Photo

[DNA MOOT] Do you have Moot in your DNA?

• Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

#281 Sabres032

Sabres032

Large and in charge EMS minion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA
  • Current Device(s):Google Pixel 2 XL

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:39 AM

It gives you an error that says Sim error. You usually need a reboot to fix it or you need to pull your sim and re-seat it. It is DNA related not Rom related. I have had it on different rom but not in quite some time. It was alxo supposedly fixed in the 2.06 update which your phone came with so you may be fine.

I'll keep this in mind. 

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

Sent from my Marine World N6 or my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi I'll let you figure out which.

#282 rvcjew

rvcjew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUSA,CA
  • Current Device(s):D1>D3>Bionic

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

It gives you an error that says Sim error. You usually need a reboot to fix it or you need to pull your sim and re-seat it. It is DNA related not Rom related. I have had it on different rom but not in quite some time. It was alxo supposedly fixed in the 2.06 update which your phone came with so you may be fine.

Oh I never got that lol it just said preparing sim and would drop my wifi. I did re seat it though and haven't had any more issues but I'm still on beaups kernel. When re-inserting it used a dime and now it went in about 1mm more leaving that big of a indent in the phone but it's in otterbox defender anyways.

Sent from my VIPER DNA

D1:Steel Droid v.8 - D3: MavRom v.4.0 - Bionic: Slot 1:OverdriveAOKP 2.1<thanks mrlolli

#283 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

Oh I never got that lol it just said preparing sim and would drop my wifi. I did re seat it though and haven't had any more issues but I'm still on beaups kernel. When re-inserting it used a dime and now it went in about 1mm more leaving that big of a indent in the phone but it's in otterbox defender anyways.

Sent from my VIPER DNA

Ahhh you may be right. I have not had the error in some time but yeah preparing sim sounds familiar.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#284 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

Some where in the Viper features I have turn of data and WiFi when phone is idle. When I wake the phone I get a quick pop up saying prepare sim card but it goes away after 10 seconds or so. Is this the error you are referring to? Everything seems to work alright after so I've basically ignored it.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

Sent from my Marine World N6 or my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi I'll let you figure out which.

#285 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:43 AM

Some where in the Viper features I have turn of data and WiFi when phone is idle. When I wake the phone I get a quick pop up saying prepare sim card but it goes away after 10 seconds or so. Is this the error you are referring to? Everything seems to work alright after so I've basically ignored it.

Has it done that since your last install of Viper or did it start a little later? There is a setting somewhere to unmount USB devices when device is idle, but for the life of me I can't find it. If it started later, it could be that your SD is going bad.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#286 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

As far as I can remember (the mind isn't what it used to be) it started after S-off and installing the ROM. I hope it isn't the SD going bad, I don't want to go through the s-off hassle of and turning the phone in.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#287 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

This is not the error I was talking about. I think that is normal because your data is being turned off. Just be careful it's not going into airplane mode when the screen is off. If so you won't get any texts or calls either.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#288 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

Bacon eating midgets who ride velociraptors while being chased by penguin fighting platipy.

That's the answer.

Man..that was too easy.

Sent from my Platyraptor extreme ultra maxxxx 4gLTE/GSM/ABC/123 Nick Knack Pattywack Ermegherd GED, MD,RNA,DNA,YMCA Edition S4! Via the 4th dimension....Running Liquid AOSP

• Sabres032 likes this

#289 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

This is not the error I was talking about. I think that is normal because your data is being turned off. Just be careful it's not going into airplane mode when the screen is off. If so you won't get any texts or calls either.

I don't think it's going into airplane mode, been receiving calls and texts while screen is off all along. Makes scene though if data is of then turn the SIM card having to initialize.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#290 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

Bacon eating midgets who ride velociraptors while being chased by penguin fighting platipy.

That's the answer.

Man..that was too easy.

Sent from my Platyraptor extreme ultra maxxxx 4gLTE/GSM/ABC/123 Nick Knack Pattywack Ermegherd GED, MD,RNA,DNA,YMCA Edition S4! Via the 4th dimension....Running Liquid AOSP

jayrod to the rescue again.... LMAO!!!

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#291 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

I help when I can :D

• Sabres032 likes this

#292 rvcjew

rvcjew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUSA,CA
  • Current Device(s):D1>D3>Bionic

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

That's the sim error thing take our your sim out with the phone off then insert it back in and use a penny to make it go in as far it can go mine went in and there is a 1mm indent now. Iv never had another issue since also did you disable smartsync?

Sent from my VIPER DNA

D1:Steel Droid v.8 - D3: MavRom v.4.0 - Bionic: Slot 1:OverdriveAOKP 2.1<thanks mrlolli

#293 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:53 AM

.....also did you disable smartsync?

Sent from my VIPER DNA

Nope.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#294 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

I was playing around with Venom tweaks and all of a sudden I lost the status bar and this error appeared. Not quite sure what I did. Good thing I backed the ROM up a few days ago. Might have to restore it if I can't figure out what happened.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

81.56KB   11 downloads

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#295 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

I was playing around with Venom tweaks and all of a sudden I lost the status bar and this error appeared. Not quite sure what I did. Good thing I backed the ROM up a few days ago. Might have to restore it if I can't figure out what happened.

attachicon.gif

I have gotten this before. When you hit okay it restarts the system ui and is fine after. I wonder if this is kernel related. I am not on his newest release yet.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#296 HOOKEDONDROID

HOOKEDONDROID

Superuser

• Superuser
  • 102 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Htc Droid DNA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

http://www.droidrzr.com/public/style_images/dark_matter/attachicon.gif

Before doing a backup or clean flash, boot to recovery, wipe cache and dalvik then fix perms then reboot. Should take care of the error..

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

• Memnoch73 likes this

#297 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:21 AM

I have gotten this before. When you hit okay it restarts the system ui and is fine after. I wonder if this is kernel related. I am not on his newest release yet.

That was the funny part, I hit ok and it kept happening. Tried rebooting with no luck.. Still not sure if it's kernel related because I can't remember what setting I changed causing the error.

Before doing a backup or clean flash, boot to recovery, wipe cache and dalvik then fix perms then reboot. Should take care of the error..

Tried that too with no luck. No biggie, I had a backup of the ROM that was only a few days old and just restored it. Everything is back as it should be.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

#298 HOOKEDONDROID

HOOKEDONDROID

Superuser

• Superuser
  • 102 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Htc Droid DNA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:52 AM

That was the funny part, I hit ok and it kept happening. Tried rebooting with no luck.. Still not sure if it's kernel related because I can't remember what setting I changed causing the error.

Tried that too with no luck. No biggie, I had a backup of the ROM that was only a few days old and just restored it. Everything is back as it should be.

dang, I tried lol

• Sabres032 likes this

#299 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:00 AM

After trying to hide the nav bar many many times on my HD and everytime getting the SystemUI stopped crap, I gave up.  You said somehow your nav bar went away, and more than likely that's what was causing that.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#300 Sabres032

Sabres032

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:57 AM

After trying to hide the nav bar many many times on my HD and everytime getting the SystemUI stopped crap, I gave up. You said somehow your nav bar went away, and more than likely that's what was causing that.

I can only assume... I wish I could remember what setting it was I changed so I can see if it replicates the error. I'm sure the viper team would like bug report on it. Alas the mind isn't what it used to be....sigh.

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users