4 replies to this topic

#1 brando21

brando21

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

Been reading through forums for a while and looking through the roms on a pretty regular basis. Everything happens to be flash safestrap only. Whatever happened to the bootstrapper roms? Everyone seems to have abandoned them.

#2 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

Safestrap is just a more efficient program. With SS3, you can boot up to 5 ROMs (including stock) as well as backup, upgrade and restore. It also allows for "hot swapping" between ROMs. :)

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want about it! We're here to help and teach!

Posted Image

#3 txkssnapper

txkssnapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD, tf300t

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

Bootstrap isn't updated to support jellybean. Hashcode is updating SS3 to be able to flash the stock rom.

#4 Daino92

Daino92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Google+:chrisdaino@gmail.com
  • LocationFort Collins
  • Current Device(s):SCH-1535

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

^^ what both those people said is true. But this is not the right place to post this question, i have a feeling its going to get moved by a mod. Anyway small details...lol Welcome to the site!

#5 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

Been reading through forums for a while and looking through the roms on a pretty regular basis. Everything happens to be flash safestrap only. Whatever happened to the bootstrapper roms? Everyone seems to have abandoned them.

This forum is ONLY for devs to post roms. Please keep questions in the FAQ or Help section. Thank You and Welcome.

^^ what both those people said is true. But this is not the right place to post this question, i have a feeling its going to get moved by a mod. Anyway small details...lol Welcome to the site!

Your feeling was correct

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users