n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR MAXX

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:24 AM

I'm new to this forum - Hello everyone.

I'm having a problem np Verizon Rep or Cell Phone repair shop has been able to help with.

Last week my RAZR MAXX, which has always worked well, stopped ringing when calls came in. Additionally, when I tried to use the speaker phone mode while on a call - no audio.

I tried soft booting the phone numerous times and then did two hard resets, one through the privacy setting and the other by holding down the volumes and power keys and selecting recovery.

No change.

I took it to two local Verizon stores and a local Cell phone repair shop and all they could recommend was what I had already done.

Cell phone repair guy suggested that it must be a problem with the firmware (the speaker works fine with apps and the vibrate function works).

I looked up replacing firmware (thanks WWW) installed minimal adb/fastboot and RSDLite5.6, downloaded the firmware from Motorola and re-flashed the phone.

I used my same Google address and the phone fully restored itself and retored my backups - but -

Nothing changed. Still no ring or speaker.

I set up a new Google account, copied all my contacts into it and re-flashed the phone again using a new Google address and no backups.

Same result - nothing.

I gave up.

About six hours after the phone was re-flashed the second time I heard the "Droid" bootup message coming from another room.

When I tried calling the RAZR that time - it rang.

Two days later in the middle of a Google Maps Navigation instruction the speaker function went away. A few minutes later someone called and - again - no ring.

I have re-flashed it a third time, now. I waited for twelve hours. No "Droid" sound - no ring - no speaker phone.

I haven't been able to find any solution - or even an explanation - for this on any forum or web search I have been able to imagine.

Any ideas out there?

A phone that doesn't ring is a pain.

Thanks very much.

#2 samsottos

samsottos

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:52 AM

I had the happen to me. And I had to replace my speaker.  If you press the speaker on the back sometime the speaker will start working again. but for a long term fix it will have to be replaced. I think it cost me 4 dollars.  

Try this link for info  

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 altspeed

altspeed

Director of National Stupidity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Twitter:@Pat_Droid
  • Google+:+Patrick Robinson
  • LocationDallas Texas
  • Current Device(s):RIP 8 & 16 GB Bionics, XT912 RAZR Maxx, XT907 RAZR M Current XT 1060 Motomaker Future Nexus 6

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:35 AM

My bionic did the exact same thing when there was a piece of lint in the headphone jack making it think the headphones were plugged in, before you take anything apart try snapping the headphone plug in and out briskly a few times, might very possibly fix this maddeningly frustrating problem.

"We are the People Verizon warned you about"

8 GB Bionic JB, 16 GB Bionic JB, Bionic Lapdock X2, Razr Maxx XT912 JB, Razr M XT907 JBLX

#4 S3nse1

S3nse1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR MAXX

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:11 PM

Thanks samsottos and altspeed -

My speaker DOES work - just not when the phone rings. The repair shop I took it to thought it was the speaker at first as well. Then they saw that the speaker worked in every other instance except for the ring of the phone (changing ringtones also had no effect - and no sound played during selection of ringtones). Did the phone you replaced the speaker on also work like that or just nothing from the speaker?

I tried cleaning the headphones jack - no change. I never use headphones. Does the phone's ringtone cease to function if headsets are plugged in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users