#1 nsusa

nsusa

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

I am sure this has been asked, but I am not finding the answer. I am running an unlocked and rooted version of the XT926. I have an older Pacman ROM (4.2.2) installed and would finally like to go up to 4.4.x.  I have CWM 6.0.47 installed on my phone.

Now I am reading I need the Kitkat bootloader before installing the newer ROMS?! That's where I feel kinda lost - not sure what to do as that would be a first one for me probably. Can you point me to the right thread with the appropriate instructions, please? I am not looking to go back to an official VZW/OTA ROM.

Thanks.

#2 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

I am sure this has been asked, but I am not finding the answer. I am running an unlocked and rooted version of the XT926. I have an older Pacman ROM (4.2.2) installed and would finally like to go up to 4.4.x.  I have CWM 6.0.47 installed on my phone.

Now I am reading I need the Kitkat bootloader before installing the newer ROMS?! That's where I feel kinda lost - not sure what to do as that would be a first one for me probably. Can you point me to the right thread with the appropriate instructions, please? I am not looking to go back to an official VZW/OTA ROM.

Thanks.

You'll need to flash the firware to get the updated BL, but after that, you can go back to flashing custom ROMs that are based off the new kernel.  Go here for how to update: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

or for the latest soak: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• nsusa likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#3 nsusa

nsusa

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:14 AM

Sorry for the late response. Work took over my life and so I completely spaced this until now. Followed your link/suggestion and that took care of it. Thank you!!!!!!!

• RikRong likes this

#4 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:28 PM

Nice! Thanks for reporting back.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

R. Long: Pixel 5