Photo

Failed Flash, Dead Robot, and Red Exclamation... Oh My!

Failed Flash Dead Robot Red Exclamation Recovery ADB Brick Logo safestrap

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 KingNoobBoob

KingNoobBoob

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt912

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

Hi, first I want to thank any and all a thousand times if you just take the time to answer this question and put my seemingly endless searching for a fix to an end... I searched for a fix for over 7hrs straight yesterday...

I have [that is had] the xt912 which was running stock the 4.1.2 leak when I got it which I also managed to root [with minor difficulty]... Here's what happened next:
Short and to the point without the “sob”... In safestrap I manually wiped everything except internal storage and external storage... I then used the factory reset within safestrap... I attempted to flash CM10.2.1 spyder but it failed... several times... so I tried the newest CM11 nightly... when that failed I attempted to reboot... I noobbedly{new word -eh?} tapped "system." Now my device only boots to Motorola logo and then goes black... I get the "robot of death" every time I attempt to boot to recovery... adb and FB are useless because I cannot set phone to USB debugging since I can't get it to boot... 
After 7hrs... I don't mind the continued research IF THERE IS A FIX... but can you tell me now: Is it just a waste of my time? -do I now have a $100+{per AERU} paper-weight? 
[AERU= avg eBay rate used]

…if any are interested in the “sob drama” then continue reading ;)
I'm very upset...
I'm a Christian [and a minister] and I count "every good and perfect gift" as coming "from above"{James1:17}. We could NEVER afford a smartphone; much less, pay for mobile service on one. I don't care about mobile service... I just wanted a smartphone [mainly to replace my ancient and ailing Dell axim51] to use wifi, and as a camera, camcorder, e-books, and bible apps like mySword{my favorite}. I was blessed at a yardsale when a guy sold me the xt912 in ABSOLUTE pristine condition for ONLY $5... …talk about a GIFT! -eh?
When I discovered the benefits of rooting and successfully rooted my phone I was ecstatic because I could manually set the cpu and get rid of bloatware to cut out drag. When I discovered that after rooting I could update my phone to a more recent OS I was even more thrilled because [as far as I knew] apart from OTA there was no way to update the OS. [It wasn't until the 7hrs I spent yesterday that I discovered that the xt912 was never supposed to have been upgraded above 4.0.4.] 

I should have listen to the “message”{e.g. my conscience} when I failed dozens of time to boot to recovery on my device. ROM Manager [supposedly] installed Recovery but after attempting to boot to recovery numerous times all I got was the “robot of death” then my phone booted normally. THEN I *manually* installed safestrap and it was a “GO!” –But I should’ve stopped. I should’ve listened to that “still small voice” and been content with the gift I had. –But as is typical with human nature; when we don’t listen to our uniquely-designed conscience created to be like a “cell-tower,” so-to-speak, for receiving and transmitting to our “will-factory;” and we continue to push against a closed door… we can only blame ourselves when the door burst open and calamity awaits on the other side… God IS omnipotent; but He will not continue to restrain us against His sovereign-ly granted freewill… …there is a point at which He “gives us up” to our our will{cp. Rom1:28}… …thus, with the will we CHOOSE to show love for God through child-like imitation{cp.Eph5:1} and with each our own will God allows us to disobey -showing that our love for “self” is greater than our love for Him{cp. 1John5:3}. Ooops,.. didn’t mean to go all “sermon” on you… I’ll stop here... habit, ya know…
I am still upset with myself because I am a student of Scripture; mySword{which was on my device} contains a literal library of resources like in-texts pop-ups of concordance entries; and I used it throughout the day to "minister" on Facebook{"Scott Christian" w/profile pic of FROG([F]ully [R]ely [O]n [G]od)}. Also, I'm a fervid nature lover [and family lover :) ] whom was always capturing a snapshot or vid of the world around me... My 17yr old son started juggling FIRE sticks and I had been using the phone's 
great video capturing to record his progress... [he's gotten quite good :) ]... …now my device is a virtual paper-weight…  Uhggg... I'm sorry... just venting...

I have read about Matt's utility and RSD but what I understand from reading about these is that I HAVE to be able to enable ADB *on the phone* to use these tools –which enabling my phone is impossible [as far as I know] because it won’t load past the Motorola logo. I've successfully used abd between phone and pc before I killed my phone... but now when I connect my phone and type "abd devices" in the command line my phone is not found by the pc 

I just want to know, based on how I bricked my phone, if there is a chance [even a small one] to fix it... ...hope is an awesome thing; but vainhope is nothing less than foolishness. Thanks for your time    

#2 TALLYWACKER

TALLYWACKER

Android caused my divorce !

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationSouth
  • Current Device(s):M8 ROOTED S-OFF UNLOCKED, XT926 UNLOCKED

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

Is it just me or is the yellow words with a white background makes this impossible to read ?

• KingNoobBoob likes this

Sent from my Chuck Norris Edition M8 

#3 KingNoobBoob

KingNoobBoob

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:32 AM

...sorry. On my screen it's a blue background and for some reason when I copy and paste texts to board it doesn't show up clear after I post. Yellow on my blue theme shows up quite well... but I changed it to red... is that better?

#4 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

As you were told in your previous identical post....... To use fastboot (required for Matt's utility or rsd)..... You need NOT worry about adb debugging........ Put the phone in fastboot..... Plug in to PC...... And run the utility or rsd.....

