497 replies to this topic

#121 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,443 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Ok, I've got the app, can I just copy my SU from \system\bin?

Yea, it's certainly worth a shot.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#122 chrisc2u

chrisc2u

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Yea, it's certainly worth a shot.

Well, I unrooted using OTA rootkeeper and tried the exploit with an updated superuser and su, but it still failed. Not sure if already having a form of root (even though removed) had any effect, but I am guessing it didn't

So in short, to get root now, follow steps in post 110 :)

#123 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,443 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

Well, at least you have A method for getting root I suppose. :)

#124 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

could someone please post a system dump of this?

#125 houch80

houch80

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

could someone please post a system dump of this?

My upload speed has been kind of flaky, if its slow let me know and I can move it some where else for download.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• mhous33 likes this

#126 jmsclbwmn

jmsclbwmn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

Why does the .zip say Blur_Version.0.7.2.XT926.Verizon.en.US.zip?

#127 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

My upload speed has been kind of flaky, if its slow let me know and I can move it some where else for download.

thanks! it's a little slow but not complaining, got about another 20 minutes...

Why does the .zip say Blur_Version.0.7.2.XT926.Verizon.en.US.zip?

moto updates are named as the build they're upgrading from.

#128 jmsclbwmn

jmsclbwmn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

moto updates are named as the build they're upgrading from.

Huh, that's interesting. Thanks!

#129 jmsclbwmn

jmsclbwmn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

K, so while I'd call myself an intermediate Android tinkerer (I'm no dev!), I'm a total Moto noob. Is there a reason why "./fastboot devices" doesn't return anything in OS X Terminal?

#130 ldaswf

ldaswf

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

THX A LOT!

#131 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

While I did not encounter any root or sbf issue, I can regain root, can go back to ICS all day long. However, I have a different kind of problem. I lost IMEI, ESN, ICCID... they all show "unknown". Consequently, mobile network state shows "Disconnected". After a reboot, I will get 4G like normal for about 10 seconds. It acts as if the sim card isn't there, or that Verizon is blocking me. I've used Matt's Utility to go back to ICS, and everything works again. I've done this 3 times already, with same result.

Edit: I just took the sim out and put in my Maxx (not Maxx HD) and could get 4G service just fine.

#132 chrisc2u

chrisc2u

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

While I did not encounter any root or sbf issue, I can regain root, can go back to ICS all day long. However, I have a different kind of problem. I lost IMEI, ESN, ICCID... they all show "unknown". Consequently, mobile network state shows "Disconnected". After a reboot, I will get 4G like normal for about 10 seconds. It acts as if the sim card isn't there, or that Verizon is blocking me. I've used Matt's Utility to go back to ICS, and everything works again. I've done this 3 times already, with same result.

Edit: I just took the sim out and put in my Maxx (not Maxx HD) and could get 4G service just fine.

Are you restoring any apps/data with titanium backup or similar application? Are you taking the pushed OTA update on ICS before updating to the JB leak? Have you tried doing a factory reset once you get on the Jelly Bean leak?

Can you flash back to ICS, download the leak again and follow the steps in post 110 and let us know if you are still experiencing the issue?

#133 smiznith

smiznith

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

Definitely got everything working on my RAZR HD and realized there is a missing feature in this leak: Can't flick apps or widgets off the screen.. Very minor for some but shows that this isn't finished. Keep an eye out for another leak

#134 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

Are you restoring any apps/data with titanium backup or similar application? Are you taking the pushed OTA update on ICS before updating to the JB leak? Have you tried doing a factory reset once you get on the Jelly Bean leak?

Can you flash back to ICS, download the leak again and follow the steps in post 110 and let us know if you are still experiencing the issue?

Sure, you'd have to have the 72 ICS OTA before you can do the JB leak. Otherwise, the JB flash won't even take. I'll figure my problem out out shortly though.

--------
Sent via voice dictation, please excuse typos.

#135 paypalwithebay

paypalwithebay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

When i try to go into a recovery mode, I get an error. An android with it's front cover open. Will factory reset fix that problem?

#136 houch80

houch80

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

When i try to go into a recovery mode, I get an error. An android with it's front cover open. Will factory reset fix that problem?

Here is how you boot into recovery...

1. Turn your phone off.
2. Reboot into recovery:

*Hold Volume Up and Power until you get to the boot screen. Press Volume Down to select “Recovery.” Then hit Volume Up to choose it.
3. When the Android logo shows up, press both Volume buttons at the same time.

#137 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

Go into phone and type *#*#info#*#* it should look like this »

if its not try putting it on LTE/CDMA/EVDO . Did you do a factory reset after you sbfed ?

#138 dmbfan13

dmbfan13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

Sorry if this has been answered a million times, but do I need an SD Card to do this?

#139 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,443 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

Sorry if this has been answered a million times, but do I need an SD Card to do this?

Yes.

#140 dmbfan13

dmbfan13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

Yes.

dammit....

thanks for the reply.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HD Jelly bean, 4.1.1, DROID RAZR HD, HD JB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users