Photo

Motorola XT926 Locked on Boot Screen, Won't Power Off

XT926 Boot Issue

Best Answer SamuriHL , 01 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

It can't write to the phone. We've seen this issue before and there's zero way to fix it.  I hate to say that, but, this is a very ugly problem.  Sorry you went through all that for no solution, but, the phone is basically screwed up at the partition level.  And yours is not the only one like that.  No one's ever fixed one to my knowledge.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#61 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:41 PM

What shows up

sent from my G3

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#62 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

Also.... In my experience... The MotoDeviceManager simply blows.... And sometimes interferes with fastboot and adb drivers .... That's why I had said to UN install it..... :)
  • livinginkaos likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#63 Goddamnit2014

Goddamnit2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDanville VA

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:48 PM

Open a command prompt in your fastboot directory on your pc. Put the phone in fastboot mode by powering off, hold the vol down and tap and release the pwr button while holding the vol down then release. Connect the usb. In the command prompt type:

Fastboot devices

sent from my G3

Well might be on to something here then. When the phone is stuck on the logo screen nothing appears in device manager related to the phone. When I place the phone in AP Fastboot mode it pops up on the phone and waits there. On the PC in the device manager, after refreshing it, the phone appears as ADB Interface and when its expanded shows Mot Single ADB Interface. I do not see or am unable to find a fastboot directoy on my computer. I looked in program files and program files x86 but neither of those contain that. Nor does the folders I've made on the desktop to house all these tools and the most recent firmware. I applaude your efforts, could you be a bit more specific? Also does any of this make any sense, what should show in device manager?

Removing the moto device manager now.

#64 Goddamnit2014

Goddamnit2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDanville VA

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:56 PM

I've tried flashing the phone again using the HOM tool but it does the same thing. All the files it tried to copy fail with "remote failure". I'm missing something important here but I'll examine the guides again. Perhaps I missed the part about installing a fastboot driver.

OK I have removed all the drivers associated with this phone and reinstalled only the drivers you mentioned in an eariler post. The 6.2.0 64bit drivers are installed now. I have both the House of Moto and the RSDFlasher tools as well. The HOM guide says nothing about fastboot anything, other than to put the phone in that state prior to flashing. Which have done and its on standby in that mode right now. What am I missing? It has to be something I'm missing. Also it still shows a ADB interface, I'm guessing it's supposed to say something like Motorola Fastboot Device instead, in device manager.

#65 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:09 PM

OK..... Completely remove the moto device manager.... Restart PC .... Install the drivers I linked to.... Restart PC .... Put phone in fastboot mode.... Plug into PC .... It WILL install the "single MOT interface driver ....

jhf.png

#66 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:14 PM

Then open your fxz_xt926 directory within your HoM directory... There should be a windows folder ..... Open it you shpuld see adb files and fastboot....... hold shift and right-click in an open area of the window... Choose "open command window here".... With phone still plugged in type .... fastboot devices ... Press enter see what comes up

jhf.png

#67 Goddamnit2014

Goddamnit2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDanville VA

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:16 PM

OK..... Completely remove the moto device manager.... Restart PC .... Install the drivers I linked to.... Restart PC .... Put phone in fastboot mode.... Plug into PC .... It WILL install the "single MOT interface driver ....

Alright I've rebooted the PC after installing the drivers you linked to. The other dirvers and the device manager are gone now. I have the phone disconnected from the PC and now I am going to make windows device manager list the hidden devices (everthing that has ever been attached to it) and the remove all instances of them from the device manager. Then plug the phone back in and see if my PC discovers it and installs the device again.

#68 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:19 PM

You don't actually need to do anything in windows device manager.... Just close it..... Make sure you are in fastboot before plugging into PC ..... Watch the lower right corner of PC for the notification of driver installation

jhf.png

#69 Goddamnit2014

Goddamnit2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDanville VA

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:19 PM

A window has popped up stating its installing Fastboot Vanquish drivers, then it changed to Mot Single ADB Interface again. It's ready to use the wizard claims. That's the fastboot driver you wanted it to show it right? I should try flashing the phone again?

#70 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:23 PM

Yes... That's the fast boot driver ..... Now before flashing follow the other steps to make sure fastboot is working right and seeing the device

jhf.png

#71 Goddamnit2014

Goddamnit2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDanville VA

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:28 PM

Alright now I see what you were talking about, the command promt produced this: TA269005DM               fastboot.

That's all it shows, does that mean the phone is visible to Windows? I tried to flash it again as well. It still throwing 100% errors. Could it be the script I'm using, I told it to do full and I've tried keep data as well.

#72 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:29 PM

Also.... You can grab this file

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

.... (This actually has nothing to do with flashing this phone right now,but is very very handy to have) ..... Once we get your phone figured out I'll explain what to do with it....

jhf.png

#73 Goddamnit2014

Goddamnit2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDanville VA

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:31 PM

Ok I have the file, what's the next step. I'm ready when you are. I extracted the ADB file, and it has what appears to be drivers. They look promising to.

#74 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:35 PM

So fastboot is seeing your phone..... Still getting all errors tho...... Another option would be to run it in Linux ...... You can boot up with a "live CD" or "live USB" and run HoM in it...... Imo Linux is the way to go anyway for all things android .....

jhf.png

#75 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:40 PM

That file is not drivers..... It is simply the adb and fastboot and motofastboot files that you may need from time to time..... Anyway you move the ADB file to the root of C:..... Then you can add it to your "path" .... All that does is give you access to ADB and fastboot via command window anywhere on your PC ..... Meaning you do not need to "find" a folder with the adb and fastboot files

jhf.png

#76 Goddamnit2014

Goddamnit2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDanville VA

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:40 PM

Dang its that bad huh, alright I guess I can download a copy of linux and burn it to disk, then run it off the CD. Damn I wish I had my laptop here now. Humm this will take awhlle to setup but I understand what your saying. If it still fails even under Linux then I guess the phone has some kind of internal damage and probably isn't worth fixing. Shame to, the phone looks nice and in great shape. Before I commit to the Linux route, I'm going to go back to the guide and get the sofware necessary for linux.

#77 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:44 PM

You have the HoM and the proper support files for the phone.... That's all you need to run in in Linux ........... Just to double check..... You do have the SNAPDRAGON support files right?....... You will get 100% errors if you are attempting to use the OMAP support files.....

jhf.png

#78 Goddamnit2014

Goddamnit2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDanville VA

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:46 PM

Yes the snapdragon files are inside the FXZ_XT926 directory (darwin, linux, windows) along with the firmware files and the generated scripts. I didn't see any Linux specific files on the guide so I kind of figured the HOM and the firmware was all I needed to copy over to a flash drive.

#79 Goddamnit2014

Goddamnit2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDanville VA

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:48 PM

I'm going with Unbuntu, it has the ability to run off a USB drive, which should work out good. I'll be back later to let everyone know how it went.

#80 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:57 PM

The Linux specific files are in the snapdragon support files (Darwin, LINUX, and windows) .... And in Linux you would use the house of moto .SH instead of the .bat ...... I would go with the Ubuntu distro of Linux is seems to be the most "user friendly" for those with little or no Linux experience

jhf.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users