5 replies to this topic

#1 tsayyote

tsayyote

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

Hey guys, I've got a complete stock razr maxx hd that has the date stuck in Jan. 1970 (I know this has something to do with Unix's history).  The time is also wrong.  I can't figure out how get back to the future!!  If I try to manually set the date/time, it won't accept it and reverts back to 1970 and the incorrect time.  The only thing it appears I can adjust is the time zone.  I figured it was an app I downloaded, so I factory reset the phone (4.4.2) and am still having this issue.

Does this look to be an issue with the rom?  I have never modified this phone because it is my work phone.  This started happening after I took the phone apart to put in a new Motorola ev40 battery because the originial one wasn't lasting as long as it should.  Once I powered it back on (yesterday) is when I went back to Dec. 31 1969.  Today is now Jan 1 1970. 

What should I try?  I don't want to even bother with VZW tech support.  I don't have 3 hours to spare just for them to tell me to send it in.

BTW, this screen shot was taken today at 11:24am.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

-Chase-

#2 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

Just looked on Moto's forum and your not alone.  If a fdr and a wipe cache didn't clear it up then chances are a sim card problem.  You will probably end up with verizon support and jump through their hoops to get the card replaced.  If you have a corp. store near you I would go in person.  They will have a rougher time pushing you off in person.

You may try to remove the sim card boot - shut down and re-insert the card first to see if that helps.

#3 tsayyote

tsayyote

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

Thanks for the input, spainter!

Tried it with no luck.  Turned off the phone when it said 12:58 and turned it back on to find it was now 2:02 but still jan 1 1970.  If it was the SIM, would it have sync'd over wifi with the sim card removed?

Is there a stock image of 4.4.2 for the razr maxx floating around?  I may see if I can reflash it to elimiate the possiblity of a software issue.

#4 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

Maybe go and try a new sim...

#5 Guest_kinnelonfire75_*

Guest_kinnelonfire75_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

I wonder if my sim card is going too. My date/time are ok but my last backup with CWM got automatically dated for 1970. 

#6 tsayyote

tsayyote

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:30 PM

Well it's fixed.... err.. it fixed itself.

Not sure how or if it had something to do with me once again pulling the phone apart and disconnecting all the ribbon cables and battery for a few minutes. 

Thanks for the help!  I'm relieved it's not a paperweight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users