#1 patrickhorton22

patrickhorton22

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Twitter:patrickhorton22

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

So I want to start developing ROMs and posting them here but I don't know how to go about doing it. Can somebody possibly tell me what I need?

Also can I intergrate ICS and jb together into one ROM so things that's don't work on jb can be replaced with ICS stuff?

Thanks in advance

#2 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

Good Luck!

#3 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

So I want to start developing ROMs and posting them here but I don't know how to go about doing it. Can somebody possibly tell me what I need?

Also can I intergrate ICS and jb together into one ROM so things that's don't work on jb can be replaced with ICS stuff?

Thanks in advance

I can only offer to give you a few tips as to how I learned.

#1 don't bother makings threads like this asking, there is no easy step by step guide that will teach u over night, or even over the course f a week. What you want to learn how to do takes weeks if not months to become a noob at.

2. Read, read, read and then read some more. Spread your wings. Use google, learn about new stuff from the teachings of those who know how to already

3. Use google

4. Use the forums, there are many, ours is device specific but there are many that are android as a whole specific, spend the next weeks straight digging through them

5. Like most of us have, pay your dues. Lean, talk, contribute, experiment. Meet people, make friends. Offer expertise and trade info. Android is all about networking.

6. Barnes and noble/your local library. Get hard info on android

7. Take a class. On Java or Linux or anything that android has its roots in.

Granted, this is just a start. Buts that's how a lo of us got our starts. On or some or all f those suggestions is how many of the people who dev now got their feet wet. If you're looking for a how to thread or a step by step from noob to platform dev write up, I hate to burst your bubble, but they don't exist. Just read, talk and learn. That's how manyd us did it.

Also, PS. I will be moving this thread to the FAQ forum. The ROMs forum is STRICTLY intended for Devs to post their releases. No questions are permitted here.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users