Photo

Jellybeans! DROID RAZR HD Verizon New Leak and Atrix HD AT&T Firmware(FXZ)!

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#101 meteron

meteron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

See if setcpu is showing your clock speed is limited?

I see virtually zero lag, I'm having a hard time believing this is android because of how responsive and smooth it is

Does not look limited to me. I was previously on the leak... which had worse lag than this... so I flashed back to stock... rooted... updated binary and protected root... installed 0.7.2 OTA... installed this version of JB... cleared cache, once it booted up I did an FDR.. and while it is not as laggy.. it still stutters.

Seems I cannot post pictures... so yes on most current.. setCPU says: 1512 max 384 min, governor interactive, scheduler deadline, showing both cores. Quadrant is getting 5100+. So the speed is there. It just stutters. And it did this before I had any of my apps installed. ICS was WAY smoother for me.

But the battery life is perfect. ARG.

#102 syntrix

syntrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

Hmmmm.... I am still getting lag on this.. what gives? I get some stutter lag when scrolling the app drawer sometimes... opening and closing apps.. so weird. But my battery life... phew. I am getting even better battery life than when I was on ICS.

I only notice this when I'm plugged into my pc (was like that stock). Other than that, it's buttery smooth.

#103 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

anybody having some battery issues i only got a little over 7 hours of extremely light use before i had to plug in and charge

Hmmmm.... I am still getting lag on this.. what gives? I get some stutter lag when scrolling the app drawer sometimes... opening and closing apps.. so weird. But my battery life... phew. I am getting even better battery life than when I was on ICS.

It sounds like both of you have misbehaving apps. I'm silky smooth and am showing 26 hours remaining @ 92% with my weak signal and insane usage habits. I honestly attribute this to the fact that I always factory reset after a major update to allow the system to have a fresh start.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#104 meteron

meteron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

It sounds like both of you have misbehaving apps. I'm silky smooth and am showing 26 hours remaining @ 92% with my weak signal and insane usage habits. I honestly attribute this to the fact that I always factory reset after a major update to allow the system to have a fresh start.

Like I said, I did a FDR right after it booted up from the update. Before I installed any apps, it was jerky.

#105 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

Like I said, I did a FDR right after it booted up from the update. Before I installed any apps, it was jerky.

Immediately after a restore it'll take a bit for the phone to rebuild its databases and will seem sluggish for a period of time. The only sluggishness I experience after everything settles is when I scroll in and out of the quick toggle screens on the left.

Posted Image

#106 shaddix

shaddix

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

I did everything you listed in your steps except the FDR and its running perfect

#107 danheinz

danheinz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:danheinz

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

This is a dumb question. I have never side loaded an update before. Since there's a good chance the OTA is coming next week. When that OTA is officially available should I go back to stock and install the ota? or just stay with this since it's the same version? Or is there a benefit to installing OTA?

#108 meteron

meteron

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

Immediately after a restore it'll take a bit for the phone to rebuild its databases and will seem sluggish for a period of time. The only sluggishness I experience after everything settles is when I scroll in and out of the quick toggle screens on the left.

I am going to do one more FDR... this time not transferring anything back to the phone itself and I bought a new micro SD card and just putting everything on that. I am hoping this time it is fine.

#109 Brenardo

Brenardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

I would just hold tight til the OTA has been pushed. I feel confident that it will be the exact same as what you have already installed. If it is then I wouldn't worry with going back and taking all the OTAs

This is a dumb question. I have never side loaded an update before. Since there's a good chance the OTA is coming next week. When that OTA is officially available should I go back to stock and install the ota? or just stay with this since it's the same version? Or is there a benefit to installing OTA?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

#110 krazie1

krazie1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

So do you guys think that this is really worth it to Upgrade right now? Is the Call Quality improved in Jellybean because on ICS it sounds cheap?

#111 Brenardo

Brenardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

That is a decision YOU will have to make dude. I for one can not live without Google Now...But I never had an issue with call quality.

#112 syntrix

syntrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

So do you guys think that this is really worth it to Upgrade right now? Is the Call Quality improved in Jellybean because on ICS it sounds cheap?

Not sure if "improved" but I just had a long call and it was CRYSTAL CLEAR. This was from my HD to an OG RAZR that's stock.

#113 syntrix

syntrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

That is a decision YOU will have to make dude. I for one can not live without Google Now...But I never had an issue with call quality.

Call quality is the best feature of the moto line, and always has been. I can't stand a call on a samsung. But really... you can't live without google now? I love it, but I wouldn't die without it, lulz.

#114 Brenardo

Brenardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Yea dude I love it. I like talking to my phone and it understanding my southern accent

#115 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Yea dude I love it. I like talking to my phone and it understanding my southern accent

I'm amazed at how well Google Now recognizes people. I have a softer voice that is often difficult for mics to pick up and it has next to zero issues hearing me and transcribing that into a search. Now if only they'd use the same algorithm to Google Voice so my voicemail transcripts were halfway accurate...

Posted Image

#116 shaddix

shaddix

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

I'm amazed at how well Google Now recognizes people. I have a softer voice that is often difficult for mics to pick up and it has next to zero issues hearing me and transcribing that into a search. Now if only they'd use the same algorithm to Google Voice so my voicemail transcripts were halfway accurate...

People calling you on their Samsungs over $#!+ty att network doesn't lend well to transcription

#117 danheinz

danheinz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:danheinz

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

I upgraded today... but I need to switch my phone back now to stock. So to go back to stock ICS on the phone would i just use the matt's razr hd utility?

Thanks!

#118 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

I upgraded today... but I need to switch my phone back now to stock. So to go back to stock ICS on the phone would i just use the matt's razr hd utility?

Thanks!

Yes, Matt's utility should put you back to stock without issue. I just went back from this update today (I screwed up root when I updated yesterday so I had to fix it)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#119 rpizzijr

rpizzijr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationWallingford, CT

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

When I try to make a 3rd partition in SS to try to load this ROM, it fails. Not a ROM problem, seems like there is enough room, any ideas why?
But wait....if you're here, who's running hell?

#120 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

When I try to make a 3rd partition in SS to try to load this ROM, it fails. Not a ROM problem, seems like there is enough room, any ideas why?

This is not a SafeStrap rom. This is an official leaked update...you need to go back to stock,and take the OTA, before you will be able to flash this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users