Photo

([ROM]) Black Widow HD for XT926 (3|20|13)

deodexed zipaligned Jellybean 4.1.1 custom dark theme blacked out system Verizon XT926

• Please log in to reply
404 replies to this topic

#261 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

Sorry man that was the first zip which has been uploaded with the boot mod, I flashed again by mistake, now I just flashed build 1 and boot mod in one flash it didn't boot, then flashed separately it didn't boot neither :(

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

k, so it looks like I will be using v2, and have the reboot mod as an extra flash. since that is the one that's been reported back as working~ I was Realllly hoping to get it all in one flash, but its cool the boot logo has been integrated into the ROM.. making this even more of a custom! gotta love it!! :ph34r:

Sent from my XT926M using Tapatalk 2™

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#262 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

where does the default wallpaper reside? I've looked for it in /system/media but I don't see it there...

u talking about the one u had in your screenshot a few posts back, or mine? the default wallpaper should be like the one from my screenshot... and its located in framework-res drawable.... labeled as, default_wallpaper, you should be able to use a file manager and goto your system/framework directory... and open the framework-res and copy and extract the image from the apk right there on your device.... if you have any problems I can just host the image and toss you an link.... just lemme know which one ur looking for~

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#263 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

post #2 has been updated ~ enjoy the darkness.. and please read the post as I just took quiet a bit of time updating it. Its a new version, so a fresh install is recommended. .. :ph34r: and I always repeat the wipe procedure once or twice... ensure a clean install to minimize issues! wWidow FTW!!!!! !! lol

Posted Image

#264 JackxFrost

JackxFrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

Is the wizard setup supposed to work or no? I can't sign into my Gmail account to sync.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

#265 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Is the wizard setup supposed to work or no? I can't sign into my Gmail account to sync.

the Gmail portion of device setup has never worked, and I imagine doesn't work in any custom deodexed ROM. so the best way, open system settings after you complete the initial setup, go into Accounts and then add your Google account. for root users, I would invest in a program that will come in handy at all times, TiBu. restore app only and enjoy the darkness~ :ph34r:

Posted Image

#266 JackxFrost

JackxFrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

the Gmail portion of device setup has never worked, and I imagine doesn't work in any custom deodexed ROM. so the best way, open system settings after you complete the initial setup, go into Accounts and then add your Google account. for root users, I would invest in a program that will come in handy at all times, TiBu. restore app only and enjoy the darkness~ :ph34r:

thank you!

Posted Image

#267 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

u talking about the one u had in your screenshot a few posts back, or mine? the default wallpaper should be like the one from my screenshot... and its located in framework-res drawable.... labeled as, default_wallpaper, you should be able to use a file manager and goto your system/framework directory... and open the framework-res and copy and extract the image from the apk right there on your device.... if you have any problems I can just host the image and toss you an link.... just lemme know which one ur looking for~

I was looking for the one in my screen shot. That was the default wallpaper when I installed the ROM but I haven't spotted it anywhere. I found the one you had in your post.

#268 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR Maxx HD

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

Very nice Andlaw, thanks a lot.

i just have a question, why when reboot, it starts from the boot animation, normally when rebboting it should starts from the HD new logo then safestrap then the boot animation!! it is not an issue at all, but now when we have to go to recovery we have to power off then on to get safestrap.

#269 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Very nice Andlaw, thanks a lot.

i just have a question, why when reboot, it starts from the boot animation, normally when rebboting it should starts from the HD new logo then safestrap then the boot animation!! it is not an issue at all, but now when we have to go to recovery we have to power off then on to get safestrap.

i know what you are referring to, but from the guide i had providing the code... that is the result i got. have you ran any other ROMs for the HD that have the reboot menu, and does it do it like it would on an AOSP ROM like CM10 or AOKP.... or. .. :ph34r: all i know is when i push apks into the system and what not, the reboot menu works for me the way its setup now., maybe its because i am only using the reboot not reboot and recovery., not sure but i can ask around~

Posted Image

#270 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

i know what you are referring to, but from the guide i had providing the code... that is the result i got. have you ran any other ROMs for the HD that have the reboot menu, and does it do it like it would on an AOSP ROM like CM10 or AOKP.... or. .. :ph34r: all i know is when i push apks into the system and what not, the reboot menu works for me the way its setup now., maybe its because i am only using the reboot not reboot and recovery., not sure but i can ask around~

it is ok for me, i dont care much about it to be honest, i just wanted to let you know in case someone else need it.
yes on Fuzion Rom there is reboot menu and it works normal there

#271 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

Curious anyone having an issue with Verizon remote Diagnostics doing a FC on bootup. i'm not talking about after inital flash & setup. Seems to be happening on a fresh boot of the device. that said if i click okay everything seems fine just odd it keeps popping up. The other thing i saw twice now is the Play Store stops, it closes but continues to download whatever was being downloaded/installed.

