{ROM-RETAIL} Trippin Bean

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
189 replies to this topic

#21 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

Hmm let me recompile it and play around a bit.

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  • hillmom likes this

#22 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

Added blur version to OP. DO NOT FLASH GAPPS WITH THE BLUR VERSION!

I'm not having settings or wifi issues with the CM10 build, but I am planning on updating it over the next few days, hopefully that will fix any outstanding issues.
  • jtommyj likes this

#23 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Updated Blur version. If you are on it now you shouldn't need to format data, just cache, dalvik and system.
  • jtommyj, minimalistdave and hillmom like this

#24 minimalistdave

minimalistdave

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Twitter:minimalistdave

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Thanks for the new Blur version. Would love to test it today. :)

#25 piccit

piccit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

I'm using the blur version and I noticed that the standard/blur keyboard is missing. What is the apk that normally contains this (I have access to other roms that contain in, to grab it from - I just don't know where to look)

#26 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

latin.apk.

#27 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

Maybe easier to delete swiftkey flow from the vendor folder as the original keyboard (4.1) is in there, just hidden. If you want 4.2, latinime.apk

#28 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

Is anyone running the AOKP version? What bugs are there besides ringtones and notifications? Is WiFi working or glichy like other ROMs?

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#29 piccit

piccit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

Maybe easier to delete swiftkey flow from the vendor folder as the original keyboard (4.1) is in there, just hidden. If you want 4.2, latinime.apk

Sweet, thanks

#30 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Tried To Install AOKP Version. It's Stuck In A Boot Loop. Followed DirectionsTwice But No Luck Getting It To Boot. Anyone Else With This Issue? Other Versions Work Fine.
  • brandon71 likes this

#31 hillmom

hillmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Twitter:whillmom
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

Tried To Install AOKP Version. It's Stuck In A Boot Loop. Followed DirectionsTwice But No Luck Getting It To Boot. Anyone Else With This Issue? Other Versions Work Fine.

I flashed it and played with it for a little bit. I know it took a long time to boot!

From the RAZR M

#32 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

I flashed it and played with it for a little bit. I know it took a long time to boot!

From the RAZR M

How Long? I Let It Sit About 20 Minutes With No Booting Up, Just Animation.

#33 minimalistdave

minimalistdave

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

Really good build.. everything run smooth. Will talk about battery later but only 1 unsastify thing, why u get rid of bloatware but install here tons of othet bloatware too? Like Gas station, etc..

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#34 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

2 reasons - I like those apps and they can all readily be uninstalled, unlike bloat......

I have an update to Cm10 just about done, I'll fix all the links when I post it. I have been having trouble compiling and frankly, this is the most finicky phone I've worked on so it takes time and patience to build for it.

• hillmom likes this

#35 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Just thought of another reason-because I can......; p

• LSDWiZaRd likes this

#36 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

What are the differances between the CM10, AOKP and Blur versions?

#37 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

The short answer is the base used. Beyond that, AOKP is still in alpha so it isn't a daily driver option. CM10 doesn't have a live link as I'm close to releasing a new update, and blur is the moto base. Blur is fully functional and I have an update uploading right now that improves it further.

The difference in the bases is best described by a Google search.......

• minimalistdave likes this

#38 minimalistdave

minimalistdave

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

Thanks Marxman ... great to hear about updates.. :).. blur is still the best daily driver.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#39 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

I just posted the blur update. See changelog in the OP. It gave me a 25% increase in Quadrant score.

***make sure you disable HW overlays***

All the bloat is gone except for NFL mobile. I wanted everyone to be able to witness Tom Brady hoist trophy number 4 in a few weeks.....

I was thinking about my previous post and I think it's important I expand a bit for those new to the community so here goes:

Blur is the stock ROM developed commercially, thus profit margins rule causing the insertion of "bloat". Useless apps to the majority that take up unnecessary system space, slowing down the system with the goal of you buying from zappos or amazon. Many apps are unnecessarily large and the systems become onerous because corporate bureaucracy causes it by nature.

Android is an operating system that goes far beyond phones. AOSP (Android Open Source Project) is a collaboration of developers that write code to improve, innovate and create new code for the Android OS. Cyanogen Mod is another colloboration of developers that brings the android OS to phones. AOKP is a different group with the same task. For our phones to use this code we owe thanks to Hashcode (Safestrap is just one reason) and Dhacker (writes the code for most of the commits for our phones work with CM and AOKP ). That is a gross oversimplification of their work, but point being, without those two many of us would be using Apple.....I just threw up in my mouth a bit, sorry......

