Photo

[DNA MOOT] Do you have Moot in your DNA?

• Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

#261 Sabres032

Sabres032

Large and in charge EMS minion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA
  • Current Device(s):Google Pixel 2 XL

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

Very nice. Glad you're up and running good. Now you need to explore the Venom Hub for all the customization goodies.

I've been perusing the goodies in the venom hub over the past couple of days. Some look cool, I'll check em out later tonight or tomorrow. I'm heading out the door in a few minutes for fire company meeting...... The line officers want to have a company wide meeting to hash out a few issues with the new district. This should be fun, I'm even bring some popcorn.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

Sent from my Marine World N6 or my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi I'll let you figure out which.

#262 mamawm

mamawm

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Google+:martha holcomb
  • Locationnortheast mississippi
  • Current Device(s):moto xpe 2015

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:43 AM

so i got a little over 30 hours on my last battery charge. i don't think battery life is gonna be a problem for me. :D

• Memnoch73, livinginkaos and Sabres032 like this

#263 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

so i got a little over 30 hours on my last battery charge. i don't think battery life is gonna be a problem for me. :D

Light, moderate or heavy usage and how strong is your signal? Every other DNA owner on here is getting phenomenal battery time except me. I think my issue is a weak signal but can't confirm it. I'm only getting 15 hours with light to moderate use and maybe 20 with light use. Not bad considering but Dave, kaos and memnoch are getting close to a day and a half.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

Sent from my Marine World N6 or my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi I'll let you figure out which.

#264 mamawm

mamawm

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:29 AM

Light, moderate or heavy usage and how strong is your signal? Every other DNA owner on here is getting phenomenal battery time except me. I think my issue is a weak signal but can't confirm it. I'm only getting 15 hours with light to moderate use and maybe 20 with light use. Not bad considering but Dave, Laos and memnoch are getting close to a day and a half.

That's light to moderate use. I seem to have "ok" signal at my house for phone calls, data nothing to 1x, and every once in a while 3g for a few seconds. I would be sunk without wifi. (And sam is complaining about how awful 3g is). You are probably correct about the signal. When i forget to cut wifi on, i can almost watch the battery die.

#265 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:58 AM

Light, moderate or heavy usage and how strong is your signal? Every other DNA owner on here is getting phenomenal battery time except me. I think my issue is a weak signal but can't confirm it. I'm only getting 15 hours with light to moderate use and maybe 20 with light use. Not bad considering but Dave, Laos and memnoch are getting close to a day and a half.

You just changed your Rom and Kernel 10 minutes ago. Let it settle for a few days. The good thing about crpalmer's kernel is that it will barely touch the battery when you are not using your phone. Over the weekend I forgot to plug my phone in at night and when I got up 8 hours later it had only dropped less than 5%. 

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#266 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:32 AM

You just changed your Rom and Kernel 10 minutes ago. Let it settle for a few days. The good thing about crpalmer's kernel is that it will barely touch the battery when you are not using your phone. Over the weekend I forgot to plug my phone in at night and when I got up 8 hours later it had only dropped less than 5%.

I know, I know.... I was complaining about performance before I unlocked and installed a custom ROM. So far battery life sucks because I'm constantly on the phone learning the ROM and fine tuning the tweaks.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#267 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:57 AM

Ummmm.... Do I need to upgrade from superuser to SuperSU or is superuser good enough? If I remember correctly when I s-offed the phone the script put SuperSU on and Vipers ROM put superuser on. I was reading the details of SuperSU and it said it was meant to replace superuser so I'm sure it isn't good running both.  I meant to ask earlier but forgot. 

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#268 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:09 AM

You have both?? Superuser is fine.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#269 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

You have both?? Superuser is fine.

Yea.... When I did the clean install of the ROM and updated apps from Google Play I wasn't thinking and clicked the install SuperSU. I'll just follow the instructions for uninstalling SuperSU then since I don't need both. 

• Memnoch73 likes this

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#270 mamawm

mamawm

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

I'm really, really enjoying this phone. It just feels like it was created just for me. Only minor distraction was the stock keyboard, so i just installed the new google keyboard and it's the best one I've ever used. I feel like I know something other people are in the dark about, this is a great phone.
  • Memnoch73, livinginkaos and Sabres032 like this

#271 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

DNA Moot:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

of the Google edition stock rom. This is where we originally stole Sense 5 roms from so this should come to the DNA at some point.

• livinginkaos and Sabres032 like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#272 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

I'm really liking the ViperDNA Rom, the customization is almost unlimited. Still only getting about 16 hours battery life with moderate use but at least it gets me through the day. I almost don't want to try any other ROM.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#273 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

I'm really, really enjoying this phone. It just feels like it was created just for me. Only minor distraction was the stock keyboard, so i just installed the new google keyboard and it's the best one I've ever used. I feel like I know something other people are in the dark about, this is a great phone.

You think the phone is sick now get to unlocking and ROMing then tell us what you think.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#274 rvcjew

rvcjew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUSA,CA
  • Current Device(s):D1>D3>Bionic

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

I'm really liking the ViperDNA Rom, the customization is almost unlimited. Still only getting about 16 hours battery life with moderate use but at least it gets me through the day. I almost don't want to try any other ROM.

Keep the same rom but try different kernels, I'm using crpalmers and its awesome I'm just using stock clocks and get about 23 hours moderate usage.

Sent from my VIPER DNA

D1:Steel Droid v.8 - D3: MavRom v.4.0 - Bionic: Slot 1:OverdriveAOKP 2.1<thanks mrlolli

#275 mamawm

mamawm

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:05 AM

You think the phone is sick now get to unlocking and ROMing then tell us what you think.

maybe one of these days. i want to be completely familiar with all the phone has to offer straight up stock before i go jump off the root bridge. (i do have moonshine bookmarked tho)

• livinginkaos and Sabres032 like this

#276 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

Keep the same rom but try different kernels, I'm using crpalmers and its awesome I'm just using stock clocks and get about 23 hours moderate usage.

Sent from my VIPER DNA

I'm also using crpalmers kernel too and I honestly can't remember if I selected stock clocks during set-up so I have no clue. Eh....I'm still happy with the results.. 

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#277 rvcjew

rvcjew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUSA,CA
  • Current Device(s):D1>D3>Bionic

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

I'm also using crpalmers kernel too and I honestly can't remember if I selected stock clocks during set-up so I have no clue. Eh....I'm still happy with the results..

Iv started having sim issues like others now with it so iv switched to beaups and am happy with it.

Sent from my VIPER DNA

D1:Steel Droid v.8 - D3: MavRom v.4.0 - Bionic: Slot 1:OverdriveAOKP 2.1<thanks mrlolli

#278 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

Iv started having sim issues like others now with it so iv switched to beaups and am happy with it.

Sent from my VIPER DNA

I've had those. Pull your sim out and re-seat it. 

• Sabres032 likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#279 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:24 AM

Sent from my VIPER DNA

What are the SIM issues you've been experiencing and how long did it take to pop up? So far I've been on the ROM about a week or so with no issues. 

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#280 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

What are the SIM issues you've been experiencing and how long did it take to pop up? So far I've been on the ROM about a week or so with no issues. 

It gives you an error that says Sim error. You usually need a reboot to fix it or you need to pull your sim and re-seat it. It is DNA related not Rom related. I have had it on different rom but not in quite some time. It was alxo supposedly fixed in the 2.06 update which your phone came with so you may be fine.

• Sabres032 likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users