Photo

[Recovery]TWRP 2.8.5.0 (03-14-15)

recovery twrp KK bootloader 2.8.0.0 2.7.1.0 xt926 JB Bootloader 2.8.1.0 2.8.3.0 2.8.5.0

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#101 marcuswhite

marcuswhite

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationChattanooga
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx HD

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:25 PM

I can install twrp... From inside twrp... This won't make the universe implode? Well ok! But if I start tasting colors, I'm gonna hunt you guys down...
  • nobe1976 likes this

#102 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:48 PM

I can install twrp... From inside twrp... This won't make the universe implode? Well ok! But if I start tasting colors, I'm gonna hunt you guys down...

Yeah, and you can swap bootloaders out to through TWRP also.. I am aiming to implode the universe but not in this life time yet.. lol

Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#103 marcuswhite

marcuswhite

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationChattanooga

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:13 PM

Ha! Nice. Well I just installed twrp from twrp. After the reboot, my ROM started updating apps before bootup which was strange, also date bug still here and backup to SD still same. It install fine to internal... Strange. I may have to install a different recovery then switch back to twrp. I think dhackers twrp still has fragments in the matrix with this version.

#104 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:14 PM

Did you restore default settings in TWRP after installing?

Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#105 marcuswhite

marcuswhite

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationChattanooga

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:37 PM

Yes I did. I just tried to install philz touch... Won't load recovery... He he, I'm failing all over the place.

Edit: well I got your twrp back on. Same issues so far. But I'll just backup internally for the time being.

#106 killrhythm09

killrhythm09

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR HD MAXX

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:52 PM

Stuff like this is why I always, always flash recoveries from my PC with fastboot. Unless there's something weird with the recovery itself (like the black screen issues) I have never had a single problem as far as making/restoring backups or setting the time. As the "official" method, it is usually very reliable.

If you use anything else, you're trusting an extra program to not have any bugs in it... which can be dangerous from my experience.

#107 marcuswhite

marcuswhite

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationChattanooga

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:01 PM

I definitely agree, and I have PLENTY of evidence to back that up.

#108 marcuswhite

marcuswhite

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationChattanooga

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:29 AM

Well, I have experimented with several combinations, the time bug just won't go away. I want to fastboot erase recovery, before I flash but I keep getting permission denied. As far as backing up to sdcard, its NOT 2.8.0.0 that's the problem, I can't backup on 2.7.1.0 either anymore. I think I need start from scratch with newer fastboot files, my files may be dated. I updated my moto drivers, what fastboot files are you guys using? If I can't erase or format the recovery partition, I don't see this going away.

#109 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:43 AM

delete (or rename) the twrp folders before you try and re-install. let the install re-create them and see if that works

#110 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:24 PM

Well, I have experimented with several combinations, the time bug just won't go away. I want to fastboot erase recovery, before I flash but I keep getting permission denied. As far as backing up to sdcard, its NOT 2.8.0.0 that's the problem, I can't backup on 2.7.1.0 either anymore. I think I need start from scratch with newer fastboot files, my files may be dated. I updated my moto drivers, what fastboot files are you guys using? If I can't erase or format the recovery partition, I don't see this going away.

If you think it is your fastboot files corupted or not working with the device I always use the Snapdragon FXZ Support files found in the

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

tread.

new_animated_sig.gif

#111 dextrickbell

dextrickbell

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:_kingofacez_
  • Current Device(s):Motorola droid razr maxx hd

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:22 AM

i have a verizon droid razr maxx hd that took the latest updated of kitkat. How do i install this? i never install a custom recovery before

#112 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:09 AM

i have a verizon droid razr maxx hd that took the latest updated of kitkat. How do i install this? i never install a custom recovery before

Did you unlock the bootloader first before taking the latest update?

Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#113 dextrickbell

dextrickbell

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:_kingofacez_
  • Current Device(s):Motorola droid razr maxx hd

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:30 AM

yes i did. i just need steps on how to install the recovery on it with unlocked bootloader.

#114 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:59 PM

Well I guess I know how Sam feels when I have to actually post links to a tread that is in the same Development section on this site. Seriously Guys start reading around the tread before asking stuff like this. I know you guys are new to the device and new to flashing ROMs, but are you guys new to reading treads????

Here is the link. >>>>>>

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

<<<<<<<

Read a bit more before going down the Rabbit Hole....

• ibolski, RikRong, jl90 and 1 other like this

new_animated_sig.gif

#115 EliC

EliC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:46 AM

Ok, Im sure this is a pretty basic question, but what is "bootloader only" and "fastboot image only" and how do I choose which one I need?

I have TWRP already. How do I go about updating? Its been a year or so, and I forget most of this.

Thanks in advance.

#116 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:30 PM

Just going to tease this for everyone....

Sent from my VS980 4G

Attached Files

• killrhythm09, Joseberga and watson387 like this

new_animated_sig.gif

#117 killrhythm09

killrhythm09

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR HD MAXX

Posted 25 October 2014 - 07:44 PM

Ok, Im sure this is a pretty basic question, but what is "bootloader only" and "fastboot image only" and how do I choose which one I need?

I have TWRP already. How do I go about updating? Its been a year or so, and I forget most of this.

Thanks in advance.

The "bootloader only" thing you're asking about is just info about which bootloader you need to be on to use which recovery. If you're on the 4.4.2 bootloader, use those ones. Otherwise, use 4.1.2.

Fastboot image only means it's just the recovery image that you would flash in fastboot. The other option is a zip that you can flash in recovery on top of your current one (at least I think that's how it works, personally I always use the fastboot images).

#118 stfighter

stfighter

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:40 PM

OP Updated

This Time its FIXED :D 

Nope. :( Unfortunately not...i'm getting a black screen - BUT i'm on a XT925...

2.7.1.0 is working quite nice - not sure though, if it will restore my backups. Haven't tried that, because right now my backups are CWM Backups :D

btw, Hi, first post here ;)

#119 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:42 PM

Nope. :( Unfortunately not...i'm getting a black screen - BUT i'm on a XT925...

2.7.1.0 is working quite nice - not sure though, if it will restore my backups. Haven't tried that, because right now my backups are CWM Backups :D

btw, Hi, first post here ;)

Yeah it is getting worse with the 2.8.1.0 update too. Thats why I havent updated the file yet.... Going to work on it more... thatnks.

Edit
Ya it wont restore CWM backups...

Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#120 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:08 PM

I downgraded from KK to JB. I then installed the correct TWRP for JB Man, does it run smooth and fast. Faster for JB them KK. Just want to stay thank you and that TWRP said I do not have root. It helped me pick what is best to get root. i.e download SuperSu from Play Store. Good job well done.

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, twrp, KK bootloader, 2.8.0.0, 2.7.1.0, xt926, JB Bootloader, 2.8.1.0, 2.8.3.0, 2.8.5.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users