Photo

Procedure for selling and buying a phone?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

So I've decided that a unlocked bootloader is much more important to me than I originally thought and am going to be selling my razr maxx.

I want to make sure I don't miss any important steps in the process. Is it as simple as

Selling:
1. Take out Micro Sd
2. Take out SIM card
3. RSD and factory reset

Buying:
1. Check ESN
2. Put in Micro Sd and SIM
3. Call Verizon and Activate

?

Thanks in advance

#2 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Ideally have the person you are buying it from call Verizon and get on file they are selling it to you.

Also, probably wipe like a mad man and RSD prior to doing anything on the new phone. Not sure what background tasks could be left behind if someone was a real ****er.

#3 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

Ideally have the person you are buying it from call Verizon and get on file they are selling it to you.

Also, probably wipe like a mad man and RSD prior to doing anything on the new phone. Not sure what background tasks could be left behind if someone was a real ****er.

Cool thanks for the info and the quick response.

#4 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

What about my insurance coverage? Does that automatically cover me no matter what phone I have? or do I have to get insurance set up on the new phone?

#5 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

What about my insurance coverage? Does that automatically cover me no matter what phone I have? or do I have to get insurance set up on the new phone?

Don't quote me but i'm pretty sure your insurance will NOT carry over, due to the fact that the phone was purchased through Verizon. I could be wrong though....

#6 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

The insurance does carry over. I don't know if it is supposed to, but it does. I bought a Razr Maxx off Craigslist, and a few months later dropped it and broke the screen. Insurance had me a new phone in a day. They never asked where I bought it, or mentioned anything about it.

#7 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

The insurance does carry over. I don't know if it is supposed to, but it does. I bought a Razr Maxx off Craigslist, and a few months later dropped it and broke the screen. Insurance had me a new phone in a day. They never asked where I bought it, or mentioned anything about it.

Cool! Thanks for clarifying 24v.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#8 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

Sweet. Thanks fellas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users