?
2- Why?
3- Any issues with the ROM?

#2 dwhiteley87

dwhiteley87

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/100843993476589539861/

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

1 - RAg3 v2

2 - It is what seems to be one of the only actively supported ROMs on a .232 base with full Bluetooth support. Everything else (that I've followed) is based off of CM9, CM10 or AOKP. Those bases have massive issues with Bluetooth that is a dealbreaker for me, and I'm not upping to .247 and getting off the OTA path. Perhaps I'm being too cautious.

3 - Lately I've noticed some weird bugs and things that have been cropping up. YouTube videos won't play, certain apps will just crash immediately after trying to launch them, and I've noticed some battery drain on certain days for what seems to be no particular reason. I haven't done much to troubleshoot yet as these issues happen infrequently and I just haven't had the time.
  • mrredpants, idivorceyou and correarc1 like this

#3 New Rising

New Rising

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

Was using rag3 but have been using the 10-02 liquidblur since it was released which has been pretty flawless for me.

#4 6flip9

6flip9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Twitter:SIX_FLIP_NINE
  • LocationShelton, WA

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

-Dark Speed- stable and feels pretty complete believe its cm 9 based. Not as customizable as aokp.

- Wizzed 1.4 Aokp- stable feels and looks flawless, very customizable

- Testing a ROM right now by T3droid and JP, bugs are being worked out quick. Blur Based worth the wait

* I'm not into ROMs that are pieced together
* No hot reboots
* cm10, cm9 and aokp all have ICS camera or some third party app, also have weird screen rotation hack.
* all i believe have stock working hotspot if not look up entitlement hack to bypass Verizon data block
* no lag and smooth
* wizz uses SMS pro due to some MMS problem unsure if fixed yet(Not one for polished turds) :D

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
i DREAM, iMAGiNE + THiNK BiONiC :-)

#5 cgillie92

cgillie92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

Wizzed beans 1.4- loved this ROM since it first came out its different very snappy and few bugs loving touch wiz Ui and aokp I prefer over cm9 base anyday.

Speed lite 2.0 aokp- this is another alternative for me aokp base good battery life very customizable like wizzed beans without s3 customizations

Team haters-rag3- love this ROM and have loved it from the jump this is what moto blur needs to look like the camera works the matrix HD circle widgets are nice and no problems besides lagginess sometimes

#6 blakeslee14

blakeslee14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

Wizzed bean 1.4 -pro's- it is snappy and looks good. con's- camera issues
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#7 kc69

kc69

Droid Elite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Google+:kcmj6969@gmail.com
  • LocationEast Bernard TEXAS
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

ALL OF THEM! Seriously I have 12 rims backed up on my 32g SD card and more on my laptop to make room. The blur roms have the best signal the least customizations. The aokp ROMs have the worst signal and the most customizations. They also eat the battery faster. Cm and 10 roms are OK better signal than aokp less customizing better battery than aokp. Kexec is catching up fast but I really need a camera. As soon as they get that fixed aokp kexec will prolly be the first go to ROM for me because of the battery and radio works real good on them.
TEXAS state of mind

#8 smoke14

smoke14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Twitter:@Brian7Cruz
  • LocationTX

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

ALL OF THEM! Seriously I have 12 rims backed up on my 32g SD card and more on my laptop to make room. The blur roms have the best signal the least customizations. The aokp ROMs have the worst signal and the most customizations. They also eat the battery faster. Cm and 10 roms are OK better signal than aokp less customizing better battery than aokp. Kexec is catching up fast but I really need a camera. As soon as they get that fixed aokp kexec will prolly be the first go to ROM for me because of the battery and radio works real good on them.

I completely agree!! Exactly my thoughts on all roms haha

#9 raul4916

raul4916

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

1. speedlight with AOKP v2.0
2. Smooth, lots of customization, camera works(with apps)
3. i have to disable beats and music fxx in order to play music other than that no other flaws

#10 Halloween240

Halloween240

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Twitter:Twitter.com/Halloween240
  • Google+:Halloween240
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

1) cm10
2) fast and very smooth, jelly bean is just clean and snappy. CM also has nice little tweeks i enjoy. Hot spot works great built in too.
3) issues include no bluetooth calling, occasional reboots when using bluetooth for music, and no HD video.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#11 kstormes

kstormes

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

#1Axiom annihilated.

It is one of a few rooms that wifi tether is recognized by my other devices. I'm on an older ics leak (.2233) so.maybe that has something to do with it?

No major bugs

#2 Black hole bionic

Very smooth.

