Photo

my name's chilbot and I have a droid razr. this is my first time here.

unresponsive touch screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chilbot

chilbot

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:05 AM

I admit it, I have a problem.  I've come here looking for help, and possibly a solution.  If it takes twelve steps so be it.  

It all started when I got my droid razr m xt907 wet... I immediately took it out of the water, but I think I made two fatal mistakes.  I didn't take the battery out, and I didn't put it in rice until 12 hours later.  Yes, 12 hours.  I thought the phone was going to be okay, because  I was watching a video when it got wet, and it was still working perfectly when I took it out of the water.  My phones never gotten wet so I thought if the video was still playing it was going to be fine.  I shook it off, and put it on the counter to dry.  I woke up the next morning and it powered up perfectly, but I quickly realized the touchscreen was unresponsive.  It was then that I put it in rice, (dumb, I know), and left in there for about 72 hours. Still no go.  I've done a soft, and hard reboot.  The touching of the screen to I guess theoretically reconnect the digitizer connection.  I haven't submerged it in alcohol, because I'm not certain if that will hurt more than help.  

I've just started searching the forums but can't find what I'm looking for.  Perhaps this is because I'm a newbie, but if anyone has any guidance I would sure appreciate it. 

Thanks,

chilbot xt907

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:33 PM

Sounds like you've done what you can already...rice is in fact the best solution...and like you've said, you may have waited too long to do that....... Don't submerge in alcohol (unless its 100% alcohol, its still water and will still do damage) .....

You can disassemble completely and re submerge in rice but I think the damage is already done

If you have a HDMI cable and USB mouse, you can check all other functions, if everything else works, that should narrow it down to only screen damage......
You can then try replacing the screen and digitizer

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: unresponsive touch screen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users