2649 replies to this topic

#1741 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR Maxx HD

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

I flashed it is a difcerent zip surd didnt hurt anything.

thanks wooddale, i will flash it later after my phone is charged, i was just trying to help people who were asking what is new in this version

#1742 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

The mod is still a wok in progress, This version will still be smooth and eat less battery, I'm still writing the script to kill a core that is not in this update, This update cleaned the zip up and added llawen tweaks to it
  • zooyork0721 likes this

vtc.png

#1743 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

thanks wooddale, i will flash it later after my phone is charged, i was just trying to help people who were asking what is new in this version

That's the beauty of safe strap you can't really hurt anything because you can always do over
  • Shenn likes this

#1744 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

The mod is still a wok in progress, This version will still be smooth and eat less battery, I'm still writing the script to kill a core that is not in this update, This update cleaned the zip up and added llawen tweaks to it

vtwinbmx - a bit ago, Mattlgroff used CPU Sleeper in some work for the same reasons - to shut down a cpu during deep sleep. I tried that and ended up not using it as I thought my phone took too long to "start up". I'm not sure if he is still using that, coded it into his stuff, or dropped it. I think others had the same impression at the time.

If you hard code it, can you put option to turn off - IF it does get a slow start, I'd like not to use it. WIth my Maxx battery life now, slow starts aren't worth it to me for a few extra bits of battery life. Just a thought.

Proud father of a US Marine

#1745 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

today was the end of my first battery cycle after flashing the 24v mod and applying some other settings as well using CPU tuner, my phone last for 55h on single charge, not heavy usage, actually you can consider it very light usage, but still that is about 30% more of battery life compared to the best results i had before, thanks vtwin, i will post the screenshots later today

#1746 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:32 AM

I have had this phone for about a month I also have a Note2. When I first got it I wanted to get rid of it because of the lag problems even in stock. With these new tweaks its right up there with the Note. OF my a little smaller lol. Thanks V

#1747 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

eat less battery

is that mean we will get more battery life???? if yes i think vtwin will make me through away my charger soon :)

#1748 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:37 AM

yeah honestly i do not know why Moto did that to this amazing phone (maxx hd), they might thought that if it is has a huge battery, then it would last a full day whatever the user does, BUT the phone can do much more if they let us control it the way we want and we need

#1749 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

just a question to vtwin, llawen has 2 tweaks one for interactive and one for ondemand, which one did you use? and most importantly in case you used the interactive ones can we still use ondemand governor or not?

excuse me if the answer is clear, but better ask than to assume

#1750 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

just a question to vtwin, llawen has 2 tweaks one for interactive and one for ondemand, which one did you use? and most importantly in case you used the interactive ones can we still use ondemand governor or not?

excuse me if the answer is clear, but better ask than to assume

I checked my kernel and it was inter noop after the tweak. With his tweaks

#1751 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

thanks Wooddale, i was using ondemand after the 24v mod, so i assume i still can use it

#1752 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

thanks Wooddale, i was using ondemand after the 24v mod, so i assume i still can use it

I would guess thats what it was about Moto kept making it go back to Inter. If you set apply on boot you should be good. Every phone is different so what ever works best for you.
  • Shenn likes this

#1753 adamant13247

adamant13247

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

I checked my kernel and it was inter noop after the tweak. With his tweaks

Are you guys tweaking sysctl kernel settings after flash?

#1754 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

I was just doing gov don't no what V did

#1755 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

this sound too technical lol, i will tell you what i do and you call it what you want.

i change the governor in CPU control to ondemand, then i use CPU tuner, to control the CPU based on the screen, i

Screen off: Mobile data: 2G, Sync: off, Wifi: enabled, and the rest of options left it to no change. Max CPU 594, the governor was Ondemand with 90 threshold, and it is 50% between battery saving and performance.
Screen on : Mobile data: 3G, Sync: Enable, Wifi:- Enable, Rest of options left it no change, Max Cpu Max, Ondemand 90 threshold and it is 100% performance biased.

and with tasker i disable mobile data when the wifi is connected.

when I applied those settings and flashing the 24v mod i got 55h on single charge but with light use, about 3h 30m screen and about 1h voice calls, but again as i mentioned earlier although it is light usage, but thats how i use phone normally on week days, and 55h is about 30% more than the best time i had before

#1756 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

How do you send short videos? I keep getting error message.

#1757 adamant13247

adamant13247

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

this sound too technical lol, i will tell you what i do and you call it what you want.

i change the governor in CPU control to ondemand, then i use CPU tuner, to control the CPU based on the screen, i

Screen off: Mobile data: 2G, Sync: off, Wifi: enabled, and the rest of options left it to no change. Max CPU 594, the governor was Ondemand with 90 threshold, and it is 50% between battery saving and performance.
Screen on : Mobile data: 3G, Sync: Enable, Wifi:- Enable, Rest of options left it no change, Max Cpu Max, Ondemand 90 threshold and it is 100% performance biased.

and with tasker i disable mobile data when the wifi is connected.

when I applied those settings and flashing the 24v mod i got 55h on single charge but with light use, about 3h 30m screen and about 1h voice calls, but again as i mentioned earlier although it is light usage, but thats how i use phone normally on week days, and 55h is about 30% more than the best time i had before

They had some settings for sysctl settings to help performance and battery. Didn't know if they still are using custom ones or just the one built in the tweak zips?

#1758 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

They had some settings for sysctl settings to help performance and battery. Didn't know if they still are using custom ones or just the one built in the tweak zips?

i think those custom ones are included in the last zip

#1759 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

i think those custom ones are included in the last zip

So you using on demand, what about scheduler

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#1760 triskropf97

triskropf97

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Google+:Triskropf@gmail.com
  • LocationNashville, AR
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

My Gmail isn't working anymore..! Help... Please... Thanks..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Razr HD, Full Throttle, licoRice

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users