#1 dtrail

dtrail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

KeXeC D-WiZ Rom 0.1.0 Beta Test

Posted Image

This is a beta version of my Kexec D-WiZ Rom. This is NOT an release candidate! Only for testing purposes.

Features:

- CM10-based

- Kernel:

• 3.0.31 Jelly Bean kernel
  • reconfigured and modded for good performance
  • less battery drain
  • OC and UV coming soon....
- tweaked:
  • System-Tweaks for RAM-Management
  • SD-Card-Boost
-- Hotplug-Governor reconfigured:
  • set as default governor
  • aggressive downscaling
  • 2. Core wake up only if really needed
  • 2. Core sleep faster
  • upscaling more slow
  • scales to higher frequencies if really needed
-- System Tweaks
  • stable UI
  • prevent Dirty Writeback Timeout
  • ram management
  • SD-Boost
  • Wifi Power Management On (saves battery, in case you're at home it will set to lower signal strengh but really enough for good signal)
-- Kernel Tweaks
  • for better memory usage
  • faster System
  • power usage
  • default scheduler NOOP
- SystemUI: Razr I Launcher & 3DCircle

- OTA Updates (Updates from my Server)

- GAPPS blacked out
- 4.2 Gallery
- 4.2 Gmail
- 4.2 Keyboard

-- Full automatic and location based power-controll via integrated Llama (WITH finished profiles):
  • automatic switch 2G/3G (Browser or Play Store On: 3G Preferred)(Browser or Play Store or Screen Off: 2G)
  • if connected to WLAN: 2G
  • if entering home: WLAN ON, Data Off, 2G
*profiles can be customized and extended of course

- CM10-Features
- Modified, improved Version of Google Now

Llama-Profiles:

• Download Zip File:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• Extract it and copy its content (the folder) to your EXTERNAL SD-Card.
  • Open up the Llama-App and press the "Menu-Button".
  • Select "Import/Export Data" and choose "IMPORT from SD-Card".
  • The profiles are now activated
  • Depending on your devices language, you MUST rename the home area name "zuhause" in EVERY rule to your own home areas name. E.g. if you are on English your home area should be called "Home". So open up ALL rules which include "zuhause" and change it to "Home". The second possibility is just to change your home areas name from "Home" (or however it is called) to "zuhause". The same must be done with those profiles which include "draussen" (which means "outside".
  • Now you have to select your home Area on the LEFT tab. Press and hold on "Home" and select the option to detect your home location (some minutes should be enough)
  • Last thing is to select you homw Wifi. Press the menu button and select settings (or options, dunno how its in English). Scroll down to experimental stuff, then choose check for Wifi Networks". Go back into Llama menu and select tab "Recent", search for you Wifi Network and press and hold it, now choose "Add to area" and select home.
  • IMPORTANT: Now go back into experimental stuff settings and DEACTIVATE the search for Wifi Networks option!
  • There are some "sync-Rules" in the Llama Profiles, they are experimental (background data sync on for 1 minute everx 20 minutes). Just deactivate or delete them if not needed (maybe they are causing partial wakelocks). But before you delete them, just have a look into them, so you'll see how complex this app can be customized!
  • Llama is now configured and active! Now you can add your own rules if you want.

Llama is VERY powerful! Have a look into its options and you'll find an option called "Llama Variables". They can be set to whatever you want. So there are very very complex rules possible! If configured the right way, Llama can also help saving battery a lot! Take you some time to learn how it works.

What works

• Wifi
  • Data
  • Bluetooth
  • Google Now
  • Deep Sleep*
  • Screen rotation*
Bugs
  • Jelly Bean related Bugs
  • No Camera

- Installation -

NOTE: Do NOT install this on top of D-WiZ Stock Version!!!
  • Safestrap 3
  • Wipe Data, Cache & Dalvik, Format System
  • Flash Rom
  • Don't forget to load the Llama Profiles (above)

*GAPPS are integrated

Some suggestions:
  • Download the following script and open it with SManager [Onboot] & [SU] (activates Power Management for WLAN0) --->

• ThyrusHolo White Theme or ThyrusHolo Black Theme from Play Store.
  • Go to display and brightness settings, select auto brightness, customize and add 2 or 3 more steps (fill the values continuing)
  • Go to Settings ---> Developer Settings, scroll down and set ALL Animation Scale settings from its default "1" to "0,5" or "0". This will give you better performance in the UI!

DONWLOAD

This is a work in progress! BETA test version just for testing the D-WiZ tweaks on Kexec system!

If it freezes while booting, just wait for black screen and reboot manually!

Donation

If you like our work we would appreciate it if you would send us a small donation. Donations make sure that we can go on providing you Roms and other stuff. We are doing all this in our spare time, but thereby resulting cost. We use this money to buy equipment or pay our servers and workspace environment.

If you want to donate use the Donate Button below my name (below Thanks Meter)

Contributors:

Many thanks to all those who donated to us!

• Jack'o (xda)
  • Wombatino (xda)
  • Palmin (Handy-Faq)
  • nischalnischal (xda)
  • Spectral1991 (xda)
  • blackhawk_LA (xda)
  • Gombi123

D-WiZ Dev Team:

• dtrail
  • spryte
  • Sh4itan
  • Silentjet
  • DumbleCore

*Thanks to:
  • Frasertag for answering all my questions!
  • STS-Dev-Team for their work on the Base-ROMs and making them compatible with our hardware!
  • XDA and its great community!
  • XlightwaverX for his awesome development social network site and help!

#2 Shubdya

Shubdya

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Unable to setup DATA connection...............Even cant do a manual settings , as after filing the details .....the config is not saved.....
  • JerryWhete likes this

#3 dtrail

dtrail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

Sorry for the late answer, mate! Nobody ever posted in here so I didn't look for it.

Just reboot after saving APN (although if you don't see it saved), if it still doesn't work go to mobile network options and untick the two boxes (get OEAM telephony code & get IMSI), then set APN, save it and reboot.

#4 Mapoule69

Mapoule69

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

i love this rom !! i wait the beta 3 !! thanks for you rom !! i am sorry for my english , i am french guys !!

#5 dtrail

dtrail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

Thanks! But within the next few weeks, there won't be an update because I have my focus on the Stock kernel version. D-WiZ 2.0.4 (for Bootmenu) is running much better and provides much better battery life. The camera is also working and you can install it via Aroma Installer.

#6 Mapoule69

Mapoule69

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

It's possible to install D-WIZ 2.0.4 with SS3 please??

#7 dtrail

dtrail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Nope, only BMM. You can use 2.0.3 with SS3, but the rom works much better with BMM.

XT910 - Stock System: D-WiZ 2.0.4 / 2nd System: Moto Jelly Bean

#8 dtrail

dtrail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

Now testing a new kexec built with my own kernel based on hashcodes mr1 source. Overclocking, uv and Android 4.2.2 and many nice new features baked into the kernel by me. Almost no issues. Battery lasts very long! After the closed beta test I'll publish here too!

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2
  • dtrail and radu like this

#9 radu

radu

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationRomania
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX GSM

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

Update?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rom, gsm, kexec, jelly bean, razr, kernel, d-wiz, dwiz, motorola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users