Photo

[ROM][Stock 4.4.2][Base 183.46.15][xt926](Bloat-Free)DIY-ROM-(10-24-14)

Stock Base xt926

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#61 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:39 PM

You should beable to just manually fastboot the files out of the FlashBack to KK zip that is in the xt926 development tread. After done just fastboot reboot command and it should boot into the OS.

By the way the .15 update doent have the full system in it, already pulled it. Its mostly patches.
Sent from my VS980 4G

Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#62 bittermonkey

bittermonkey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:29 PM

What do ya mean whats if for... Exactly what it states. To update the modems on your device. It contains both the NON-HLOS.bin and fsg.mbn from the update. Personally I think most of the update is in the fsg.mbn, but better to be safe then not have the whole update..

^^ I know when 183.46.10.XT926.Verizon.en.US came out, it had bluetooth and wifi problems.  These were fixed with 183.46.15.XT926.Verizon.en.US.  I was on the assumption that your Stock_183.46.15Radio-Update contains the same drivers as whatever drivers are in 183.46.15.  

Anyway, I just finished installing the deodexed, radio update, and reboot with 1% battery. I was on the stock Verizon OTA 183.46.15 before this.  Heads up for those thinking about installing, this does not have your android ring/notification sounds. This is really barebones which I like. Seems stable so far. Thanks a lot OP.

• nobe1976 likes this

#63 chakuza

chakuza

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:31 PM

You should beable to just manually fastboot the files out of the FlashBack to KK zip that is in the xt926 development tread. After done just fastboot reboot command and it should boot into the OS.

Sent from my VS980 4G

Oh yea I totally forgot that that is just patches. Just got done making the factory cable to charge it after its fully charged I well try what you said thank 

#64 shamantanthew

shamantanthew

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Device(s):XT926

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:06 AM

I want to send you a huge thank you for this. I just received a new XT926 from Asurion after wrecking the screen on my previous one. Fortunately, the phone they sent me didn't have the latest OTA installed. Although I've never unlocked or rooted a phone before, let alone install a new recovery or ROM, I was able to figure out what I needed to do thanks to this site and some Googling in the matter of a few hours. This phone is so much more responsive now that it's debloated, I anticipate getting great use out of it well into my next upgrade cycle. Thanks again!  :D

• nobe1976 likes this

#65 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 05 October 2014 - 10:48 AM

Like the ROM. I am okay with stock but slightly modded. Thank you. Missing the speech text though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#66 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:50 PM

Like the ROM. I am okay with stock but slightly modded. Thank you. Missing the speech text though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

You can download talk from the Playstore... The only Gapps i left in was Playstore and its services... The rest can go to data...

Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#67 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:17 PM

I tried good keyboard. Did not have the speech. I had is selected but would not show. I hate the smiles button. White Droid RAZR in Outter Box Defender. Retired/Backup. Locked Bootloader. SS Black Droid RAZR Maxx HD 32gig in Outter Box Defender. Active. Unlocked Bootloader. TWRP.
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#68 shamantanthew

shamantanthew

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Device(s):XT926

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:18 PM

You can download talk from the Playstore... The only Gapps i left in was Playstore and its services... The rest can go to data...

Sent from my VS980 4G

I think he's referring to the speech-to-text that was built-in; i.e., pressing the microphone button in Google Maps to speak a destination results in Maps crashing. I think the Speech option was listed under the Language and Input settings. It doesn't appear that Google Talk is the same thing, and there's no Google Speech app in the Playstore.

#69 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 05 October 2014 - 05:13 PM

Can't get anything to install from Play store. Keeps giving me an error saying it couldn't retrieve information from server [RPC-S-3]

Any ideas? I've wiped and everything, but it just won't work and I need to download and install updates and other apps.

Thanks!

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#70 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:22 PM

I think he's referring to the speech-to-text that was built-in; i.e., pressing the microphone button in Google Maps to speak a destination results in Maps crashing. I think the Speech option was listed under the Language and Input settings. It doesn't appear that Google Talk is the same thing, and there's no Google Speech app in the Playstore.

You are correct sir. I might have to see IG I can pull the keyboard apk from JB and see if that will work.

White Droid RAZR in Outter Box Defender. Retired/Backup. Locked Bootloader. SS
Black Droid RAZR Maxx HD 32gig in Outter Box Defender. Active. Unlocked Bootloader. TWRP.

#71 chakuza

chakuza

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:15 AM

Oh yea I totally forgot that that is just patches. Just got done making the factory cable to charge it after its fully charged I well try what you said thank 

Thanks nobe I did as you said used the flash back file and it worked. Oh and in the middle of all of that I found out that one of my other xt926 its been recognized by apps and computers as a xt1080 not really worried about it because it works grate it is  rooted and unlocked only flash xt926 roms. So my only question is has that ever happen to you or anybody. And again thanks a lot 

#72 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:53 AM

Can't get anything to install from Play store. Keeps giving me an error saying it couldn't retrieve information from server [RPC-S-3]

Any ideas? I've wiped and everything, but it just won't work and I need to download and install updates and other apps.

