73 replies to this topic

#41 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo 64GB, Nexus 7, Midnight

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

so, I wish I could fastboot back to ICS to regain root, but is it possible to flash the original 211 in the stock recovery, root, and then flash the JB OTA?

#42 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

The lone candy cane floating around amongst all the jellybeans leads me to believe this was no accident.

where did this come from? What is it? seems like it could be a boot animation...am I wrong?
my animation is the standard Droid Eye...
  • looneytuned29 likes this
Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

#43 - JPB

- JPB

DG Mooter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationNear S.J., CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

where did this come from? What is it? seems like it could be a boot animation...am I wrong?
my animation is the standard Droid Eye...

I'm pretty sure it's from tapping 4 times fast on the system version in "About Phone". All versions of Android have some variation of this...
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see." - Arthur Schopenhauer

#44 jbartolovich

jbartolovich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCleveland Area
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

I'm pretty sure it's from tapping 4 times fast on the system version in "About Phone". All versions of Android have some variation of this...

that didn't work for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#45 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

Is this wallpaper in the JB OTA ???? (I do not have it present in my install ????????)

not wall paper but you can access it by selecting settings, / about /double tap on android version.....and it shows up....with a huge bean swipe it away and multiple beans show up and move....

good luck
Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

#46 abiter

abiter

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

For the jelly bean scene ....go to about phone in settings...tap the Android version 4 times quickly and when the red bean shows tap it and it smiles....now if you push and hold the smiling red bean you will get some jelly beans to flick around the screen...this is one of those easter eggs you can access on any of the other droids in the same way.....have fun with it..

#47 kenbrownstone

kenbrownstone

noobie on tha boobie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Twitter:@Brownvols
  • LocationTennessee
  • Current Device(s):droid razor xt912

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

Can any one help me..I'm rooted running 4.1.2 on the full throttle ROM.I want to do all of this going on with this ota.But I'm a ameauter at this.I have the stock ROM saved but its on 214 not the 211.I know it has to be on 211.But don't really understand all this.I hope to keep root.

Posted Image

**** SIGNATURE MADE BY: RINKLE MCBALLY ****

#48 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

so, I wish I could fastboot back to ICS to regain root, but is it possible to flash the original 211 in the stock recovery, root, and then flash the JB OTA?

No. It's just like when we went from GB to ICS. The boot loader image has been updated and resigned with a new key.

And just in case someone has an epiphany and wants to ask, I will stop you now and say "no", there is no way to "circumvent" the upgrade to try and get the key. The key is encrypted, so there is no way to stop this and "unlock" the boot loader. ;)

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#49 Mikegold28

Mikegold28

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

I've been having issues with the phone quality on the JB Rom. Since i updated my phone people tell me the they can't hear me or that i'm breaking up. I read on some of the forums that Verizon will give me a new phone if i call and complain. My question is will Verizon know that i updated to JB by rooting my phone and then using the leak to update and no the update they "excellently" pushed out?
Thanks for the help

#50 ProCompSolutions

ProCompSolutions

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

I've been having issues with the phone quality on the JB Rom. Since i updated my phone people tell me the they can't hear me or that i'm breaking up. I read on some of the forums that Verizon will give me a new phone if i call and complain. My question is will Verizon know that i updated to JB by rooting my phone and then using the leak to update and no the update they "excellently" pushed out?
Thanks for the help

Ok i have had 0 issues and i re-rooted and my phone is AWESOME never better, faster, better quality, just awesome! Better battery. Now that said. Verizon cannot tell if it was "PUSHED OUT" or LEAKED OUT as long as the version #s match. I although have a Verizon Limited Edition Razr Maxx that was PUSHED OUT but its running just awesome

#51 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Ok i have had 0 issues and i re-rooted and my phone is AWESOME never better, faster, better quality, just awesome! Better battery. Now that said. Verizon cannot tell if it was "PUSHED OUT" or LEAKED OUT as long as the version #s match. I although have a Verizon Limited Edition Razr Maxx that was PUSHED OUT but its running just awesome

Anyone else have good things to say about this update? Is everything working?

#52 joe53787

joe53787

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Google+:78753joe@gmail.com
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • Current Device(s):razrHD

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Everything is working good!! I really like this update!! I've been on since Xmas!! I wanna see what more goodness come from the official update!! Just wish I had root access!!:/

#53 medic7046

medic7046

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:medicp7046
  • Google+:medic7046@gmail.com
  • LocationRichmong HIll, Ga

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

I am having problem updating.. I have followed the direction and when I try to flash the upgrade, I get installation failed, and something about signature failed.. Any ideas?

#54 Kimo91

Kimo91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:elton.k.sales@gmail.com
  • LocationGoose Creek, SC

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

I am having problem updating.. I have followed the direction and when I try to flash the upgrade, I get installation failed, and something about signature failed.. Any ideas?

Were you rooted before and if so have you deleted any bloatware? If so have you tried using Matt's utility to go back .211 and reroot and try to flash again?

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx running on high octane with Jelly Bean

#55 medic7046

medic7046

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:medicp7046
  • Google+:medic7046@gmail.com
  • LocationRichmong HIll, Ga

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

i used matts utility to go back to .211 and rerooted, and used voodoo OTA to keep root, and tried to flash.. thats when I got that failed install

#56 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

I really want to try the jb ota but I'm too chicken that ill screw up somehow and lose root lol

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

#57 txkssnapper

txkssnapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD, tf300t

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

I really want to try the jb ota but I'm too chicken that ill screw up somehow and lose root lol

Try the dual boot from the development forum.

#58 txkssnapper

txkssnapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD, tf300t

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

Try the dual boot from the development forum.

#59 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

Or wait till the root exploit is released today :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

• jbartolovich likes this

#60 jbartolovich

jbartolovich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCleveland Area
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

For real

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2