bigjailerman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Twitter:Dave L
  • Locationon the hop
  • Current Device(s):razr M, S4 I545

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:57 AM

Hi guys I have an xt907, rooted, unlocked bootloader on 4.4 that I just recently upgraded to. I have Titanium Backup Pro, Flashify and TWRP, no games but a handful of apps. I seemed to have run out of memory quickly. I have close to 3gb left on a 8 gb card and half a gb on internal. So  here are my questions:

Is Titanium and Flashify and TWRP all backing up the same stuff and sucking the memory?

When I tried to use CleanMaster and move some apps to SD card it says not necessary because the card and internal are one big memory. I didnt know that was true but is the app correct about that?

Can I install a new larger SD and just copy everything on the existing one and transfer it to the larger or am I asking for problems?

Also if I delete Flashify will I loose TWRP? I like the ability to freeze things with Titanium especially Motorola UpdateOTA..

I think I properly setup backups to by dropbox but I also did it manually in folders I created within dropbox.

I know its a ton of questions but now I started messing around with the phone I want to do more lol!

Thanks

bigjailerman

....its never too late to learn :google

#2 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:24 AM

All three on default settings backup to internal memory.  TWRP and TiBU can be set to backup to external through settings, but flashify doesn't seem to like the external memory. The trick with KitKat with out modding a system file is to let the app create the folder on the external as you set it up to use it. You can modify a system file to allow use of the external but you open it up and bypass the protections Kitkat introduced. Be careful of using any app to modify the use of external memory, some will work but others do not. Either way make sure you understand permissions and file properties before modding system files.

• bigjailerman likes this

#3 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,068 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:29 AM

I wasn't aware that Flashify backs anything up?  Titanium and TWRP back up different things - with TWRP you can create a "nandroid" backup that is basically a snapshot of everything - data, system, etc - this way if you flash something and you want to revert, it's easy peasy.  Should make it a habit to make a nandroid before you flash anything anyway, just in case.  TiBu backs up apps with their data and can also backup text messages, call log, wifi addresses.  Big thing to remember with TiBu is if you flash a new ROM, never restore any system files/data to the new ROM - can cause all kinds of issues.

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#4 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:48 AM

Flashify isn't necessary onve you have TWRP installed, so it is safe to remove.

#5 bigjailerman

bigjailerman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Twitter:Dave L
  • Locationon the hop
  • Current Device(s):razr M, S4 I545

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:39 PM

Flashify isn't necessary onve you have TWRP installed, so it is safe to remove.

Thanks... Good move 4 me :)

....its never too late to learn :google

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users