Bugs: bad on battery
  • kstormes likes this

#12 csantarcangelo

csantarcangelo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

1- CM10/Stock ICS .247
2- Been running stock ICS for a while thanks to HoB. With SS3 beta out it's now easy to play with other ROMs and I've been looking at CM for a while. I like how smooth JB is and am trying out CM10 as a DD for a couple days. Love all of the tweaks that you can do in CM10 without additional apps.
3- would like native camera and HD video. Haven't tried BT for calls yet since I work from home and generally don't need it.
  • correarc1 likes this
Just having fun with Android!

#13 shanewerner

shanewerner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:25 AM

cm10 aosp the 10-14 build havent tryed the blue tooth as i don't use it. camera works with the camera 360 app and using handcent mms for texts and mms both work good. noticed it has low signal compared to the ics leak .232 but still make calls and text. battery pretty solid
  • correarc1 likes this

#14 frankemtp

frankemtp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

I have been using Wizzed Beans 4.1 after hosing my Bionic with the new safestrap. (No worries since I was on 232 and able to RSD it and rebuild it. Now that I understand that I had to increase the size of my partition in safestrap everything is good.) I loved fluidity and speed of this rom. Like all other AOKP roms, I cannot use BT on the phone side. I know that with time and attention to detail that this bug will be fixed. Like others have said the TouchWiz launcher is great and this comes from a fan of ADWEX. The quadrant scores have been excellent and battery life keen. I look further to additional development. :D
  • Rootuser94 and correarc1 like this

#15 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

deleted. Sorry didn't realize this was a bionic thread.

#16 idivorceyou

idivorceyou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

1. rag3 a/k/a chronik
2. everything works. stable. smooth. fast. no lags on screen orientation change. EXCELLENT battery life (just got 22+ hours); active & responsive developer (superdallas);
3. no screenshot or reboot in power menu; cannot modify/add to lock screen (e.g., weather, calendar).

I have tried so many roms. I kept coming back to rag3 v2 (nandroid restore) and now superdallas improved it to v3 (or is it v4)...

-------

I switched! Now daily is icarus HD. Rag3 update broke wifi tether.
I have wizzed bean in a slot and play with that too - my wife has a real S3 which is really the shiz and wizzed lets me pretend.

Anyway kudos on Icarus!
  • correarc1 likes this

#17 mrredpants

mrredpants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Twitter:@misterredpants

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

1. +1 for rag3 v3
2. As someone said above, bluetooth is a vital element for me, so, I stick with blur based ROMs. Even the CM9 ROMS that got it working - it was still "wonky." Why do I love v3? It has all the customization's I love in the AOSP ROMs, but it's blur - toggles on pull down menu, reboot options, it uses razr launcher which I really like (has circles app).
3. It has some strange "freeze ups" - my instinct is that it's the launcher not playing nice - it seems to be associated with new app installs. I might install an app, go and tap the icon in the launcher and it won't open, then none of the apps will opens and keys become unresponsive. I have to reboot to the phone and everything works again. I haven't tried a default alternative launcher because the problem is very infrequent and I love the razr launcher.

** Note - in the OP, unless I am misreading - rag3 is referenced as an AOSP ROM, which it isn't - it's blur based.
DROID BIONIC ice'd with some variant of 232 leak

#18 correarc1

correarc1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

** Note - in the OP, unless I am misreading - rag3 is referenced as an AOSP ROM, which it isn't - it's blur based.

By the way, I was actually really curious as to what you were going to say in particular.

Now, I was trying to say that Wizzed was AOKP, and not RAG3. they were tied for first with 3 votes each... I'll fix that in a little bit.

#19 mrredpants

mrredpants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Twitter:@misterredpants

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:58 AM

By the way, I was actually really curious as to what you were going to say in particular.

Now, I was trying to say that Wizzed was AOKP, and not RAG3. they were tied for first with 3 votes each... I'll fix that in a little bit.

well I hope I didn't disappoint. I just finished wiping my phone clean, installing safestrap 3 and getting all set up so I can have my daily driver AND play with these new ROMs
  • correarc1 likes this
DROID BIONIC ice'd with some variant of 232 leak

#20 correarc1

correarc1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

well I hope I didn't disappoint. I just finished wiping my phone clean, installing safestrap 3 and getting all set up so I can have my daily driver AND play with these new ROMs

haha, nope. I actually just did the same last night, and started trying out RAG3 as well. Gotta love SS3! Although, I must say, I had grown fond of the text menus. haha.
  • TnTitan86 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users