Photo

[Recovery][Locked Devices] Safestrap Recovery V3.1 [01/04 3.12 - Stock Flash +] [All Versions]

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#1 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts
  • Twitter:Hashcode0f

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

SAFESTRAP v3.12 (2nd-System Bootstrap / Recovery)

** INSERT STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible for any damage you do to your phone using my tools. Always have a fastboot available for disaster recovery. **

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

md5sum: 9b3d75e84c06d1e71af1bf1bad57faf3
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:

NOTES:

• ROMS based on Android 4.2.1 *MUST* go into rom-slot1 currently. This will be fixed in the future.

CHANGES:

• [01/04] (3.12) Fix initial file selector location for backup/restore
  • [12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
  • [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
  • [12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions. * STILL TESTING -- BUGGY*
  • [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM
    • After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
    • During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
  • [12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
  • [12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)
  • [10/17] (3.05) Fixed SD card / emmc sharing in recovery (UMS)
  • [10/17] (3.05) Fixed recovery installation/removal from ROM-slots
  • [10/14] Updated to v3.04 BETA.
  • [10/14] Recovery is now based off TWRP 2.2.2.1 (fully featured touch-based recovery)
  • [10/14] Can create up to 4 Virtual ROM-slots to flash ROMs to and when "Active" ALL TWRP functions affect that ROM-slot (For example: Flashing .zips, Backup and Restore)
  • [10/14] Nearly instant swapping from ROM to ROM
  • [10/14] User selectable data partition sizes during ROM slot creation: 1GB, 2GB or 3GB
  • [10/14] ROM slots are saved on the internal emmc space so that preinstall and webtop partitions are no longer used and shouldn't break OTAs.
  • [10/14] Charging in recovery
  • [10/14] Supports "Reboot Recovery" from Android OS

Entry to recovery via Splashscreen on boot-up. The screen stays up for around 8-10 seconds and if you hit the menu button, it takes you to Safestrap Recovery.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

• The entire TWRP team who has built an AMAZING recovery system.
  • The testers which have helped in past and present versions of Safestrap, knowing that it could mean they brick their devices.

As always, let me know what you think!

• Aixelsyd, lownslow200sx, dmbfan13 and 7 others like this

#2 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

FOR USERS RUNNING JELLYBEAN LEAK ONLY
INSTRUCTIONS for getting STOCK running on a rom-slot:

[ EDIT: 11/20, you can now install the Motoblur 9.1.39 as a ROM .zip file:

]

STEPS:
  • Install Safestrap 3 from the above notes
  • Download the Motoblur 9.1.39 ROM from this thread:

and place it on your external SD card
  • Reboot into recovery
  • Go into "Boot Options" and create a new rom-slot (if you haven't) -- 1GB data is probably good enough for most users
  • Once that is created it may say "rom slot: off" at the top, make sure to go back into the new rom-slot and use "Activate" button
  • At the main menu select "Install" and browse to where you placed the Motoblur ROM on your external SD.
  • Select, swipe and when it's done reboot.
IF USERS on STOCK ICS want a method for getting that onto a rom-slot as well, let me know.
  • Aixelsyd, quadjacks, mike_augie and 3 others like this

#3 dmbfan13

dmbfan13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

Installed and ready to flash!! Thanks!!!

#4 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

Noob question I guess - this if for BOTH, the DEV and RETAIL versions?

Proud father of a US Marine

#5 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

Noob question I guess - this if for BOTH, the DEV and RETAIL versions?

Yes. It works on ALL versions of the RAZR-HD (retail, MAXX, dev-editions, GSM, etc). However, the non-MAXX versions will probably only have enough room for 1 ROM-slot at the moment. I'm looking into the best option for enabling Safestrap to run from the external SD to fix this in the future.
  • newskate9 and bradenfontaine like this

#6 Nnnnr12

Nnnnr12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Google+:hairstont14
  • LocationLagrange, Ga

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

Can't wait for there to be a rom to flash with this.

-tapped from my droid razr maxx HD

DroidRazr Maxx HD safestrapping!!

#7 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

Yes. It works on ALL versions of the RAZR-HD (retail, MAXX, dev-editions, GSM, etc). However, the non-MAXX versions will probably only have enough room for 1 ROM-slot at the moment. I'm looking into the best option for enabling Safestrap to run from the external SD to fix this in the future.

Thank you, sir!

Proud father of a US Marine

#8 dmbfan13

dmbfan13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

So, I've gone ahead and followed your instructions for running stock on a rom slot. Everything went smooth! Once I booted up and went through all the settings, I loaded up the Play Store. I was able to download Titanium Backup, but after trying to install other apps, I get an error saying "Cant install on USB storage or SD card". Any ideas?

After looking at storage, I see I only have 1.59gb available. I selected 2gb for the rom slot. Is this releated? Can I not have access to all of my internal storage? I have the RAZR Maxx HD, so thats 32gb of internal storage.

#9 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

Can't wait for there to be a rom to flash with this.

-tapped from my droid razr maxx HD

BigDX should be releasing a new flash.zip for his theme, usable in Safestrap

#10 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

So, I've gone ahead and followed your instructions for running stock on a rom slot. Everything went smooth! Once I booted up and went through all the settings, I loaded up the Play Store. I was able to download Titanium Backup, but after trying to install other apps, I get an error saying "Cant install on USB storage or SD card". Any ideas?

Is your internal emmc "sdcard" full? Unfortunately, on the non-MAXX versions installing a rom-slot can leave you with very little space. :/

I would move anything non-essential from the internal sdcard to the external SD.

#11 dmbfan13

dmbfan13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

Is your internal emmc "sdcard" full? Unfortunately, on the non-MAXX versions installing a rom-slot can leave you with very little space. :/

I would move anything non-essential from the internal sdcard to the external SD.

No, I just got it a couple of days ago and havent put anything on it. The only thing that might be different, is I was on the Vitreous rom that was flashed using ADB. But i didnt have a problem with my internal memory there.

#12 dmbfan13

dmbfan13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

Seems like its only setting aside 2gb of internal storage.Says total space is 32gb, but the graphical representation only shows around 2gb.

#13 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

Thank you for your continued awesomeness Hash. Without people like you our little community would be lost.

#14 krazyace38

krazyace38

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Your an awesome guy hashcode and also all the guys that worked on this with u thanks for all your hard work and dedication

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

#15 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Did this to me also on my Maxx HD Mr. Hash :) I shall try to see what is going on...

#16 dmbfan13

dmbfan13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Did this to me also on my Maxx HD Mr. Hash :) I shall try to see what is going on...

Are you saying you're having the same problem I am?

#17 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

yeah wont install to sdcard

#18 dmbfan13

dmbfan13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

yeah wont install to sdcard

What does your phone say in storage for available memory under internal storage?

#19 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Well... I haven't talked to him so I don't know exactly what Hashcode has going on here but it shows that I have 1.66GB internal storage and shows my 64GB sdcard as external. I can install apps from the market just fine but when trying to install paid apps, the market seems to think that it's trying to install to USB storage or SD Card.

I did set it up to have a 2GB system if that helps.

#20 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

Reactivated Stock and booted up until this is sorted out... Safestrap is freaking awesome lol

Thanks Hashcode :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users