#1 hospicern4u

hospicern4u

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razor M

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:25 PM

Hello and thanks in advance for any and all help. I am a newbe to rooting an android phone. I have an extra Razor M so I thought what the heck I will see what it is all about. I used the new Towelroot app and the Motocaylpse app as well. It went fine and I used the Root Checker App which told me I had root access. I tried to use the fastboot and flash the recovery  file as directed " xt926-KK-CWM-6048.img"  but when I rebooted into the fast boot it tells me that it is locked and has a status 0. Now whenever I turn the phone on it goes to the fastboot screen and I have to do a reset holding the Vol Up,down and the power button then choose normal startup, or factory and it will start up to my home screen. I tried to unroot using the Supersu app and it does say it is no longer rooted but it still goes into the fastboot screen when I restart the phone. Can anyone help me either finish the rooting procedure or return it to the plain phone?

Thanks again

Dan

#2 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

If you want to use cwm get the 6049 version from here http://androidhostin...cker29/msm8960/

You can also get the twrp 2710 version for kitkat m and hd at the same place.

To fix the sticky boot read and follow this : http://forum.xda-dev...009&postcount=2

#3 hospicern4u

hospicern4u

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

thank you for your help, I will let you know how I do.

#4 hospicern4u

hospicern4u

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:55 PM

Your help worked great. It is working well now so all I have to do is learn how to customize my phone. Thanks for your quick reply the other night.

Dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users