Photo
- - - - -

Root For Droid Razr M (JellyBean and ICS 4.1.1)

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Root For DROID RAZR M (Verizon XT907) Android 4.1.1 for Android 4.1.2 go to 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Yes, the Holy Grail has been discovered by djrbliss

He has taken the time (once again) to come up with a working root method for the newest Motorola smartphones: DROID RAZR M, DROID RAZR HD, DROID RAZR MAXX HD, and the Atrix HD. We've heard that not only does this root method work with the shipping Ice Cream Sandwich that is on the phones, but also the

for the DROID RAZR M, which means itshould work on the final Jelly Bean over-the-air update for these phones.

The method of rooting is pretty simple:

1 First make sure you have the current Motorola USB drivers installed from

2 Than download one of this files and extract it

root ICS with superuser download

Root ICS with SuperSU download

root JB with superuser download

root JB with SuperSU download

3 Double click on adb.exe

4 Connect your phone to the PC and click on the "run.bat" file that you extracted.

5 It is important to follow the instructions in the PC program, as it will ask you to press a button combination of the Volume UP and Power at the same time

6 If you have to wipe data and cache, go into stock recovery by pressing and holding volume-up and down and power at the same time for about 15 seconds, than you will get a droid dude on its back with a caution sing, you have to hold volume down and tap volume up to get to the recovery menu. This is different than pressing both volume buttons at that same time.

• neckchop, RzrMike, tmyinc and 5 others like this

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#2 ilsner

ilsner

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@irurun1973

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

Hello.
I am allowed to always see.
Although it has RAZR M of Softbank of Japan here, root cannot be carried out in this tool.
since System dump was UP(ed), root can be carried out now by all means -- please give me a method.

• mhous33 and BusterBloodvessel like this

#3 Trylek09

Trylek09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUSA - East Coast
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

Just wanted to confirm that the methods for JB(leak and official) and ICS root both worked great!

#4 Gotsaved289

Gotsaved289

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Google+:aarontblum

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

My RAZR M is on JELLY BEAN OTA and I can't get this to work any thoughts ? I plug it in and debugging is on but it won't get past daemon started succesfully...
  • tobiasryan7 likes this

#5 theBonVoyage

theBonVoyage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

My RAZR M is on JELLY BEAN OTA and I can't get this to work any thoughts ? I plug it in and debugging is on but it won't get past daemon started succesfully...

Sounds like you haven't set up adb.

Here's a tut on how to do it:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#6 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

I had a bit of trouble as well trying to root OTA but went to recovery wiped cache i think that did the trick... i also wiped data but not sure if its necessary after that it rooted not problem

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#7 mconley

mconley

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Have the razr m, updated to JB (4.1.1) OTA and tried to root using the third link in first post (superuser),

Didn't wipe cache or user data, root failed.
Wipe cache but not user data, root failed.

Wipe both cache and user data, root successful!

Lesson - if you are having trouble with root, wipe both cache and user data. From recovery boot.

Recovery boot for razr m is a little testy.
To enter recovery boot;
1. Hold both up and down volume buttons simultaneously with the power button
2. A boot menu will come up
3. Use the down vol to scroll to recovery mode
4. Push up arrow to select.
(if you wait too long it will default and boot regular)

At this point a little droid dude on his back with a caution sign pops up. I believe what should happen now is the recovery options should load in a moment.
However after letting it sit and do nothing it reboots. This happened several times without having any options appear. Then I started hitting combination of buttons, still not sure what combination or if this is what produced the menu but it worked.
Once the menu appears scroll up or down with the arrows and use the power button to select the wipe cache and user data options.

Hope this helps!
  • mrbuilder likes this

#8 VoraciousGhost

VoraciousGhost

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

I have the Razr M on the Jelly Bean OTA, and I tried the JB with SuperSU root method, and it wouldn't get past 'daemon started successfully.' I did clear cache and user data before it, and I had USB debugging on. I'm not sure when you're supposed to start run.bat during the setup process after a data wipe, but I tried both after setting up and while at the first setup screen. Any help would be appreciated!

#9 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

I have the Razr M on the Jelly Bean OTA, and I tried the JB with SuperSU root method, and it wouldn't get past 'daemon started successfully.' I did clear cache and user data before it, and I had USB debugging on. I'm not sure when you're supposed to start run.bat during the setup process after a data wipe, but I tried both after setting up and while at the first setup screen. Any help would be appreciated!

put the folder in the computer desktop sometimes it dont seem to work from a different folder, and just make sure you extract it...

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#10 Trylek09

Trylek09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUSA - East Coast
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Also, make sure you DO have all the drivers installed. When people get stuck at Daemon running, its usually USB debug or drivers.

#11 azzman

azzman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:@azzman
  • Google+:109477548303215012861
  • LocationDC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

thank you so much. This worked great. I have tried 5 different methods, and all were for ICS and not JB. kudos to djrbliss!

#12 jpnestel

jpnestel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter:@jpnestel
  • Google+:jpnestel
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

Just wanted to share my experience here. I couldn't get the bug report to go with vol up/vol down combo. So after searching around i found a "root with Mac" thread that said to push vol up and power simultaneously instead of vol up/vol down. I worked for me and I did not have to wipe data or cache. Hope this helps someone.

#13 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

Just wanted to share my experience here. I couldn't get the bug report to go with vol up/vol down combo. So after searching around i found a "root with Mac" thread that said to push vol up and power simultaneously instead of vol up/vol down. I worked for me and I did not have to wipe data or cache. Hope this helps someone.

the OP says in step 4 that you will need to press power and vol up... (a combination of vol up/down is out there but to go to stock recovery)

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#14 jpnestel

jpnestel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter:@jpnestel
  • Google+:jpnestel
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

the OP says in step 4 that you will need to press power and vol up... (a combination of vol up/down is out there but to go to stock recovery)

Oh. Lol, I was going off what it said in the cmd when I ran the .bat file. Thought I was being all helpful. Lol!

#15 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

Oh. Lol, I was going off what it said in the cmd when I ran the .bat file. Thought I was being all helpful. Lol!

everything and everyone is a help...

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#16 proid

proid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

Wipe both cache and user data, root successful!

What all do you lose when you wipe cache and user data? Is this like a factory reset?

#17 eliX84

eliX84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:elivaldez84
  • LocationSan Benito, TX

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

What all do you lose when you wipe cache and user data? Is this like a factory reset?

Yes proid, in essence it is a factory reset.

#18 sprinkman09885

sprinkman09885

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):X907

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

I am on offical JB and used superuser root method and it worked first time.

#19 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

good to know.

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#20 tgc14_22

tgc14_22

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

does anyone know if it is possible to root using a Mac computer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users