Photo

Bricked - Blank Screen, No Boot Options, Just Black Screen (no text or graphics)

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#81 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:05 AM

that was kind of what happened.  so they did that to intentionally zap my phone.  hmmmm.   feckers. 

the phone was in boot loop.  so i contacted them and told them that i needed the complete flash everything, including the bootloader. the forum owner at motorolla contacted me via email and gave me that zip file to restore my phone.  sounds to me it was more like he wanted to zap my phone to provide job security in the sense that i'd have to buy another.  

So, you already flashed it, even when Sam and Nobe said to wait until they can look at the file?

R. Long: Pixel 5

#82 vze3dh95

vze3dh95

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:10 AM

this happened last week.  

before i was even a member at any forum

#83 vze3dh95

vze3dh95

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

this was actually the reason for me joining the forums.

#84 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:15 AM

so can i ask is this a dead issue?

i have a full working bootloader and complete set of everything to completely restore a 926 development edition phone. will that zip file help? i got it direct from motorola. i told them i had a 926 dev edition and it was all corrupted because someone loaded some weird rom onto it and it was all messed up.  so they directed me to the files to install a locked loader and completely reflash the whole phone back to stock again.  will these files help,  cause i have one of the few phones that have been bricked to this manner.  i have no video, but the battery stays charged, and the charging light will come on if i do a sequence of button pushes.  and it does register as a quallcomm device in my device list. the drivers loaded automatically in windows 8. 

this happened last week.  

before i was even a member at any forum

this was actually the reason for me joining the forums.

Your very first post asks about using the files that you were provided, it didn't state that you had already used them.  Anyway, that's water under the bridge, but I'm sure Sam, John, and Nobe would have been able to help you better, had they known you ALREADY flashed the files.  Like Sam said, you probably have a hard brick.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#85 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,454 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:24 AM

No probably about it.

• RikRong likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#86 N1smo

N1smo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:28 AM

LOL, add me to this list.  Late last night, decided to downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.1.2, flashed the wrong rom (Razr M) and didn't realized until the deed was done.  So pissed, I just got this phone too and was enjoying the heck out of it!!!  Subscribed for hope!

#87 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,454 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:40 AM

There is no hope.  The files needed to restore a bricked HD or M have never been leaked.  They have been for the 2013 Moto devices, but, they are NOT the same for the 2012 Droids and will not work.  I've had zero luck getting the files.  And no, you won't just "find them" somewhere.

• RikRong likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#88 N1smo

N1smo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:23 PM

Guess I'll be on the lookout for mobo or maxxs with broken screen on eBay. I have a Droid Maxx coming from Best Buy because I saw the writing on the wall but would still like to get the Razr back up just to get over my bone head mistake.
  • SamuriHL likes this

#89 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:34 PM

Guess I'll be on the lookout for mobo or maxxs with broken screen on eBay. I have a Droid Maxx coming from Best Buy because I saw the writing on the wall but would still like to get the Razr back up just to get over my bone head mistake.

All you need is the brains... this one has expired but that's what I got.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• RikRong likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

#90 N1smo

N1smo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

Ready for new motherboard!  Just say no to flashing rom past midnight!!!!

Attached Files

• nobe1976 and RikRong like this

#91 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

the phone was in boot loop.  so i contacted them and told them that i needed the complete flash everything, including the bootloader. the forum owner at motorolla contacted me via email and gave me that zip file to restore my phone.  sounds to me it was more like he wanted to zap my phone to provide job security in the sense that i'd have to buy another.

This doesn't pass the smell test...

• A Motorola employee would never send you an incorrect fxz, even more importantly, a Motorola employee would NEVER email you a firmware file.
  • Why would you attempt to load any file onto your phone from an unvetted source?  Android is one of the lease secure OS's with little anti-virus or firewall support.... no point in adding to the problem by loading unvetted source files onto a device.
  • Dev edition devices have their own firmware pages on Motorola.com where you can download the firmware directly from Motorola.  If you had spoken to a Moto employee, they would have directed you there.

There's quite a few other things, but those three say enough.  

It should also be stated references to "they" leave the reader of your posts with incorrect assumptions, as you have written your posts implying you spoke with Motorola... which you did not.

I question the entire validity of this user's story as a Dev edition owner would know they can get their firmware directly from Motorola, especially since you come across that information when you go through the steps to receive the code to unlock your bootloader on the Motorola site.  

Even more ludicrous is "sounds to me it was more like he wanted to zap my phone to provide job security in the sense that i'd have to buy another".

• First, a Moto employee would be severely reprimanded, if not fired, for doing what you say occurred (of which I find little credibility in).
  • Second, how does that provide "job security"?  Going off of your deluded opinion, how does one phone out of tens of millions create "job security"?
  • Third, when posting in a forum, it wastes everyone's time when you're dishonest and use language that is clearly meant to deceive [inferring "they"/"he" is a Moto employee].