Lastly @ Andlaw I see in your screenshots posts you dont have any blue displayed in the app drawer pic. However for whatever reason after flashing you new update I still see blue. Now i'm going to go out on a limb and guess you are using the stock Launcher and that is why its White, but for the Apex Launcher is still has the blue. Reason I suggest that is I also noticed when I resized a Widget the border to make it bigger is blue as well.

All in All so far tho great build. Seems to be running very well in the hr or so I've had it running. Great work man!!!!!

#272 New Rising

New Rising

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

Great job Andlaw, new update runs smooth and getting awesome battery life.

#273 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

Curious anyone having an issue with Verizon remote Diagnostics doing a FC on bootup. i'm not talking about after inital flash & setup. Seems to be happening on a fresh boot of the device. that said if i click okay everything seems fine just odd it keeps popping up. The other thing i saw twice now is the Play Store stops, it closes but continues to download whatever was being downloaded/installed.

Lastly @ Andlaw I see in your screenshots posts you dont have any blue displayed in the app drawer pic. However for whatever reason after flashing you new update I still see blue. Now i'm going to go out on a limb and guess you are using the stock Launcher and that is why its White, but for the Apex Launcher is still has the blue. Reason I suggest that is I also noticed when I resized a Widget the border to make it bigger is blue as well.

All in All so far tho great build. Seems to be running very well in the hr or so I've had it running. Great work man!!!!!

thanks glad your digging the new build! not sure why you would be having any Verizon popups on boot, i removed all bloat which should have removed the 1 or 2 FC popups that used to happen on the very first boot after flashing. and im not sure why Play store would stop working or not download an app, mine has been working fully with no FC's., but to answer your question, Apex launcher stock theme has the blue line within the app drawer.. so I always use APEX white ("skin"), and BWicons ("icons"). .. found within APEX theme settings~

Great job Andlaw, new update runs smooth and getting awesome battery life.

right on man! thanks for the feedback and glad your enjoying it!! BW FTW!!!!! !!

Posted Image

#274 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

thanks glad your digging the new build! not sure why you would be having any Verizon popups on boot, i removed all bloat which should have removed the 1 or 2 FC popups that used to happen on the very first boot after flashing. and im not sure why Play store would stop working or not download an app, mine has been working fully with no FC's., but to answer your question, Apex launcher stock theme has the blue line within the app drawer.. so I always use APEX white ("skin"), and BWicons ("icons"). .. found within APEX theme settings~

Thanks for the reply back. Fyi I figured out the dam VZW thing popping up. On App restore I didn't realize My Verizon was backed up and it restored. Once removed manually all is good on that part now.

As for the google issue. I was mistaken its not the actual play store. Instead the msg is " Google Play Services has stopped" not sure WTH it is seeing as everything seems to be working. And it only pops up on a reboot a couple of time then it seems to correct itself or not happen anymore, weird.

#275 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

Thanks for the reply back. Fyi I figured out the dam VZW thing popping up. On App restore I didn't realize My Verizon was backed up and it restored. Once removed manually all is good on that part now.

As for the google issue. I was mistaken its not the actual play store. Instead the msg is " Google Play Services has stopped" not sure WTH it is seeing as everything seems to be working. And it only pops up on a reboot a couple of time then it seems to correct itself or not happen anymore, weird.

i am having the google issue too, it only happens when downloading something from play store or uninstalling any application

#276 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

i am having the google issue too, it only happens when downloading something from play store or uninstalling any application

Agreed...... why i wanted to reply back today. I thought it was a Play Store issue originally but really its not. It only comes up like you just mentioned and are seeing like I am

#277 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

Agreed...... why i wanted to reply back today. I thought it was a Play Store issue originally but really its not. It only comes up like you just mentioned and are seeing like I am

the strange thing that it does not affect the process, so if downloading something it will be downloaded, or uninstalling something, it will be uninstalled despite of that message. i just ignore it till we figure out WTH it is :)

#278 dcangemi

dcangemi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

Posted Image

Thanks a bunch! Downloaded latest ww revision and it runs and looks great :)

#279 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

the strange thing that it does not affect the process, so if downloading something it will be downloaded, or uninstalling something, it will be uninstalled despite of that message. i just ignore it till we figure out WTH it is :)

yep... it is odd it gives the error but still does wha tit is suppose to do. I'm with you tho I just ignore it for now as it still works. Just want to keep Andlaw posted on wha twe are seeing

#280 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

hey so i have a test build, if any1 wants to take a dive in at it.... here is the link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

reboot to recovery
wipe data
wipe cache
wipe dalvik
wipe system
REPEAT
install ROM
reboot system
profit.... fingaz crossed!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deodexed, zipaligned, Jellybean 4.1.1, custom dark theme, blacked out system, Verizon XT926

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users