• Please log in to reply
685 replies to this topic

#41 orcsbane13

orcsbane13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

Here's my fix for market downloads. OK - it isn't my fix. But I did two hours of research to find it!

I sideloaded ROM Toolbox from my non-safe system, then used the following instructions from our XDA brethren:

After creating that script, I just ran it, and my queued downloads finished downloading.

Source:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Edit: Man.... getting all this working really makes me wish I could develop ROMs! I have so many ideas (pull the Camera drivers off the leaked ICS for the GSM RAZR, etc) but can't make them work because I don't know how! I guess I'll keep seeping off the system! hehe

Ty for this, having a working market makes a world of difference. :-)

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

#42 brewski

brewski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

For some reason, I cannot get the ROM to load. I am using safestrap, wiping /system, installing from zip, wiping /data /cache and dalvik cache, then rebooting. I have re-downloaded the file, re-copied it to the external SD, and re-installed and wiped 3 times now. Every time I get a boot loop. First boot takes forever to get to the splash, but does and then reboots. Second boot doesnt take near as long to get to splash, but then goes to "Android is upgrading, optimizing 3 of 91 apps".

Edit: Obviously this is happening over and over, not just 2 times, but thought i should mention it anyway. Thanks in advance. Love the forum BTW.

Can anyone help?
  • subiedude likes this

#43 blkghost

blkghost

Bignadad Beta Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Twitter:@blkghost22
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:17 PM

how do u side load the rom tool box?

edit: nevermind i was able to install it on my alpha ics ima try it out

#44 orcsbane13

orcsbane13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:21 PM

For some reason, I cannot get the ROM to load. I am using safestrap, wiping /system, installing from zip, wiping /data /cache and dalvik cache, then rebooting. I have re-downloaded the file, re-copied it to the external SD, and re-installed and wiped 3 times now. Every time I get a boot loop. First boot takes forever to get to the splash, but does and then reboots. Second boot doesnt take near as long to get to splash, but then goes to "Android is upgrading, optimizing 3 of 91 apps".

Edit: Obviously this is happening over and over, not just 2 times, but thought i should mention it anyway. Thanks in advance. Love the forum BTW.

Can anyone help?

Same thing happened to me last night. Make sure you are coming from the .748 from and not the leak or the .744

#45 brewski

brewski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

Same thing happened to me last night. Make sure you are coming from the .748 from and not the leak or the .744

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but by coming from you mean what ROM i have on the other side of safestrap?

If so, I am coming from .748 (DroidTh3ory's NoName ROM). Could that be the problem? Do i need to be coming from a stock ROM?

Thanks again.

#46 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

A few visual glitches I've noticed:
  • When shutting the screen off, the CRT-animation plays and then the screen flashes back on for a second (I don't like the CRT animation, any way to get rid of it?)
  • The 4g data send/receive icons go over the 5 cellular bars, making it look a bit awkward.
Those are the other couple things I've really noticed so far, this rom definitely doesn't feel like an alpha.

#47 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:28 PM

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but by coming from you mean what ROM i have on the other side of safestrap?

If so, I am coming from .748 (DroidTh3ory's NoName ROM). Could that be the problem? Do i need to be coming from a stock ROM?

Thanks again.

What version radios and such do you have installed? Are you running the leak (.173)?

#48 orcsbane13

orcsbane13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:32 PM

Thanks again.

It shouldn't be because you are using the same kernel and radios. Only other thing I can tell ya to try would be to rsd back to stock, update to .748 and then try it again. I was on the .173 leak when mine was doing the same thing yours is doing to you.

#49 brewski

brewski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

What version radios and such do you have installed? Are you running the leak (.173)?

I am running the NONAME ROM from DroidTh3ory. It is based on .748, and my system version says .748. I tried out the .173 and the Eclipse Rom but didnt like it and used fastboot to get back to .744. Then went to the current rom. Should I be checking somewhere else to find out what radio drivers are installed?

#50 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

Can anyone help?

Well I see one major issue, the steps are:
- Factory Reset
- Wipe Cache Partition
- Format /System
- Wipe Dalvik
- Install from Card

If you are waiting until after you install the ROM to dalvik and format that could be the reason it's not working for you.

:-D :-D

#51 brewski

brewski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

Well I see one major issue, the steps are:
- Factory Reset
- Wipe Cache Partition
- Format /System
- Wipe Dalvik
- Install from Card

If you are waiting until after you install the ROM to dalvik and format that could be the reason it's not working for you.

Just tried this. Waiting for first boot....Will let you know what happens.

#52 blkghost

blkghost

Bignadad Beta Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:56 PM

after doing that temp fix how do i get my gmail to work again?

#53 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:58 PM

after doing that temp fix how do i get my gmail to work again?

I have no issues with GMail. What's up with it?

#54 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

Just tried this. Waiting for first boot....Will let you know what happens.

My fingers are crossed :D

:-D :-D

#55 blkghost

blkghost

Bignadad Beta Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

I have no issues with GMail. What's up with it?

it says unfortunately gmail has stopped... when doing the temp fix do i need to go into cwm (safestrap) and flash it then run the scritor?

#56 blkghost

blkghost

Bignadad Beta Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:35 PM

i got it to work... just reflashed the rom.... and cleared data and cloed it by force and re ran it... it works now....

#57 brewski

brewski

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

Still didnt work. I tried every combination of wiping and installing i could think of. keep getting the same thing.

Anybody got any ideas?

Big thanks for the responses so far.

Edit: I am currently restoring from a stock .744 CW backup. I will try doing this and grabbing the OTA to take me to .748, then installing this ROM. Still doesnt seem necessary though.

#58 blkghost

blkghost

Bignadad Beta Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

Still didnt work. I tried every combination of wiping and installing i could think of. keep getting the same thing.

Anybody got any ideas?

Big thanks for the responses so far.

Edit: I am currently restoring from a stock .744 CW backup. I will try doing this and grabbing the OTA to take me to .748, then installing this ROM. Still doesnt seem necessary though.

i just downloaded itto my phone (internal sd) and just flashed it from there *of course with all the wiping from front to back instructions*
so...
1) install from sd card
2) internal
3) select ic3
4) yes
5) reboot
6) press the search softkey to continue
7) within couple of seconds (could be a min or so) booted up.

#59 The Admiral

The Admiral

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:sthorderson
  • LocationSL,UT

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Definitely daily driver for me. Camera isn't that big of an issue, and if I do need to load something to the SD card over USB (because I don't pack a card reader) I just boot into recovery and mount USB and transfer it there. I don't have the patience for using Dropbox and then transferring the files to where I need them, especially without Root Explorer baked in.

I'll need to do some poking around some ICS forums, but having a big pixellated contact picture during a phone call drives me crazy. Any ideas for getting a big picture in ICS? I think it downsizes when you load it into Google Contacts on the computer.

I've had one instance where the phone just went dead... I had to try three or four times to hold down Power, Volume Up, Volume Down to hard reboot to get the ROM to boot again. Sometimes it will get past the safestrap screen but never show the ROM loading screen... wait 20 minutes and then Hard Reset again. That's pretty frustrating... although I have suspicions that it is because at work, I charge the phone over USB on my computer, which might cause driver issues and what not on the phone.

Thanks!!!!

#60 spikefloyd

spikefloyd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

first I would like say thx to everyone for their hard work this a very nice rom I already love it, things are getting fun

spike

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dhacker29, ICS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users