Thanks!

If your having this issue go into app manager and clear cache and data on google services then uninstall the update if there is one. Reboot and it should work right.

Sent from my VS980 4G

• ibolski likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

#73 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:43 AM

If your having this issue go into app manager and clear cache and data on google services then uninstall the update if there is one. Reboot and it should work right.

Sent from my VS980 4G

I tried clearing the cache and data and it didn't work, but I didn't do the uninstall updates. However, I didn't have to. It apparently fixed itself for some reason after the 3rd try of installing the ROM. Go figure. 

So far, looking good. Might have to forgo CM11 and use this instead.

Thanks for this. Looks awesome and it's nice to be able to stream and watch my Google Play movies again.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#74 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:51 AM

Found an issue where it appears the scripts in the /etc/init.d directory are not getting executed. I put in my own script (which mounts the external SD card to /external_sd like CM11) but it's not executing. If I execute it via "root explorer" or adb shell in and run the script as root, it works.

I've checked the other scripts, such as the datetest script, and there is no log file created, so for some reason, init.d isn't working.

Anyone else notice this?

Also, noticed that the "reboot" command utility isn't there. I like to adb shell in a lot to do some exploring and such and I like to reboot from the command line in a shell, but it's not there. Any reason why this was removed?

Love this image so far though.

2cqd4t2.png

#75 watson387

watson387

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:56 PM

I'm pretty sure init.d support has to be enabled in the kernel. Maybe it isn't enabled by default in stock.

#76 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:22 PM

Has anyone had problems with WiFi? I am at home and on jb I am at full bars. In kk I am at 1 maybe 2. Might have to look at flashing the radio in the op and see if that helps. Signal is lower then it should be too.

White Droid RAZR in Outter Box Defender. Retired/Backup. Locked Bootloader. SS
Black Droid RAZR Maxx HD 32gig in Outter Box Defender. Active. Unlocked Bootloader. TWRP.

#77 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:35 AM

I'm pretty sure init.d support has to be enabled in the kernel. Maybe it isn't enabled by default in stock.

There is a way that I made it work before under stock where you have to replace adbd with a new version which also allowed the adb remount command to work. I've used that before on stock, but it won't work on this. I don't think I've used it on stock KK, though. It did work on stock JB.

I was just curious because there is an init.d directory in this image with scripts, so I had assumed it was working.

2cqd4t2.png

#78 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:50 AM

That init.d folder is just a roll over from the .10 version. Still trying to work though getting init.d support working. Its is active through the Rom not the kernel, just gotta see why it is not triggering.

Sent from my VS980 4G

• ibolski likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

#79 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:00 AM

That init.d folder is just a roll over from the .10 version. Still trying to work though getting init.d support working. Its is active through the Rom not the kernel, just gotta see why it is not triggering.

Sent from my VS980 4G

Thanks for the update. This is an excellent image you created. 

I have noticed I can't reboot when I'm shelled in either via adb or terminal emulator. Looks like that was removed?

Overall, excellent battery life when coupled with Greenify, AppOpsXposed and Unbounce. Currently, I'm at 78% battery after 18.5 hours. Excellent.

Thanks again for this.

UPDATE: Well, my battery is at 47% and I've been going without a charge for 1 day and 16 hours. Wow! Great battery life for the non-MAXX HD. Loving it. As I stated, I'm using Xposed framework with the Greenify, Unbounce and ApOpsXposed modules and those have really helped with battery life. But, I believe even when I ran those with full stock, I couldn't get this kind of life. Definitely the removal of the bloat has helped.

• nobe1976 likes this

2cqd4t2.png

#80 Aqua009

Aqua009

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD XT926 183.46.15 Build KDA20.62-15.1

Posted 09 October 2014 - 12:40 PM

Installation Instructions.
You must have a Custom Recovery already installed.
You must already have the 4.4.2 OTA installed.
You must have a Unlocked Bootloader. A TRIPPLE MUST!!!!!
Place package on either Internal or External Storage.
Full Wipe that A$$ before installing this.....
Install package then reboot.

When you say a full wipe, do you mean just hit the slide for a Factory Reset or an aAdvanced Wipe of Dalvik, Data, Int Stor, Cache, and System with TWRP?

Sorry for making the Great Ones speak on simple matters beyond my meager knowledge   :rolleyes

Edit:  I tried to get out of the quote box to post the reply, but I can't do it?!?  See?  I told you I have no knowledge...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users