#21 Aslan93

Aslan93

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:18 PM

right to save confusion this is what i did
1) i downloaded that file and renamed it update.zip then copied it to the root of the phones SDcard
2)turned phone off
3)held both volume keys and power
4)selected motorola recovery
5) got android symbol pressed volume keys again to get menu
6) selected update from sdcard select update.zip
7) once phone updated select restart phone
8) delete update.zip from sdcard
9) copy the ics file to Root of sdcard renamed it update.zip
10) do steps 2-7 again
11) have ICS

This apears to ONLY work on GSM NOT CSMA and seams to only work if you have EU retail version
any futher questions just ask and i will try and help you
at no point do you need to plug into pc other than to transfer the zips to the sdcard

did everything just like in the instructions, installed the first update without a problem but when it came to installing the ics it keeps giving me the same error as before "status 7" or whatever. Any ideas? i have a gsm razr bought in uk

#22 caveman121983

caveman121983

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

did everything just like in the instructions, installed the first update without a problem but when it came to installing the ics it keeps giving me the same error as before "status 7" or whatever. Any ideas? i have a gsm razr bought in uk

i got told status 7 was because it found some files were modified to what it was expecting
what system version does it say you have now? should be 651.167.20.XT910.Retail.en.EU
i did it from a totally blank sdcard other than the update file and i know android uses the memory card sometimes for data so back your card contemts up to your pc and dellete everythin but he update
if that still doesnt work you could try a factory reset on your phone to delete all user data as it might have something installed the ics update doesnt like that will delete all your stuff to thoough pics etc so make sure you have a backup of the data you want to save
other than that im stumped

#23 Aslan93

Aslan93

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

deleted everything and did the whole thing again, same result.
someone suggested "unfreezing" some apps you wouldn't happen to know how to do that?

#24 bamsemh

bamsemh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:30 AM

SOMEONE HELP!!!! how do i get rid of the assert failure and error 7 ? i have tried all i know and found on the net.

#25 zahidismaeel

zahidismaeel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:26 AM

ok then how to go back to stock ROM , i mean if tomorrow there is official OTA ICS for razr can i install it with out any issue?

#26 bamsemh

bamsemh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:12 AM

nvm. if none of the geeks with the ics will help, then ill just w8 for official launch. at least that works without any crappy whipes and so on.

#27 JoLo1030

JoLo1030

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Twitter:@jobescudero

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

ok then how to go back to stock ROM , i mean if tomorrow there is official OTA ICS for razr can i install it with out any issue?

You have to flash via RSD the official version of ur Razr...

#28 JoLo1030

JoLo1030

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

deleted everything and did the whole thing again, same result.
someone suggested "unfreezing" some apps you wouldn't happen to know how to do that?

you have to use Titanium Backup to unfreeze, just locate the app you want to unfreeze, press it and click Unfreeze

#29 JoLo1030

JoLo1030

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

this

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

is the file i used it will update you FROM 651.73.30 SPU11M1-2 en_EU
TO 651.167.20.XT910.Retail.en.EU

From 651.167.20.XT910.Retail.en.EU you can then update again to ICS

right to save confusion this is what i did
1) i downloaded that file and renamed it update.zip then copied it to the root of the phones SDcard
2)turned phone off
3)held both volume keys and power
4)selected motorola recovery
5) got android symbol pressed volume keys again to get menu
6) selected update from sdcard select update.zip
7) once phone updated select restart phone
8) delete update.zip from sdcard
9) copy the ics file to Root of sdcard renamed it update.zip
10) do steps 2-7 again
11) have ICS

This apears to ONLY work on GSM NOT CSMA and seams to only work if you have EU retail version
any futher questions just ask and i will try and help you
at no point do you need to plug into pc other than to transfer the zips to the sdcard

In my case i'm running Brazilian Version, so i would have to flash via RSD the EU version, then manualy flash via Recovery update from the link above, and then flash the leaked ICS... I ain't gonna do it, it's not worth so much trouble for a buggy dummy version...

#30 edurjbr

edurjbr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:eduardobolonhez

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:17 AM

Hello, I´m from Brazil and I´m thinking about buying the Razr, but having GGB it´s not good.

May I update to this ICS? Like, first I would have to place through RSD the Blur_Version.651.167.20.XT910.Retail.en.EU

And later I could simply do the update. Correct?

Regards

#31 edurjbr

edurjbr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:eduardobolonhez

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

Someone just posted my doubt... sorry

#32 ShAdoW0lf

ShAdoW0lf

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:22 AM

Hello, I´m from Brazil and I´m thinking about buying the Razr, but having GGB it´s not good.

May I update to this ICS? Like, first I would have to place through RSD the Blur_Version.651.167.20.XT910.Retail.en.EU

And later I could simply do the update. Correct?

Regards

In my case i'm running Brazilian Version, so i would have to flash via RSD the EU version, then manualy flash via Recovery update from the link above, and then flash the leaked ICS... I ain't gonna do it, it's not worth so much trouble for a buggy dummy version...

I also usethe Brazilian version,and I tried tomake the process ofRSDtoflash651.167.20.XT910.Retail.en.EUversion, but failed.

#33 Seara1976

Seara1976

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

Hi guys,

This ICS update is nothing but hype.
I installed it in my xt910 and most app either dont work our crash, the phone is constantly rebooting, widgets dont work, cant send sms trought the stock app.
In general a complet disaster, dont recomend this to anyone.
Went back to 2.3.5 in the same day.

#34 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:06 AM

99% of people are running out with no issues, you might want to go back and see if you made a mistake.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

:-D :-D

#35 caveman121983

caveman121983

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:50 AM

Hi guys,

This ICS update is nothing but hype.
I installed it in my xt910 and most app either dont work our crash, the phone is constantly rebooting, widgets dont work, cant send sms trought the stock app.
In general a complet disaster, dont recomend this to anyone.
Went back to 2.3.5 in the same day.

HOW i have ICS installed and its working but a little to buggy for my everyday use (use as my work phone exchange crashes all the time)
HOW exactly do i put my phone back to Gingerbread where do i get files and what method

#36 Seara1976

Seara1976

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:18 AM

Go to this tread in the xda forum

#37 Seara1976

Seara1976

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:21 AM

HOW i have ICS installed and its working but a little to buggy for my everyday use (use as my work phone exchange crashes all the time)
HOW exactly do i put my phone back to Gingerbread where do i get files and what method

Hope its usefull

#38 dammanrich

dammanrich

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Google+:dammanrich@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):motorola raza droid

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

Hi guys..i hav bricked my Motorola droid raza...i was install a custom rom with Safestrap-UMTS_Spyder-3.73 I wiped the cach,system and data partitions and rebooted the fone without installing any rom. Now when i switch the fone on i only see the motorola logo.i cant go to recovery too. i have being trying to flash the stock rom but i dnt no which one to download since i didnt take notice of the fone details..i only know these about the fone..*

XT910

Brand ----RTGB

Region --- US

Bootloader --0A.66

Please i need help as to which stock rom will best fit my fone. :(

#39 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

The xt910 firmware is found here -

But, I don't think there is a us region for that device.

sent from my G3

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users