• Please log in to reply
497 replies to this topic

#281 lovemyram4x4

lovemyram4x4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

Does Matt's utility contain everything I need? I have the motorola usb drivers installed.

By the way, how do you guys like JB on this phone? Are there any nasty side effects since this is an early leak?

It had what you'll need to root & fastboot ICS, just make sure you update binaries on SU before you side load JB.

JB has shown any major issues for me & even some things that weren't working properly on the ICS that came on this phone now work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

#282 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

I am loving this JB leak. Only issues I am having are getting into stock recovery and connecting to my wifi at home.
I can get to the android guy with the red triangle but no matter how long, or short, I hit the 2 volume buttons it won't go into stock recovery.
As for wifi, I have trouble connecting after a reboot. It seems like it will connect eventually, but not very quickly.
Other than that, I am super happy.

#283 houch80

houch80

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

It had what you'll need to root & fastboot ICS, just make sure you update binaries on SU before you side load JB.

JB has shown any major issues for me & even some things that weren't working properly on the ICS that came on this phone now work.

You can also contact Chris2u and get a new root script that makes rooting easier than doing the binaries and SU yourself.

#284 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Anyone tried my modded XML yet to verify that it works?

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#285 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

I am loving this JB leak. Only issues I am having are getting into stock recovery and connecting to my wifi at home.
I can get to the android guy with the red triangle but no matter how long, or short, I hit the 2 volume buttons it won't go into stock recovery.
As for wifi, I have trouble connecting after a reboot. It seems like it will connect eventually, but not very quickly.
Other than that, I am super happy.

I was having the same issues getting into recovery...but I found that if I hold the volume keys for a full minute or so, it goes, lol

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

#286 Rhubarb

Rhubarb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Alright!!!! Thanks fellows! I'm rocking out with Jelly Bean. I also visit Rootzwiki now/then and they have a ROM there for the Razr HD. (check their development section)
Again, thank you for the help. I'm loving this Rarz HD Maxx even more.

#287 iamgodlike87

iamgodlike87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

I'm loving this leak! Its ridiculously smooth compared to ICS. Is someone working on a utility to go back to ICS if needed? Just wondering :)

#288 chrisc2u

chrisc2u

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

I'm loving this leak! Its ridiculously smooth compared to ICS. Is someone working on a utility to go back to ICS if needed? Just wondering :)

Matt already has provided us with a Windows and Linux/Mac compatible utility for going back to stock ICS, links for download are in the development section with their own posts.
  • johnthehillbilly likes this

#289 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

I was having the same issues getting into recovery...but I found that if I hold the volume keys for a full minute or so, it goes, lol

I tried for like 5 minutes, and damn my fingers hurt after that.
  • lownslow200sx likes this

#290 lovemyram4x4

lovemyram4x4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

For those that haven't noticed, Hashcode posted up a new thread about 1hr ago with safestrap for our Razr HDs & instructions for those already on the JB leak.

#291 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

I guess this was ignored by people when I posted it last. I'll try again.

Having problems getting into recovery? Fingers not fast enough? Android got you down? Well suffer no more, friend. You, too, can enjoy the satisfaction of booting directly into recovery! Snake oil you say? Fear not, I reply! ADB will set you free!

adb reboot recovery

:)

Non potest esse nisi unus

#292 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

I did not ignore that Sam. If I do adb reboot recovery it takes me to the android guy where I am again stuck in the same place.

#293 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

I did not ignore that Sam. If I do adb reboot recovery it takes me to the android guy where I am again stuck in the same place.

Press volume up and down at the same time when you get there to bring up the recovery menu.

#294 Nnnnr12

Nnnnr12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Google+:hairstont14
  • LocationLagrange, Ga

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Trying again I really want Jellybean!!!

DroidRazr Maxx HD safestrapping!!

#295 Nnnnr12

Nnnnr12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • LocationLagrange, Ga

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Still not working I rebooted and lost root... (*^$&*@&!!!

#296 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Press volume up and down at the same time when you get there to bring up the recovery menu.

I tried for like 5 minutes, and damn my fingers hurt after that.

Now who's ignoring who Sam??? :P
You guys must realize that I am aware of the procedure to get into stock recovery right?
After all, I did have to use stock recovery to sideload the leak that is preventing me from again doing so. ;)
  • lownslow200sx likes this

#297 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Well good luck then. :)

#298 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

How can I get this using the new Safestrap? I keep getting failed!
Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#299 Nnnnr12

Nnnnr12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • LocationLagrange, Ga

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

How can I get this using the new Safestrap? I keep getting failed!

You have to have the leak already install to install jb in one of the rom slots. It goes the same for ics.

-tapped from my droid razr maxx HD

#300 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

I guess this was ignored by people when I posted it last. I'll try again.

Having problems getting into recovery? Fingers not fast enough? Android got you down? Well suffer no more, friend. You, too, can enjoy the satisfaction of booting directly into recovery! Snake oil you say? Fear not, I reply! ADB will set you free!

adb reboot recovery

:)

JESUS GO IN HEAVEN THANK YOU.lmfao

This goes for all ! The bottom line is everyone that's rooting and modding there phone needs to learn ADB . There are plenty of threads on DR and the net. Why? That is simple, that knowledge of ADB is valuable , if not essential. Yes you can get by not using it. When a person understands ADB and how the applets from busybox interact with your phone. You have a better understanding on how to fix things, how to push and pull apps, how to set permissions, just to name a few. There is so much to learn when using ADB , it can take years to fully comprehend it . All you need is a basic grasp on how it works, the rest can be told to you by a more experienced user or the internet. Just ask @24V he has taken his knowledge to the next level with understanding ADB and using the tools that come with it. This is just a suggestion you can take it or you can tell me to go pound salt! :P
  • SamuriHL and johnthehillbilly like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HD Jelly bean, 4.1.1, DROID RAZR HD, HD JB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users