You may very well have needed legitimate help, however why you would be blatantly dishonest when seeking help is something I can't comprehend... even more so, it leaves me with a bad taste and not wishing to help someone who indulges the above.  You're obviously not that knowledgeable about your phone and flashing firmware, which is fine... none of us are born knowing and must learn through experiences and the teachings of others.  Why you would think you would need to be dishonest to receive help on this forum is something I just can't understand, even more importantly, it's counterproductive to the end result you're looking for.

#92 MT021322

MT021322

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationINDONESIA
  • Current Device(s):atrix hd

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:23 PM

i found a link about how to made a msimage.mbn

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

but i don't know if this can be apply to razr hd because when i'll try to a made one .mbn,i'm confuse with the value on each command on a partition_boot.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<image>
  <physical_partition number="0">
    <primary order="1" type="4d" bootable="true" label="SBL1" size="1000" readonly="false">
      <file name="sbl1.mbn" offset="0"/>
    </primary>
    <primary order="2" type="51" bootable="false" label="SBL2" size="3000" readonly="false">
      <file name="sbl2.mbn" offset="0"/>
    </primary>
    <primary order="3" type="45" bootable="false" label="SBL3" size="1500" readonly="false">
      <file name="sbl3.mbn" offset="0"/>
    </primary>
    <primary order="4" type="5" bootable="false" label="EXT" size="1000000">
      <extended order="1" type="47" label="RPM" size="1000" readonly="false">
        <file name="rpm.mbn" offset="0"/>
      </extended>
      <extended order="2" type="46" label="TZ" size="1000" readonly="false">
        <file name="tz.mbn" offset="0"/>
      </extended>
    </primary>
  </physical_partition>
</image>

a red font is what i don't understand where that value is come from :blink

,cos maybe that value is belong to 8660msmimage.mbn and can't apply to razr hd...anyone can explain it?? because since the new update FxZ can't fixed my razr hd problems,it's not to hurt to try anything :unsure ..thanks

#93 N1smo

N1smo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:48 AM

Ready for new motherboard!  Just say no to flashing rom past midnight!!!!

The Razr Maxx HD is back up but now it sits in a box because I've switched to the Droid Maxx.  It was a little bit of a pain to unlock the bootloader but everything is back to normal.  Can't reiterate how important it is to pay attention to the ROM version.  I flashed a ROM meant for the Razr M and it completely bricked the phone.  Didn't think it was that big of a deal since they share a lot of the same hardware but nope, hard bricked the hell out of it.  Now I have this nice little motherboard to remind me to pay attention when I flash!

#94 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:21 AM

The Razr Maxx HD is back up but now it sits in a box because I've switched to the Droid Maxx.  It was a little bit of a pain to unlock the bootloader but everything is back to normal.  Can't reiterate how important it is to pay attention to the ROM version.  I flashed a ROM meant for the Razr M and it completely bricked the phone.  Didn't think it was that big of a deal since they share a lot of the same hardware but nope, hard bricked the hell out of it.  Now I have this nice little motherboard to remind me to pay attention when I flash!

Unfortunately, you learned a hard lesson. It sucks, but you should never, ever flash a ROM meant for a different phone than what you have. You might luck out, but as you found out, more times than not, you'll perma-brick the phone.

In the words of Malone from "The Untouchables":

Here endeth the lesson. ;)

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#95 2405cwc

2405cwc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:10 AM

so can i ask is this a dead issue?
i have a full working bootloader and complete set of everything to completely restore a 926 development edition phone. will that zip file help? i got it direct from motorola. i told them i had a 926 dev edition and it was all corrupted because someone loaded some weird rom onto it and it was all messed up.  so they directed me to the files to install a locked loader and completely reflash the whole phone back to stock again.  will these files help,  cause i have one of the few phones that have been bricked to this manner.  i have no video, but the battery stays charged, and the charging light will come on if i do a sequence of button pushes.  and it does register as a quallcomm device in my device list. the drivers loaded automatically in windows 8.

could you please send me your above "a full working bootloader and complete set of everything to completely restore a 926 development edition phone"  file to my email:2405cwc@163.com

#96 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:17 AM

could you please send me your above "a full working bootloader and complete set of everything to completely restore a 926 development edition phone" file to my email:2405cwc@163.com

If you read earlier in the thread, those files ARE NOT for the xt 926.......
  • RikRong likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#97 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:18 AM

The fxz for a dev edition is the same as consumer

sent from my G3

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#98 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:42 AM

The fxz for a dev edition is the same as consumer

sent from my G3

Out of curiosity, has anyone verified that by flashing a dev edition fxz to a non dev edition?  The only reason I ask is Motorola provides all dev edition fxz's on their site, so I always assumed [possibly incorrectly] that those fxz's were different than those for non-Dev devices.

#99 2405cwc

2405cwc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:43 AM

maybe i can take a try on my dead razr

#100 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:43 AM

They are exactly the same for Motorola

sent from my G3

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users