542 replies to this topic

#341 kurkosky1989

kurkosky1989

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

This jellybean update is not worth wasting your time.... it is nice dont get me wrong but yet they still need to work to fix things in this update. If you get on this update there is no way to go back to ics which is $#!+ty i beleive it has something to do with the kernal not quite sure. Just got my replacement device today and will definetly wait for the official ota update to be relaesed officially. I believe some one got excited somewhere and decided it would be nice to relaese this.... well things still need to be worked out and i will be waiting patiently for the official JB OTA. Should be right around the corner since this came out for a peek

#342 er111a

er111a

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

i'm having trouble with syncing, it keeps tell me to re-validate my accounts. My yahoo one to be specific

#343 MightyMackinac

MightyMackinac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

Flashing a boot animation after this update caused everything to go to hell. Now I have lost root after trying to get back to Jelly Bean. Anybody have even the slightest idea on how to get root on Jelly Bean?

#344 ReSuReKtZ

ReSuReKtZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

This jellybean update is not worth wasting your time.... it is nice dont get me wrong but yet they still need to work to fix things in this update. If you get on this update there is no way to go back to ics which is $#!+ty i beleive it has something to do with the kernal not quite sure. Just got my replacement device today and will definetly wait for the official ota update to be relaesed officially. I believe some one got excited somewhere and decided it would be nice to relaese this.... well things still need to be worked out and i will be waiting patiently for the official JB OTA. Should be right around the corner since this came out for a peek

Did you get a replacement because of the update and if so from who

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#345 atlbravesfalcs7

atlbravesfalcs7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

I wouldn't say it isn't worth wasting your time. Its a really nice update. Nearly flawless from what I've seen so far.

#346 atlbravesfalcs7

atlbravesfalcs7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

After doing this update to JB my mobile hotspot/usb tethering/Bluetooth tethering/ no longer connects(checking subscription status) your order did not process successfully please contact customer service. Can I use the Matt DroidRazrUtility1.82 to go back to 211?

I've been getting that message since I originally flashed the ICS leak.

#347 kurkosky1989

kurkosky1989

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

Dont think im knockin JB ive been waiting for this update forever its nice to get a lil taste of jellybean on the razr and razr maxx but like i said ill wait for the official OTA update. This seemed to be or has been talked out to be an accident or just an early release verizon has no information on this being released so untill its all official and i get the update showing up on my phone then i will. I woke up to this on my my phone arleady downloading but it failed so i thought that was kinda weird why would the update download failed unless thay caught it and took it off. i havent had any issue with update fails before only with trying to install if suppose u have apps removed and so on and so forth rooted and all that good stuff.

#348 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Twitter:@JasonCollins23
  • LocationClarksville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

Flashing a boot animation after this update caused everything to go to hell. Now I have lost root after trying to get back to Jelly Bean. Anybody have even the slightest idea on how to get root on Jelly Bean?

Use the Restore Root Matt created.
Posted Image

#349 blaten22

blaten22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:12 AM

Can you use the update, to go back to stock if you install safe strap? When I say stock, I mean Jb stock, not Ics.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#350 bikercr

bikercr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

After using the JB OTA (rooted) for the past several days, I think it's by far the best update my phone has ever received. Flawless, smooth, and better in many ways (texting, Google Now, pull-down notifications, Smart Actions, etc., etc.). I also believe, based on how flawless it is, that this is the final build. No way to prove this, of course, but my sense is that it was pulled because of the holidays being a bad time for the predictable need for tech support for the update. Even if this isn't the final and I'm stuck with it, I'd have zero complaints.

#351 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,456 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

It's not the final build. There's no way they're going to release a JB update with an ICS kernel. They're already on build 10.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#352 bikercr

bikercr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

You may be right, but the kernel may have something to do with the OG RAZR having non-jelly bean hardware (hard buttons, mainly).

#353 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,456 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

Naw, they'll do a JB kernel. This build was the very first build they had done and it was meant for internal testing. It got accidentally pushed to the update server instead of the qa server. It was never meant to get published. It's highly unfinished. But, the good news for you guys is that it seems they're fast tracking this thing to get it complete. I wouldn't be surprised to see a soak test in mid January assuming they stick with 98.72.10.

#354 ryemma

ryemma

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

Ok so I have a big issue and I'm afraid that I may be stuck. I flashed this update and all went well, I even got to keep my root. I did not see anywhere when I did it that Safestrap 3.07 would not install on it. So while being in this 98.72.8 update, I could not install and open SafeStrap 3.07. Once I figured this out, I freaked out and went into Matts Utility and turned my phone on AP Fastboot and tried fastbooting back into official .211 ICS.

Now I am stuck because I am unable to get past the boot screen (red M). After that it goes straight to a black screen.
The only issue that I found when I tried AP Fastboot back to .211 ICS is that in Matts Utility it all flashed like normal EXCEPT 'boot' which said " writing 'boot' ... INFOPreflash validation failure
FAILED (remote: ) "

I know I am dumb for trying to Fastboot back to ICS but I freaked out. Is there any possible way to get my phone up and running again? Even if I have to get this update running on it again and I do have to be stuck with it. I think that only problem is the 'boot' area that went wrong in the utility.

#355 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,456 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

There is, but, you've lost root. Look through this thread for Matt's unbrick util. Basically you can run that and then go into recovery and reapply the JB update. But, since you ran the 211 fastboot, you blew away root and since you can't boot it to reapply root, it's now lost unless a JB exploit is found.

#356 ryemma

ryemma

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

Ive always had root and I love it but right now, if I can just have a non-rooted phone that works, I'll be happy with that. But let me try the unbrick tool and see how that goes.

#357 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

There is, but, you've lost root. Look through this thread for Matt's unbrick util. Basically you can run that and then go into recovery and reapply the JB update. But, since you ran the 211 fastboot, you blew away root and since you can't boot it to reapply root, it's now lost unless a JB exploit is found.

http://www.batakang.com/ftp/DROID_RAZR/UnbrickXT912Jellybean.zip
  • SamuriHL likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#358 lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

I love JB. Phone runs smoother and increased battery life. No reboots, force closes or anything. All my apps work including stock tether.

Luke

Razr Maxx

#359 ryemma

ryemma

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

Im not trying to be a pain, I have looked, but where is Matts Unbrick Utility? It is different that the utility that I used already right? I used Matts RAZR Utility 1.8

#360 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,456 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

Matt, I updated the first post with your unbrick util so it'll be easier for people to find. Thanks for posting it again.
  • mattlgroff likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users