Acordill, appreciate the info!

#22 Darknessence

Darknessence

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Acordill, i fxz'd the OTA 246, now the boot screen won't display. I can physically see the "M" logo and physically see the recovery menu. I can hear the droid boot animation just wont display. Any advice?

#23 Darknessence

Darknessence

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

Nevermind, figured it out. It must have been a bad download or transfer from phone. Re-downloaded the fxz straight to computer and all systems are go!! Woo, thought it was gonna end up no bueno.

#24 projektorboy

projektorboy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter:manicsocratic

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

Has anyone tested the bootloader on 6.7.246 to see if it responds to moto's fastboot oem get_unlock_data command?

#25 acordill

acordill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/@acordill
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/J90Lv
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

Nevermind, figured it out. It must have been a bad download or transfer from phone. Re-downloaded the fxz straight to computer and all systems are go!! Woo, thought it was gonna end up no bueno.

That is why it is ALWAYS a good thing to check MD5s to make sure files are not corrupt. But congrats on getting it working.
HoB 246 (Thanks to SamuriHL) running Icarus Hd 1.0 (Thanks to Jp1044 and T3T3Droid)

#26 k.c.cole

k.c.cole

Droid Ninja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Twitter:kcalebcole
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR M

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

Thanks for posting this. Flashed with no issues using RSD 5.7

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#27 TragicRemedy

TragicRemedy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:15 AM

I would consider yourself lucky a corrupted fxz was recoverable....:o

#28 CantMesWitDis

CantMesWitDis

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Google+:CantMesWitDis

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

So dummy check....
I'm running .230 still and WAS going to FXZ back to 905 and go OTA to get on the 246 release....however now can I just FXZ to 246 using RSD?

#29 King Howie

King Howie

Minister of Jackbooted Thugs

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 GPE, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

So dummy check....
I'm running .230 still and WAS going to FXZ back to 905 and go OTA to get on the 246 release....however now can I just FXZ to 246 using RSD?

yes
  • CantMesWitDis likes this

#30 Craze

Craze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

All depends on if you care about settings and applications you have installed. If you do, do not use this to flash to stock 246. It will remove your items on phone partition and internal sd card. You can use samuari's hob to install 246 and keep your items. I personally use Tibu and everything is on external sd but not everyone backs up there apps and settings / data

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#31 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

You can also modify the XML file to skip the internal storage wipe and data wipe - However, I strongly recommend that you do not skip data wipe - even if you were on an ICS leak, even if you were on .246 leak before (which really begs the question why are you doing this in the first place) I'd recommend wiping data and starting from scratch. It's time consuming, but worth it in the long run.

Skipping the wiping of internal storage is your own call - I'm ambivalent about it, but personally I skip it every time. Sme apps save data to internal storage, and I find that having to copy it to the compute, and then having to copy it all back after wiping it is a major PITA.

#32 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

I'm taking the liberty of moving this over to my MediaFire account, and will also add it to my 4Shared account, for all folks to be able to get faster DL speeds from.

Links up in about 10 minutes.

#33 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

OK, MF link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#34 Dave12308

Dave12308

"The Don"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,939 posts
  • LocationSchenectady, NY - 518 Represent!
  • Current Device(s):Motorola X 2014 (AT&T - Biggest MISTAKE! i've EVER made), ASUS Padfone X (Thanks, Kaos!)

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

how come the file is so much smaller than normal for FXZ's (normally a little over 650mb.. this ones 432mb)? is it just that much higher of compression rate? if so why? and any idea why the webtop img was renamed from grfs.img to vendor.img? and then the only other thing i was curious about is the only file thats missing from this fxz that was in both the 902 and 905 fxz's which is the lbl file? anyways.. if anyone could share some insight it would be much appreciated. and of course THANKS to Pzyduck for sharing the file!

My guess is that WebTop 3.0 is smaller than the prior version since it is essentially a tablet version of the ICS OS and not a separate Linux install.

#35 DLuke

DLuke

Bionic Modder

• Superuser
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNor*Cal

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

My guess is that WebTop 3.0 is smaller than the prior version since it is essentially a tablet version of the ICS OS and not a separate Linux install.

nah oddly enough the webtop image is the exact same size as in the 905 fxz.. its renamed from grfs.img to vendor.img but is still the same size.. all of the files within the zips are essentially the same size.. really the only difference between the two is the renaming of the webtop image and the the one lbl file thats in 905 but not 246 but its only a few kb file.. so its gotta just be a greater rate of compression, i just have no idea why.. and not that it really matters or anything, i was just curious
Posted Image Posted Image
**So ive always held out on adding a donate link because this is just something i do for enjoyment.. but i have received a few requests recently to add one.. so if you enjoy my work and would like to buy me a beer or put some gas in my car, that would be very much appreciated.. but please continue to freely enjoy my mods without any feeling of obligation what-so-ever.. the last thing i want by adding this is for people to stop using my mods because they fell obligated.. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users