• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 jonbink16

jonbink16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

If I had safestrap installed, do I have to fastboot back or can I just uninstall the safestrap and use voodoo ota. I tried using voodoo but I got an error on the install! Thanks!

#22 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

If I had safestrap installed, do I have to fastboot back or can I just uninstall the safestrap and use voodoo ota. I tried using voodoo but I got an error on the install! Thanks!

If you had safe strap and you ever set up a ROM in safe mode, you will either have to fastboot or you can just restore your preinstall folder if you can find a copy of how that folder should be somewhere.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#23 jonbink16

jonbink16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

If you had safe strap and you ever set up a ROM in safe mode, you will either have to fastboot or you can just restore your preinstall folder if you can find a copy of how that folder should be somewhere.

Thank you. Can you link me to a thread that shows how to restore the preinstall folder?

#24 wabmorgan

wabmorgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

The lone candy cane floating around amongst all the jellybeans leads me to believe this was no accident.

Is this wallpaper in the JB OTA ???? (I do not have it present in my install ????????)

#25 nsaechao

nsaechao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

loving the new OTA - followed to the T - with what Matt said- was able to install the SS3 - but haven't yet tested...Now got to wait for a rom to flash..

#26 kuroespino

kuroespino

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

So is the OTA available again? I know it got pulled last night, but this article was posted 20 minutes ago.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#27 chrisault2004

chrisault2004

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationHuber Heights, OH
  • Current Device(s):Razr XT912

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

I personally am just excited to have a fully working base for the devs to work with! Bring a solid AOKP port!!! Lol

#28 sherri

sherri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:sherri64
  • LocationMy own personal hell....

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

I personally am just excited to have a fully working base for the devs to work with! Bring a solid AOKP port!!! Lol

+1 on the AOKP!

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Disappointed and hurt. Not surprised.

#29 custer32

custer32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationScio, OH
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Droid X, & Eris

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

So just a question.. (I don't Care about keeping my root access). I have safestrap installed and have flashed a rom but am on my stock system now, can i uninstall safestrap then just use moto recovery and update with the file i downloaded and have unrooted jb? Or will the old ss mess things up?

#30 chrisault2004

chrisault2004

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

OK..... I don't know if this is anything.... I have ROM toolbox pro and I went in to underclock my processor, and I noticed that I now have access to kernel tweaks! It always said that I couldn't edit kernel setting on GB and ICS ROMs, but now it appears we can.... is this food news on the dev front?

#31 danrzr333

danrzr333

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

Can't wait to hear the answer!
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#32 chrisault2004

chrisault2004

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

Anyone else having issues with the SMS messages not showing up in notification bar?

#33 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

So just a question.. (I don't Care about keeping my root access). I have safestrap installed and have flashed a rom but am on my stock system now, can i uninstall safestrap then just use moto recovery and update with the file i downloaded and have unrooted jb? Or will the old ss mess things up?

Read post 23 of this thread.

#34 blankdep

blankdep

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

So I updated and kept root. Everything is seems to be working well, but to my dismay...no circle widget, or any weather widget for that matter. Is there supposed to be one there?

#35 jagman

jagman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

So I updated and kept root. Everything is seems to be working well, but to my dismay...no circle widget, or any weather widget for that matter. Is there supposed to be one there?

I had the same surprise. Kept root. I guess its smoother... but it's still loaded with bloat. The big benefit is the new AOKP and CM10 ROMs should hopefully have fully functioning cameras, data, MMS and BT. That in and of itself is a big jump forward.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

#36 CageFury

CageFury

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

I had the same surprise. Kept root. I guess its smoother... but it's still loaded with bloat. The big benefit is the new AOKP and CM10 ROMs should hopefully have fully functioning cameras, data, MMS and BT. That in and of itself is a big jump forward.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

+1

#37 cryptociph3r

cryptociph3r

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Google+:cryptociph3r
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX XT912

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

I use the accuweather app from Google Play. When my Razr Maxx was on ICS it felt like the weather widget was frozen. Now, with the semi-official JB OTA upgrade I have greater performance with the accuweather widget; actually my overall system is on JB steroids.

But. I do like the stylish look of the Circle Widgets from the new Razrs.

I didn't root when I updated :( because I thought this OTA update was the real deal. Dirty Santa Trick Moto Corp let out of the red bag.

Overall my Razr Maxx feels like an entire new phone, that I don't care that I can't root my phone.

#38 CageFury

CageFury

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:23 AM

Just finished restoring everything after following the instructions posted earlier in this thread.

Everything works! I've not had a single bug yet. It's also very fast, possibly faster then CM10. If this wasn't going to be the official release, I'm not really sure how they can improve on it.

What a great Christmas present! I'd like to hug whoever's responsible for this. Can't wait to see the AOKP/CM roms based on this, they'll probably be perfection.

#39 danrzr333

danrzr333

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

Well said

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#40 OIIIIIO

OIIIIIO

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

I kept rot following Matt's information and am a Happy man, FYI they closed the FoxFi loophole from what I can see, but with root WiFi tether works with Generic JBwan 1. Seems like to me if you are on 4G fringe area it is not as stable, but it could just be the weather yesterday and today.

Enjoy Peeps and Thanks for the smartest people who love android!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users