#1 northdakota2170

northdakota2170

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:40 PM

Hey guys,

My Moto Razr M has been in a bootloop since a few days ago, I have tried using RSD lite to push a number of different versions 4.4.2 to my phone, but they all return an error, something like GPT main failed, or preflash validation failed. I dont care, even if i have to flash the latest version. It feels like nothing at all will flash to the phone. I m using RSD lite. I dont care about my data, I just need my phone working, I cant afford a replacement at the moment. Is there any way to diagnose if this is fixable or not?

thanks

#2 northdakota2170

northdakota2170

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:13 PM

Bump, because I really need the help. I  cant seem to get anyone to reply? I just wish i knew how to troubleshoot/fix this? I mean if I can get my phone to the AP fastboot menu, then it should still be fixable, correct? What do I need to do?

#3 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:18 PM

so whats the problem with getting to Fastboot as you dont say anything about it in your first post......

turn phone off, boot up into the menus and select fastboot

if the M is like an HD then its press both vols together and then press power also, hold all 3 for 8 seconds, let go power and you should be at the menu

#4 northdakota2170

northdakota2170

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:25 PM

Thanks for your reply. Well, i try flashing stock ROMs via RSD lite, and all I can get is an error message stating GPT Main failed, and Preflash validation failed. This even happened to me while using a 4.4.2 ROM/ I just want to fix my phone. I have no problems getting to AP fastboot, its the only option that works. My problem is trying to restore the phone to original functionality, but the phone gives me an error message every time. WHat do you recommend I do?

#5 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:27 PM

Gpt indicates you are not using the current or newer is when flashing

sent from my N6

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#6 northdakota2170

northdakota2170

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:31 PM

Gpt indicates you are not using the current or newer is when flashing

sent from my N6

I dont know if this means anything, but I used a file called

VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml,

I thought this was the latest version, if not could you direct me to it?\

Also, I dont know what version I was using before the brick, is another issue. I was told flashing the newest version would work correctly. I thought 4.4.2 was the latest.

thanks

#7 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:42 PM

Is it boot looping on the M logo or bootlooping back into recovery after you rsd that package... Dont worry about the gpt errors. One will always have that unless Moto updates it again. After the rsd flash. Try booting into stock recovery. Then press volume up + power to display them menu. Wipe data and cache. Then reboot into system...

Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#8 northdakota2170

northdakota2170

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:07 PM

Is it boot looping on the M logo or bootlooping back into recovery after you rsd that package... Dont worry about the gpt errors. One will always have that unless Moto updates it again. After the rsd flash. Try booting into stock recovery. Then press volume up + power to display them menu. Wipe data and cache. Then reboot into system...

Sent from my VS980 4G

Well, it will bootloop to the redeye, unless I press both volume keys, which will take me to the boot menu. The options I have are Normal, safe mode, AP fastboot, factory, and BP tools. The only one that seems to do something besides attempt to boot is AP fastboot. Which is why it seems my only option is to flash a stock rom

#9 northdakota2170

northdakota2170

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:24 PM

Sent from my VS980 4G

Also, RSD lite doesnt complete the flash, it gives an error on GPT MAIN, and doesnt even complete 1/19, if that makes any sense

#10 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:27 PM

Well, it will bootloop to the redeye, unless I press both volume keys, which will take me to the boot menu. The options I have are Normal, safe mode, AP fastboot, factory, and BP tools. The only one that seems to do something besides attempt to boot is AP fastboot. Which is why it seems my only option is to flash a stock rom

In the bootloader menu there should be a option to boot into recovery as well. What was the last known good stock rom that was booting n the device.

Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#11 northdakota2170

northdakota2170

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:33 PM

In the bootloader menu there should be a option to boot into recovery as well. What was the last known good stock rom that was booting n the device.

Sent from my VS980 4G

Sent from my VS980 4G

Booting into recovery just takes me to a picture of a dead droid and a red triangle. And to be completely honest, I have no clue. My device had never had anything flashed on it before. It lost battery power and then was stuck in this boot loop. I tried GETVAR ALL with fastboot, but didnt get anything really usable.

#12 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:37 PM

When you see dead andy. Hold down volume up then press power button and let go. Then you have menu options in stock recovery to wipe dat a$$

Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#13 northdakota2170

northdakota2170

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:43 PM

When you see dead andy. Hold down volume up then press power button and let go. Then you have menu options in stock recovery to wipe dat a$$

Sent from my VS980 4G

Well, I managed to do that. It was successful, but my phone is still bootlooping to the red eye, what are my other options? I just dont understand how all these features (AP Fastboot, recovery menu) would be intact, but I cant seem to make anything else work

#14 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:45 PM

You still didn't answer my question. What was the last know bootable stock Rom you had on the device?

Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#15 northdakota2170

northdakota2170

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:49 PM

You still didn't answer my question. What was the last know bootable stock Rom you had on the device?

Sent from my VS980 4G

My apologies. I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I never had to check that, because I never flashed anything. It had what was on there when I purchased the device. I tried flashing 4.4.2. I dont know if that helps.

#16 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:56 PM

Well the thing is that the reason it keeps in that cycle loop is you changed somthing in there somewhere down the lines and all that fastboot whatever kinda clustered the mess up even more. Have you tried using HOM instead of rsd. Maybe worth a better shoot

Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#17 northdakota2170

northdakota2170

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:58 PM

Well the thing is that the reason it keeps in that cycle loop is you changed somthing in there somewhere down the lines and all that fastboot whatever kinda clustered the mess up even more. Have you tried using HOM instead of rsd. Maybe worth a better shoot

Sent from my VS980 4G

House of Moto? I have heard about it. So would I just flash the same ROM? And I dont understand how the attempts would change anything because all my attempts to flash were unsuccessful.

#18 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:11 PM

Well some how or another what I think is wrong is your fastboot binary is not permitted or desighned to write to those partitions. The supported Snapdagon files that are located in the HOM tread are made for the supported devices such as msm8960 which is the xt907

Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#19 northdakota2170

northdakota2170

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:18 PM

Well, I have house of moto, right now I'm about to move the ZIP files to its directory. Which should I try? And since we established that recovery does work, would we wanna try anything from there?

I have

4.4.2-KDA20.62.10.1_CFC_1FF (No)

4.4.2-KDA20.62-10_1FF (maybe)

4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF (maybe)

#20 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:29 PM

First question is the bootloader Unlocked????

Is your Windows Machine running Java 7?

And I would use the 4.4.2_KDA20.62.10 using HOM with the Full_FXZ option is you bootloader is locked.

If your Bootloader is Unlocked. Then use the Universal script and one can always wipe data through recovery.

new_animated_sig.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users