#661 trpt

trpt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:41 AM

Last I checked you wasn't forced into doing anything you didn't want to do, so why come on here complaining about it afterwards.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I absolutely was forced into the update. My phone took it as an OTA download, not initiated by me. Every time I booted after that I got the prompt to apply the update.

And I'm not complaining- just sharing my experience for others. I think some may want to know for instance that the weather app (among others) are gone with this update.

#662 TrueBlueWitt

TrueBlueWitt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

For those that are having probs with updating SU binaries, clear data and then try.

Edit: clear the apps data.. not the phone

worked like a charm! Thanks!!

#663 hd0120

hd0120

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

For those that are having probs with updating SU binaries, clear data and then try.

Can you please show me the step by step instructions on how to do this? Thanks a lot.

#664 kr8os71

kr8os71

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

I know I'm gonna get hosed for this one, but here it goes:

I updated my phone to jb, kept root, etc everything was perfect. Until I stupidly hit the razr bootstrap button and...bootlooped. Now I get this:

"Encryption unsuccessful, encryption was interrupted and can't complete. As a result, the data on your phone is no longer accessible. To resume using your phone, you need to perform a factory reset. When you set up your phone after the reset, you'll have an opportunity to restore any data that was backed up to your Google account."

When I hit the reset button however, it powers off and I get the green android with the spinning innards. After that I get the boot up screen and then back to the "encryption unsuccessful" bit.

Can I save this phone? Any help...

#665 mechatricity

mechatricity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

I've been running this for about 30 hours now. Battery life is great, and it's blazing fast, but MAN do these radios suck. :-(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#666 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

I know I'm gonna get hosed for this one, but here it goes:

I updated my phone to jb, kept root, etc everything was perfect. Until I stupidly hit the razr bootstrap button and...bootlooped. Now I get this:

"Encryption unsuccessful, encryption was interrupted and can't complete. As a result, the data on your phone is no longer accessible. To resume using your phone, you need to perform a factory reset. When you set up your phone after the reset, you'll have an opportunity to restore any data that was backed up to your Google account."

When I hit the reset button however, it powers off and I get the green android with the spinning innards. After that I get the boot up screen and then back to the "encryption unsuccessful" bit.

Can I save this phone? Any help...

you'll lose root but might be worth a shot.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  • kr8os71 likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#667 clenz

clenz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:@clenz
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

Upgrade went fine and root restored. I did notice the battery going down much faster. Last night I did not charge since I had about 80% charge. Woke up to a dead phone - this has never happened before. I need to dig into what is draining the battery since the update. The battery stats screen shows mail and maps as the largest users but I know this is not always accurate.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

#668 kr8os71

kr8os71

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

you'll lose root but might be worth a shot.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I will try this later from home, at work atm so don't have access to my computer. Thanks for the help.

#669 mattp427

mattp427

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:12 AM

So there is there another way to root your phone? I must've missed a step because when I opened its root keeper it said root restored, but when a app needs root permission its not getting the promt from super user. Any help?

#670 bfederspill

bfederspill

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRoy, Utah

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:13 AM

I cleared the superuser app data now what? I tried running Voodoo again and tried to restore root but it didn't work. Any way possible that the backup SU binaries is somewhere else on my phone and Voodoo just can't find it? Problem is I wouldn't know where to look for it or where to put it if I did find it. Thanks for your help though.

#671 noamparn

noamparn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

Upgrade went fine and root restored. I did notice the battery going down much faster. Last night I did not charge since I had about 80% charge. Woke up to a dead phone - this has never happened before. I need to dig into what is draining the battery since the update. The battery stats screen shows mail and maps as the largest users but I know this is not always accurate.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Battery life can be lower after an OS update, as the phone learns the new battery use values, and adjusts performance to compensate.
I've read that a few reboot cycles, as well as a few drain and recharge cycles can help get it on track faster.

#672 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

I have read all 669 post and every problem is from people not following instructions,or not reading at all-come on guys the aswers are in the threads
  • SnoDrtRider, Nitewolf and bradenfontaine like this

#673 noamparn

noamparn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

I cleared the superuser app data now what? I tried running Voodoo again and tried to restore root but it didn't work. Any way possible that the backup SU binaries is somewhere else on my phone and Voodoo just can't find it? Problem is I wouldn't know where to look for it or where to put it if I did find it. Thanks for your help though.

I think this procedure was for those who were having trouble updating the SU binaries (within the Superuser app) before doing the upgrade.
When you tried Matt's "Restore Root" utility, which USB mode were you connected in? (it won't work if you use "Mass Storage" mode)

#674 Detonation

Detonation

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationWI
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

I am reading horror story after horror story and I just want to remind folks.....This was a test bed that was accidentally released, it's not even really on the correct kernel. Flash at your own risk!!!! We have a great community with a number of guys willing to help, but just keep in mind that what you do is on your own accord. Yes, there is a HUGE chance you could f%$k your phone.

Big thanks to Matt and all the other devs trying to help folks out and get phones running again. Very good stuff, proud to be part of this community.

Accident or not, Verizon released this to the public, and when most people are told there's an update, they will install it, especially when they keep reminding and suggesting you to do so. Verizon is going to have to support this update.

Manually installing it since it was pulled is now done on our accord, but thousands of people, most of which who are probably not root or even tech savvy, installed it too.

#675 bfederspill

bfederspill

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRoy, Utah

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

I think this procedure was for those who were having trouble updating the SU binaries (within the Superuser app) before doing the upgrade.
When you tried Matt's "Restore Root" utility, which USB mode were you connected in? (it won't work if you use "Mass Storage" mode)

I was in MTP mode. And I am one that forgot to update Su before flashing JB. I know, I screwed up. I read it in the OP but I must of forgotten to do it. I am sure somebody will come up with a fix, I'll just wait until then. Thanks.

Sent from my RAZR Maxx

#676 The_Chupacabra

The_Chupacabra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLawton OK

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

I upgraded to jb just fine but i installed the RAZR M homescreen and remembered why i didn't like it. I went searching for it in ES file explorer and deleted it.... so i thought. Is there anyway to get the regular home screen back from the update or can one of you upload the homescreen apk. Many thanks.

#677 doby-nut

doby-nut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

Couple of questions for those on new JB-

Are the soft keys installed with this ROM?

After install can you install previous desired apk's like the inverted calendar, etc used in previously utilized ICS roms?

Did search posts, didn't see answer. Appreciate any response.

#678 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

Couple of questions for those on new JB-

Are the soft keys installed with this ROM?

After install can you install previous desired apk's like the inverted calendar, etc used in previously utilized ICS roms?

Did search posts, didn't see answer. Appreciate any response.

No, there are no soft keys.

Yes, you can install inverted .apks

#679 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

No, there are no soft keys.

Yes, you can install inverted .apks

I thought there was a file you could modify to enable soft keys? I don't know where it is but a little searching on the forums should show you

Sent from Razr Maxx running Full Throttle Killer Bean

#680 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

I don't know but I just want my "Circle Battery - Percentage" back in my statusbar.... :o

Any how-to on that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users