324 replies to this topic

#201 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,456 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:52 AM

Stranger still there's still no FXZ for the soak...either version.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#202 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:52 AM

Stranger still there's still no FXZ for the soak...either version.

Who usually releases FXZs? I thought it was a developer within the ranks. Maybe, since this soak hasn't been released to the public, and now that it's getting an "update", that's why they haven't released it yet?

But, what do I know? ;)

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#203 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,456 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:58 AM

Who usually releases FXZs? I thought it was a developer within the ranks. Maybe, since this soak hasn't been released to the public, and now that it's getting an "update", that's why they haven't released it yet?

But, what do I know? ;)

The FXZ's that Skrilax_CZ releases are the "official" ones for OTA updates.  However, I have another source for FXZ's that is able to get them for all soak tests.  What I'm telling you is that the FXZ for the soak build does not exist.

• exsquid likes this

#204 Not_A_Dev

Not_A_Dev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:43 AM

Moto: Based on our investigation battery drain it
[sic] not a result of the update but rather various apps interactions with the latest software.

Sorry, don't mean to derail this thread, but when the second largest battery-consumer of my device is Android OS with consistently right around 25%, I call bull-pucky.

#205 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:39 AM

That's exactly what he is telling you. "The way apps interact with the latest software" 

Apps interacting much more with the OS: Kernel (Android OS) usage goes up.

Kernel and Android System are always #1 and #2.

Seems logical.

• ibolski likes this
Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#206 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,456 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:52 AM

Correct.  Apps will make use of kernel calls.  The apps, if coded badly, will inefficiently call the kernel.  Kernel use goes up, battery life goes down.

• ibolski likes this

#207 Not_A_Dev

Not_A_Dev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

That's exactly what he is telling you. "The way apps interact with the latest software" 
Apps interacting much more with the OS: Kernel (Android OS) usage goes up.
Kernel and Android System are always #1 and #2.
Seems logical.

But the thing is, the apps that I use under KK are the same apps that I used under JB. Didn't have any issues with JB.

#208 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,456 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:54 PM

As a software developer I find it difficult to explain to non-software developers the concept of poorly written apps that behave one way in one environment and completely different in a new environment.  It's so easy to blame the new environment because, well, "it always worked before so they changed something and broke it."  Not exactly.  They did make changes, yes.  But just because a poorly written app "worked fine" before, does not excuse the fact that it was poorly written and no longer works properly under a new kernel and OS version.  That's the app dev's fault, not the OS/kernel.  It's very possible they're relying on some API that they shouldn't be or they've coded it in a wrong way that allowed it to work for a specific version of the OS/kernel.  From an end user perspective, you only see the new OS/kernel "breaking your app that used to work"....but it's far more complicated than that in the software world.

• ibolski, cmh714, RikRong and 1 other like this

#209 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

I see this in my day to day....the unfortunate part is almost all software is poorly written. Time to Market is much more important than anything else. Just look at the mega dollars spent on Yo.....practically the dumbest app out there, and oh yes, btw they have a huge security issue.

Poorly written, poor software.

• ibolski likes this

#210 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

Ha, yeah, look at Oracle with Oregon's health care market....time to market didn't work....

sent from my G3

• VapeApe likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#211 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:54 PM

We won't mention the whole obamacare software either. :ph34r:

#212 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:06 AM

Or BF4. ;) (Rushed to Market)

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#213 Johnny5droids

Johnny5droids

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:53 AM

I m trying to root my Razr HD.   Currently its at 182.46.10 xt926 4.4.2.  I want to know can I use these instructions

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

to root the phone and install roms?

#214 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

follow this: 

#215 Johnny5droids

Johnny5droids

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:17 AM

follow this: 

Hey CMH714,

I downloaded all the stuff required but I m still confused as to where I should start.  Should I upgrade to 183 or start with SuperSu instructions? And for LiquidSmooth roms, which version of  msm8960 should I use ( from here

) for my phone? 

thanks again for quick response.

#216 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:26 AM

you need to start by getting root. so you can probably start with using TowelRoot and then Unlocking. If you have issues getting root, then you will need to start with a fresh flash of the FXZ, then Towelroot, then unlock.

After you root and unlock you can get a Recovery, most of us here I think use TWRP but many use CWM as another option. You can find Nobe1976's version here: 

Then you can be a crackflasher :)

As for LS Roms, you want the ones labeled: msm8960 NOT the ones that are labeled msm8960dt

I am running the 8/9 nightly of 3.2 here: 

#217 Johnny5droids

Johnny5droids

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:53 AM

you need to start by getting root. so you can probably start with using TowelRoot and then Unlocking. If you have issues getting root, then you will need to start with a fresh flash of the FXZ, then Towelroot, then unlock.

After you root and unlock you can get a Recovery, most of us here I think use TWRP but many use CWM as another option. You can find Nobe1976's version here: 

Then you can be a crackflasher :)

As for LS Roms, you want the ones labeled: msm8960 NOT the ones that are labeled msm8960dt

I am running the 8/9 nightly of 3.2 here: 

Just to clarify some points that are causing me confusion...still..lol

1) I install SuperU, than install towelroot->RUN it[load on to sd card & run?] -> reboot open superU update library->than install motoapocalypse apk [load onto sd card and run?]->run it->intsall TWRP 2710 (confusion)[ its zip file -> do i just put it on sd card and run it?] -> once twrp is installed i just flash it with the rom you posted & $$$(profit).

Thanks for putting up with my questioning..

#218 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:03 AM

Just as an FYI, it seems like they are still actively trying to fix/track bluetooth issues on the private forums. Currently, those in the soak that are still having issues with the latest "patch" to the latest soak test have been given an app to install and then attempt to connect their bluetooth devices and then send the log back to the forum moderator, so it looks like they are still trying to determine what issues others are having.

The app is Bug2Go btw.

Just wanted to give a heads up.

• SamuriHL and lifeasadroid like this

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#219 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,456 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:08 AM

Nifty.

#220 lifeasadroid

lifeasadroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:06 AM

Just as an FYI, it seems like they are still actively trying to fix/track bluetooth issues on the private forums. Currently, those in the soak that are still having issues with the latest "patch" to the latest soak test have been given an app to install and then attempt to connect their bluetooth devices and then send the log back to the forum moderator, so it looks like they are still trying to determine what issues others are having.

The app is Bug2Go btw.

Just wanted to give a heads up.

What's up my man, what's the good word on this, or has there been no change in info on the soak boards since last week?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users