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#5 KingNoobBoob

KingNoobBoob

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

...my previous post was removed [or something] before I saw it. I'll try your advice now... and thanks :)

#6 KingNoobBoob

KingNoobBoob

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

Is there a workable link to the 4.1.2 leak? Most are dead links and others take me to Motorola. On Motorola there is an EU version but no EN or version. Is the EU version equivalent to USA?

Also, as I said in the OP,.. I don't care about phone service. Is there a mod that flashes Only tablet-like features which will preserve my camera function? Thanks again for all the help... I was about to bounce my account to get another device... if all goes well I will gladly donate what I have to spare [$15-$20; not much but all I can spare :) to show my deep appreciation.]

#7 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:34 AM

EU=Europe

EN=English ie:(US)

#8 KingNoobBoob

KingNoobBoob

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

...thanks spainter; since there is no "US" for the 4.1.2 leak provided on the motorola page; is EU [Retail UK] or CA [Canada] workable for the xt912? Also, the flash on the Motorola page are for the xt910... are the suitable also for the xt912? Here is the link that every page reverts to with my choice of firmware:

-->

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks to all who are helping me!!!! :)

#9 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

...thanks spainter; since there is no "US" for the 4.1.2 leak provided on the motorola page; is EU [Retail UK] or CA [Canada] workable for the xt912? Also, the flash on the Motorola page are for the xt910... are the suitable also for the xt912? Here is the link that every page reverts to with my choice of firmware:

-->

Thanks to all who are helping me!!!! :)

DONT EVER FLASH FIRMWARE FOR ANOTHER DEVICE.  It will ALWAYS end BAD.

• RikRong, TALLYWACKER and KingNoobBoob like this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#10 KingNoobBoob

KingNoobBoob

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

...thanks for the 1-up livinginkaos! I guess that nukes the Motorola link as an alternative :/

#11 KingNoobBoob

KingNoobBoob

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

Well, I had to leave... and when I got home my device battery was too low to program... so all is on hold until re-charge :/ Thanks for everyone's input and help so far. I'll post results ASAP. 

#12 TALLYWACKER

TALLYWACKER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationSouth

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

As you were told in your previous identical post....... To use fastboot (required for Matt's utility or rsd)..... You need NOT worry about adb debugging........ Put the phone in fastboot..... Plug in to PC...... And run the utility or rsd.....

Daaaaam John didn't have his coffee and told you ! Jk jk ...

#13 KingNoobBoob

KingNoobBoob

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

...new issue. It's been over 4hrs I've tried to charge my device and when I boot to AP it still says battery low. It usually received full charge after less than 2hrs... ...I'm not sure it's charging at at... is there a key press to "reset" the battery? I've pressed the -volume + power button to simulate discharge but this doesn't seem to fix the problem... would attempting to charge through PC usb connection solve the issue? 

#14 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

Phone won't charge in fastboot. If you can boot into BP tools it may charge, otherwise you'll need a Team Blackhat factory adapter or cable that will bypass the battery and allow flashing. Search the forum for TBH.

Taped from my Moto X Dev

#15 TALLYWACKER

TALLYWACKER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationSouth

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:02 AM

Phone won't charge in fastboot. If you can boot into BP tools it may charge, otherwise you'll need a Team Blackhat factory adapter or cable that will bypass the battery and allow flashing. Search the forum for TBH.

Taped from my Moto X Dev

Or if your kinda tech savvy you can Google how to make one the directions are on you tube I believe  

#16 KingNoobBoob

KingNoobBoob

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:36 AM

Thanks all... I'll try those suggestions starting now. I'm not exactly tech savvy Tallywacker; but I am a quick study on most topics. Depending on the price of the TBH I may try my hand at making one by watching that youtube vid.
I like the "motto" one of the admins have- "If you're not making mistakes then you're not doing anything." I also like a quote attributed to T. Edison: When a colleague exasperating-ly complained that he and Edison had FAILED 99 times... Thomas Edison replied, "We have not failed. We have successfully learned 99 ways NOT to make a lightbulb." 

#17 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:41 AM

291.39KB   6 downloads

(Picture links to Site)

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#18 KingNoobBoob

KingNoobBoob

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:15 AM

My sister in law had an extra factory razr charger... ***is it the same thing as TBH adapter?*** When I plug the device in I get the same behavior as when using a generic cable. 

I pressed the +volume and the power button down just now and the screen flashed and went dark... maybe it's charging, now???

***-->What I really need an answer to is: Is a Motorola factory cable the same as the TBH... if not, I know how to jerry-rig one up now. Thanks :)

#19 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:17 AM

My sister in law had an extra factory razr charger... ***is it the same thing as TBH adapter?*** When I plug the device in I get the same behavior as when using a generic cable. 

I pressed the +volume and the power button down just now and the screen flashed and went dark... maybe it's charging, now???

***-->What I really need an answer to is: Is a Motorola factory cable the same as the TBH... if not, I know how to jerry-rig one up now. Thanks :)

It is not the same thing...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#20 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,371 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:17 AM

No they are not the same.

Non potest esse nisi unus

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Failed Flash, Dead Robot, Red Exclamation, Recovery, ADB, Brick, Logo, safestrap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users