Generally speaking CM10 will be more stable and AOKP will have more customization possible to the end user. Depends on a lot of factors, but that is a fair generalization.

Because CM10 and AOKP are open source (free - Dhacker, Hash, DT, etc. don't get paid) the code written is, in my opinion, better because it is written by those who do it as a hobby. Their passionate about their work, not for a paycheck, but because they enjoy it. It shows in the ROMs. So a few things to keep in mind - say thanks or if you can, donate to Dhacker, Hashcode, and Mr. Rosenberg (none of this matters without root). Be patient. STS Dev team supports a lot of phones and the kindle so just because your update isn't coming everynight, someone's is. Dhacker is been unfairly attacked by overeager flashers and I hope it doesn't happen again (scary coupe weeks for us crack flashers when he took a break). If he doesn't enjoy it he can just stop. Developers don't make money, they lose it.....

Personally, I share ROMs because I want to give back to the community. I build them for myself (that's why the apps change, ringtones, etc.). If I like something a lot I release it. A good example is today's blur update. My son just got an M, I asked him what he wanted and the result is an improved blur version. I made it for his tastes and uses, which is better for most everyone because I have a very narrow usage pattern with my phone. I'm an addict - crackflasher is a prettier word, but the truth is my phone gets flashed at least once a day - there are days when I didn't have anything to flash so I'll break out RSD for kicks.......I like things fast, so anything I put out will be snappy, usually have old school rap for ringtones, and will have an update in the works.....

What we really need is more Devs. Play around and if you come up with something cool, share it. If you get stuck and have a question, ask someone for help. Like Kindergarten teachers say - caring is sharing!
  • neckchop, reallyneatgirl, minimalistdave and 2 others like this

#40 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

I just posted the blur update. See changelog in the OP. It gave me a 25% increase in Quadrant score.

***make sure you disable HW overlays***

All the bloat is gone except for NFL mobile. I wanted everyone to be able to witness Tom Brady hoist trophy number 4 in a few weeks.....

I was thinking about my previous post and I think it's important I expand a bit for those new to the community so here goes:

Blur is the stock ROM developed commercially, thus profit margins rule causing the insertion of "bloat". Useless apps to the majority that take up unnecessary system space, slowing down the system with the goal of you buying from zappos or amazon. Many apps are unnecessarily large and the systems become onerous because corporate bureaucracy causes it by nature.

Android is an operating system that goes far beyond phones. AOSP (Android Open Source Project) is a collaboration of developers that write code to improve, innovate and create new code for the Android OS. Cyanogen Mod is another colloboration of developers that brings the android OS to phones. AOKP is a different group with the same task. For our phones to use this code we owe thanks to Hashcode (Safestrap is just one reason) and Dhacker (writes the code for most of the commits for our phones work with CM and AOKP ). That is a gross oversimplification of their work, but point being, without those two many of us would be using Apple.....I just threw up in my mouth a bit, sorry......

Generally speaking CM10 will be more stable and AOKP will have more customization possible to the end user. Depends on a lot of factors, but that is a fair generalization.

Because CM10 and AOKP are open source (free - Dhacker, Hash, DT, etc. don't get paid) the code written is, in my opinion, better because it is written by those who do it as a hobby. Their passionate about their work, not for a paycheck, but because they enjoy it. It shows in the ROMs. So a few things to keep in mind - say thanks or if you can, donate to Dhacker, Hashcode, and Mr. Rosenberg (none of this matters without root). Be patient. STS Dev team supports a lot of phones and the kindle so just because your update isn't coming everynight, someone's is. Dhacker is been unfairly attacked by overeager flashers and I hope it doesn't happen again (scary coupe weeks for us crack flashers when he took a break). If he doesn't enjoy it he can just stop. Developers don't make money, they lose it.....

Personally, I share ROMs because I want to give back to the community. I build them for myself (that's why the apps change, ringtones, etc.). If I like something a lot I release it. A good example is today's blur update. My son just got an M, I asked him what he wanted and the result is an improved blur version. I made it for his tastes and uses, which is better for most everyone because I have a very narrow usage pattern with my phone. I'm an addict - crackflasher is a prettier word, but the truth is my phone gets flashed at least once a day - there are days when I didn't have anything to flash so I'll break out RSD for kicks.......I like things fast, so anything I put out will be snappy, usually have old school rap for ringtones, and will have an update in the works.....

What we really need is more Devs. Play around and if you come up with something cool, share it. If you get stuck and have a question, ask someone for help. Like Kindergarten teachers say - caring is sharing!

THANKS!!!

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users