Photo

[Recovery][Locked Devices] Safestrap Recovery V3.1 [01/04 3.12 - Stock Flash +] [All Versions]

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#141 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

Yeah - this is my first go round with using SafeStrap as ROMming on my other devices didn't require this so I am unsure if the root cause is the ROM I'm trying to load or a SS issue. Not sure if this matters, but I have the ROM stored on the external card and am installing from there. It shows the install as successful but maybe there's an issue loading from externals as opposed to the internal? Just throwing anything out there.

I use SS on my MAXX all the time, NO issues with any ROM, all installed from ext. card. I love it.

That why this is SO frustrating, as I know folks are using SS, putting on Vitreous 1.2, and I just get the logo! I've wiped / stocked this thing a half dozen times and just can't get it to stick. I"m sure it's something easy, but I cant seem to find it!

Proud father of a US Marine

#142 jtair

jtair

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

Yeah - this is my first go round with using SafeStrap as ROMming on my other devices didn't require this so I am unsure if the root cause is the ROM I'm trying to load or a SS issue. Not sure if this matters, but I have the ROM stored on the external card and am installing from there. It shows the install as successful but maybe there's an issue loading from externals as opposed to the internal? Just throwing anything out there.

Are you flashing jb leak and making sure you have root prior to installing ss?

#143 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

OK, so is THAT the issue? NO, I'm NOT flashing JB leak first. I'm on the stock ICS, rooted, SS'd...... and trying Vitreous.

Should I be on the JB leak?

[ if that is the problem........ I'm a dope! ]

#144 discstu37

discstu37

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

Are you flashing jb leak and making sure you have root prior to installing ss?

Yes I am on the leaked VZW JB build that was posted in the beginning of November and kept root via OTARootKeeper (and have even verified with RootChecker)

#145 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

OK, so is THAT the issue? NO, I'm NOT flashing JB leak first. I'm on the stock ICS, rooted, SS'd...... and trying Vitreous.

Should I be on the JB leak?

[ if that is the problem........ I'm a dope! ]

OK, I'm a dope............... working fine now.............. :lol:
  • jtair likes this

#146 onequbit

onequbit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

I think my original "fix-stock-romslot" zip is screwing us now.

Can someone who has a paid app problem, delete: /system/etc/rootfs, then reboot and try to install paid apps again?

We can stop using the .zip now either way. :)

Beautiful, everything is working perfectly for me now!

OK guys...for anyone interested :
Giving Back: Thanking HashCode with a Dev Unit - DroidRzr.com -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

I put $5 to the cause. May not be huge, but if everyone chips in...

#147 jtair

jtair

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

Yes I am on the leaked VZW JB build that was posted in the beginning of November and kept root via OTARootKeeper (and have even verified with RootChecker)

Create a rom slot in ss and restore a backup of your current stock slot to rom slot 1. Let it boot up. It will take a good amount of time on the first boot.

#148 discstu37

discstu37

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

Create a rom slot in ss and restore a backup of your current stock slot to rom slot 1. Let it boot up. It will take a good amount of time on the first boot.

And then wipe and install over rom slot 1? Or put it in rom slot 2? I thought based on the instructions to load stock into a rom slot was just to have a rom backup of stock in a slot. If it was required, then I misinterpreted. Ill give it a shot - thank you!

#149 jtair

jtair

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

And then wipe and install over rom slot 1? Or put it in rom slot 2? I thought based on the instructions to load stock into a rom slot was just to have a rom backup of stock in a slot. If it was required, then I misinterpreted. Ill give it a shot - thank you!

I would delete rom slot 1. Then recreate, restore backup and let boot up.

#150 discstu37

discstu37

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

I would delete rom slot 1. Then recreate, restore backup and let boot up.

Still nothing, tried creating a backup in rom slot 1 (that wouldnt even boot, either), wiping, installing... deleted rom slot 1, repartitioned, still nothing. I know I'm just missing something so minor...

#151 jtair

jtair

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

Still nothing, tried creating a backup in rom slot 1 (that wouldnt even boot, either), wiping, installing... deleted rom slot 1, repartitioned, still nothing. I know I'm just missing something so minor...

The backup needs to be created while active on stock slot. Then activate rom slot 1 and restore the backup of stock slot.

#152 discstu37

discstu37

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

The backup needs to be created while active on stock slot. Then activate rom slot 1 and restore the backup of stock slot.

I did this and still unfortunately nothing. Thank you though for your suggestions.

#153 Batman01

Batman01

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

it is the weekend and i have had time to play with SS and im still having problems. The problem I'm having is that both storages will not mount and i have installed the latest SS. What did i do wrong?

#154 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts
  • Twitter:Hashcode0f

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

New bugfix version of Safestrap (3.05.17) is ready for download.

The main changes center around making sure your stock ROM's "/data/media" (sdcard) is available in Safestrap no matter what rom-slot is active. Also, making sure it's mounted correctly for ROMs which are installed on the rom-slots (as opposed to mounting the ROM's /data/media).

Also, updated the instructions to include the new Motoblur 9.1.39 packaged ROM here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

No need to backup / restore the stock ROM to get it into a rom-slot -- just flash the .zip and away ya go.
  • blacknet101 likes this

#155 killa_beatz

killa_beatz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Hey Hashcode...This is a great application!.. and Shout out to NattyBee . I been following your work since Darkslide with the Droid X. Hey question. I created a 1GB ROM partition in slot one, however it's too small. I must have a ton of apps and I'm not even restoring data. Is there any way to totally delete the partition and make it a 2 or 3 GB partition???

Figured it out!! ..whew

#156 lovemyram4x4

lovemyram4x4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

I don't if SS had anything to do with. I have Vitreous 1.2 running on rom-slot1, I decided to reboot & the ROM was FDR'd. Unfortunately I had done a bunch of changes since my last backup.

I've also had this happen a few times including twice during the above event that while booting I'll tap on SS's continue & the phone goes into charge mode instead of booting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

#157 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

When you say FDR'd? Were you seeing issues in logcat? Or bootup hung? etc?

Re: charge mode. Are you seeing this when the device is off and you plug it into the wall AC? Or under other circumstances?

#158 lovemyram4x4

lovemyram4x4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

When you say FDR'd? Were you seeing issues in logcat? Or bootup hung? etc?

Re: charge mode. Are you seeing this when the device is off and you plug it into the wall AC? Or under other circumstances?

I didn't really look into it yet as I was driving & didn't feel messing with it after I got home(since my stock slot was ready to go). I just know that it wanted me to set up my phone again after it booted & it appeared that all my apps that weren't converted to system apps were gone.

My phone was in the car dock so it was connected to a charger, when I tapped continue on SS instead of booting the charge icon came up.

• gregspruce likes this

#159 Hashcode

Hashcode

King-Of-Code

• Developer
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

Ah.. car dock.. hm. That might also be triggering the same bootmode as charge-only-mode but with obvious different results on stock. I'll have to look into that. :P
  • gregspruce likes this

#160 lovemyram4x4

lovemyram4x4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

It was only those last 2 times it did it that it was in the car dock, IIRC it did once while on wall charger & twice while not on charger(didn't go into charge mode but after not seeing it boot I pushed power button & phone started cold boot).

• gregspruce likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users