• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:06 PM

Just got this phone and I rely like it but I quickly found I'm lost without root. So I used towelroot and it rooted cool right? Well every time I opened super su it asked to update binaries and I choose normal and it failed every time. But at the same time I have root working with apps such as titanium and all others. So I decided I need a custom recovery to complete the task and used flashify. Downloaded cwm touch and flashed. Rebooted and got a message stating something about security and go to nearest Verizon store. No way can't do that right so finally after hitting the right combination of keys I got a screen asking me if I want to install a custom system or reboot so I rebooted and the phone is working just great. Here's what scares me. Can I reboot into recovery and expect it to work or reboot etc and not see that go to Verizon screen again. I was freaking out because I literally just got this after my RAZR m burned up. Any advice on how to go from this point would be greatly appreciated thanks. Also just to add now when I open super su it no longer asks me to update binaries and works normally so I'm scratching my head and wondering if I in fact have a working custom recovery. But I'm too scared to check.

#2 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:44 PM

Just an update. Verizon has a tool for Samsung that basically flashes a new system. Worked great and fixed everything. Except for Knox being tripped. Found a fix for Knox yesterday went to Verizon and exchanged my phone for a different color before my 14 days were up. Cost $35 but figured it was worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users