#1 greggles77

greggles77

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

Hello,

This is my first post and im sure some of you are already thinking "good job moron",, but i'm still learning and, now that i'm in a jam, i could really use some help.  I have a razr maxx hd 9.18.76.xt926 i think. running 4.1.2 rooted.  I was excited to see the newer towelroot method to allow me to not only unlock my bootloaders, but also upgrade to kk. But i can't find coherent instructions to upgrade with locked bootloaders in order to use tr.  But anyway, in my attempt to get kitkat on my phone i found myself playing with a safestrap recovery based on TeamWin's product. it was installed correctly and i had partitioned slots and wiped one.  then apparently i accidentally mounted it and rebooted.  so i guess imnot surprised that im stuck in a loop, as there is nothing to load.  but i can;t find a way out.  I've installed sdk, i have rsd(tho i can't get samarai's rsd.jar to download as a .jar and run, it just unzips and there is no obvious executable, and yes i have java runtime7), I have a boot.img backup of my phone from yesterday, a couple kk builds that wont flash either due to the current conditions or b/c my bootloaders are still locked. and i'm stuck, I can boot into the boot mode selection menu but the only thing in it that works is fastboot and again, my bootloaders are locked and nothing seems to flash correctly from my pc.  In rsd, the window can't gather the stats for my phone, it just says n/a in all the fields.  but then again, myphone is either actively resetting, in the boot menu for 10 seconds(timed) or fastboot, so i assume it never enters a mode where it properly communicates with rsd.

I'm pretty sure it's not charging during this process so i am pretty scared that the battery is gonna die and i'm really screwed.  So any help at all, esp. prompt assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I can usually surf until i find a way to overcome whatever problem i'm having, but it seems to be getting harder recently, maybe because i have an older phone, or maybe b/c there are so many phones out now that specific instructions that pertain to one in particular are more far between... but regardless, i'm at the mercy of all of you and the android gods.  I just hope that someone will find it in themselves to take a minute and try to lend me a hand with this.  i cannot afford a new phone and i've only had this one for a month or so. If it dies i'm going analog, i.e. 2 cans and a string,  I appeal to the empathy of other phone owners out there who might be able to help. Thanks so much in advance.

#2 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

Follow the OP here -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

[ROOT/UNLOCK]-4.4.2-182/183-RAZR-HD/M-*ONLY*
[ROOT/UNLOCK] 4.4.2 182/183 RAZR HD/M *ONLY*

sent from my G3

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#3 greggles77

greggles77

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:32 PM

Thank you very much, but the immediate problem is that im stuck in a boot loop. I accidentally mounted an empty partition and now i can't boot an os.  I do welcome any help towards my goal of running rooted, unlocked kitkat, but for now im bricked (with rooted 4.1.2 (9.18.76) if i can ever bootthat far)  any idea how to break out of this cycle before my battery dies?  thanks

#4 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

Bootloop is of no consequence. Follow the directions to flash the kk firmware . that's done through fastboot, so no worries on the bootloop.

sent from my G3

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#5 greggles77

greggles77

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

I would try flashify, but i cant get into the interface to access it  it seems like my only options are through fastboot(but my bootloaders are locked) or...?

#6 greggles77

greggles77

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:27 PM

i appreiate the help, but i don't know how to proceed.  I'd love to follow the kk upgrade and pretend that the loop is moot, but im stuck  I tried following directions as ifthis wasn't happening ,but im still stuck in boot loop, and battery is getting low.  any help is welcome. thanks

#7 greggles77

greggles77

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

When i try to d/l the kk xml.zip it is either a broken link(original) or the page isn't found(mirror). so my trail goes cold there.  anyone have an active link?  then i can follow the instructions from there to flash it

#8 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

Here -

sent from my G3

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#9 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

i appreiate the help, but i don't know how to proceed. I'd love to follow the kk upgrade and pretend that the loop is moot, but im stuck I tried following directions as ifthis wasn't happening ,but im still stuck in boot loop, and battery is getting low. any help is welcome. thanks

Since your battery is starting to get low, you'll need to charge the phone before you try to flash this thing. Hold the power button until the phone powers off. Then, plug into a wall charger. The phone should stay off and charge.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

R. Long: Pixel 5

#10 greggles77

greggles77

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:43 AM

Thank you very much! it'sdead now so i'll try charging it like you said.  I hope it works!

Im at work now so ill keep checking back.  Ill keep mt fingers crossed for a solution!  thanks for any help guys!

#11 greggles77

greggles77

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:45 AM

Also, Kaos, thanks for your help, but that link seems to be dead as well...

all i get is:

Service unavailable.

Connection limit reached.
Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the

for details.

#12 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:00 AM

Just checked. Works fine from here.

sent from my G3

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#13 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:01 AM

Most likely a browser issue on your end

sent from my G3

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#14 greggles77

greggles77

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:24 AM

My appologies. It didnt work on my laptop for some reason, but it worked on my old phone using wifi. Im downloading it now. I think i know what to do with it but tobavoid error, could someone spell it out for me pls? My current status is a laptop with rsdlite, rsdflash that doenloaded asva zip file that i cant seem to open as a self executable: despite having java 7 correctly "verified", fastboot installed, ans an xt926 that is stuck in bootloop that can only successfully enter fastboot, tho the bootloadrs arevlocked and the phone is dead but i think charging... Thats where im at. Thanks again for any help

#15 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:30 AM

The original post of the thread I pointed you to had the step by step. If there is something beyond that you require, you may want to do a little research first.

sent from my G3

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#16 greggles77

greggles77

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:40 AM

ok, thank you.  I've just been doing so much rersearch that i'm dizzy and i'm no longer sure what relates to my situation at this point.  but ill rewind, start again, and stay focused.  I trust that you guys pointed me toward all i will need.  Thanks again.  Ill update when i see how this goes

#17 greggles77

greggles77

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:47 AM

I think the problem im having now is that the rsdflash.jar file keeps downloading and behaving like a zip file despite having java runtime 7 build 65 installed and correctly verified by the java site.  i just can't run it.  any ideas?  btw, i did get the kk img to dl.  thanks kaos

#18 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:43 AM

If you are running windows 8, it may be flagging the downloaded file as potentially harmful.  Go to the folder where you have the jar file, right click it, go to properties, under security click the unblock button.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#19 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,369 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:16 AM

(NOTE: This is a JAR file, NOT a ZIP file...if your browser downloads it as a ZIP, it's WRONG)

Seems pretty clear to me....

• livinginkaos likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#20 greggles77

greggles77

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

No offense samurihl, I deeply appreciate all that you have done for this community, but saying that it isn't a .zip isn't really a clear explaination of how to open it when i've already aknowledged that i know it's not a zip and i've followed 5+ different troubleshooting tutorials on how to open a .jar file in win 7 yet still am not having any luck with it.  If you would like more info so that you can help make it seem clear to me, and anyone else who might have this problem, i'll add what i have tried.  I entered "java -jar version" to see that i have it correctly installed, and it seems i did.  i looked in remove-programs and saw that there was an x86 version and a regular version.  I assumed that it just installs that way, but just in case, i uninstalled the x86 version (im running 64 bit win 7) and tried running .jar, no luck.  i uninstalled the other and reinstalled, no luck.  I uninstalled the jre and installed the jdk version which includes the jre version(all build 65) and no luck.  i changed the associations to open .jars with javaw, no luck.  i've tried the cmd prompt, nope.  i'm not really sure where to go from here.  any suggestions would be appreciated.  and thanks to the couple people who already shared thier advice.  I'll just keep reading...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users