• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Twitter:dunttt
  • Google+:jon36m@gmail.com
  • LocationChicago IL
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

Would there be any way to get stock browser on here? Ive tried using one from stock ROM by moving it over to system and changing permissions and also tried using one from another custom jb ROM but no success . I know a lot of people like chrome but I actually prefer stock browser . Any one who knows anything I really appreciate it.:-) thanks guys ! And great job on this ROM!!!!!!!

#182 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

I would live to ride this one......but I seem to have misplaced my root ......I had it and I froze and rebooted and looped so I factory Data Reset and forgot to Voodoo before my escapades.....typical bonehead move.....so I must wait until the android overlords decide to bless us with a root exploit

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

#183 hddeuce60

hddeuce60

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

Would there be any way to get stock browser on here? Ive tried using one from stock ROM by moving it over to system and changing permissions and also tried using one from another custom jb ROM but no success . I know a lot of people like chrome but I actually prefer stock
browser . Any one who knows anything I really
appreciate it.:-) thanks guys ! And great job onthisROM!!!!!!!

I was able to get stock browser to work like you tried but I had to use the browser app out of a rom that was deoxed because the rom I'm on is deoxed

#184 fadeds

fadeds

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

I had this ROM running for a few days. Only problem I had was with WiFi. I'm pretty sure its not the ROM itself either, cause I've been having the same problem with the jb leak. It will just keep trying to connect. Sometimes the WiFi signal indicator will flash on and off. Will this is happening my battery gets murdered. Anyone having the same problem?

#185 nukeruss

nukeruss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Twitter:nukeruss
  • Google+:nukeruss
  • LocationPalmyra, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx XT912

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

Anyone try flashing on stock yet with SS 3.11? I couldn't get it to work.

I tried yesterday but it was a no go. At least my ROM slots still work, because my stock install is broken. At least I can fast boot back whenever I want.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx booting JB leak based ROM while maintaining stock ICS. (JB Dual Boot - XT912)

#186 littlewing745

littlewing745

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

I may be wrong, but double check to be sure you don't have "Avoid poor connections" checked. This can be accessed through Settings-->WiFi then press "Menu" and choose "Advanced." If that is checked, it will probably produce the problem you are experiencing. Hope that helps!

I had this ROM running for a few days. Only problem I had was with WiFi. I'm pretty sure its not the ROM itself either, cause I've been having the same problem with the jb leak. It will just keep trying to connect. Sometimes the WiFi signal indicator will flash on and off. Will this is happening my battery gets murdered. Anyone having the same problem?

#187 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

What type of router is it? I use to have wifi issues even with pc's depending on the type of security it used. Also if it says you have a weak signal, try putting in airplane mode and then turn back on again.. Also Sometimes depending on the router I have noticed if you didn't update your firmware you may have to reboot it sometimes, or just reboot when it finds a new device. and or you could be having an IP conflict which you also may need to static the address on the phone using Wifi Manager I believe it is..

If you want post your Router type and model, so we can see if its rom related or router related, I honestly think its the router..

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#188 drewski11

drewski11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, CA

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Would there be any way to get stock browser on here? Ive tried using one from stock ROM by moving it over to system and changing permissions and also tried using one from another custom jb ROM but no success . I know a lot of people like chrome but I actually prefer stock browser . Any one who knows anything I really appreciate it.:-) thanks guys ! And great job on this ROM!!!!!!!

like you, i had issues pushing APK's to system & changing permissions.

i made a TiBu backup of the stock browser from the non-safe side and then restored it on this ROM

Droid Razr MaxxSS3.6 AviatorBlur / CM11 N10 | RastaKat Xoom Wifi | Big Part 4.3 N7 | MultiROM / RastaKat OG Droid | kfazz CM10 port

#189 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Twitter:dunttt
  • Google+:jon36m@gmail.com
  • LocationChicago IL
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

like you, i had issues pushing APK's to system & changing permissions.i made a TiBu backup of the stock browser from the non-safe side and then restored it on this ROM

Well its because this is ROM isn't deodexed I figured out . thats an excellent idea I didn't think of that!! Thanks man!

#190 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Well its because this is ROM isn't deodexed I figured out . thats an excellent idea I didn't think of that!! Thanks man!

Not yet its not ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#191 kenbrownstone

kenbrownstone

noobie on tha boobie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Twitter:@Brownvols
  • LocationTennessee
  • Current Device(s):droid razor xt912

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

I downloaded the razor m circle clock why does it say no allowed on 3rd party home screens.do I need to get the M launcher

Posted Image

**** SIGNATURE MADE BY: RINKLE MCBALLY ****

#192 kenbrownstone

kenbrownstone

noobie on tha boobie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

what do u mean by moving it to the system and changing it? SORRY IM A NOOBIE IN DIAPERS WITH TOTAL BREAST MILK

Posted Image

#193 mechatricity

mechatricity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

I downloaded the razor m circle clock why does it say no allowed on 3rd party home screens.do I need to get the M launcher

Yep. Unfortunately that specific widget won't run in any other launchers. (apex, nova, etc)

#194 mechatricity

mechatricity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

what do u mean by moving it to the system and changing it? SORRY IM A NOOBIE IN DIAPERS WITH TOTAL BREAST MILK

I assume he meant putting the apk for the aosp browser in the system/app folder. This is essentially like doing a manual installation of the app.

#195 littlebigarm

littlebigarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

does any one have screenshots of this. wanting a ROM bad after install last night of JB. stock is just boring to me. thanks guys

#196 brewzer

brewzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

Since I just wasted my money on a lapdock (I like it but it will be a paperweight in a year or 2), I wondered if webtop can be thrown in this ROM? Probably not a priority to a developer!

#197 kenbrownstone

kenbrownstone

noobie on tha boobie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

I assume he meant putting the apk for the aosp browser in the system/app folder. This is essentially like doing a manual installation of the app.
How do u do that ? What are the advantages of that cause I've read were I was instructed to do but had no clue how.THANKS ..MCITY

Posted Image

#198 Baraka

Baraka

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Well after a few days of running the Alpha 6 ROM on 2 separate MAXXs with 2 completely different usage patterns (my phone and wife's phone), I wanted to report my findings. These are NOT complaints... just testing results.

1. This feels ROM is super smooth and optimized. It already feels like a daily driver. Beta at a minimum even though it was created blindly with no test RAZR.

2. Battery life seems very short. Not sure what is causing that. Android OS is taking up 20+% of my battery on both phones. Being a noob, I'm not sure if I can test further as to why the OS seems to be using more than normal.

3. Both the cameras seem great with the noted and aforementioned slowness of photo sphere. Last I knew though, it was not working 100% on the Nexus roms anyway. I don't own a nexus, so who knows.

That's all I've noticed thus far. Regardless, I'm ruining it as my daily and look forward to the next OP Alpha release. Thanks Matt and crew!

#199 gautamrao

gautamrao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

FYI, I too have the issue where all apps are "updated" (zipaligned?) upon boot, not just new or changed apps. Any known fix for this?
Otherwise, runs great, very stable. Cameras are nice, bluetooth is solid, good stuff. Battery life is noticeably worse than previous roms I used, but it still easily gets through the day on my Maxx. Perhaps this will improve with future tweaks.

#200 jpmoo

jpmoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Been running long enough on my Maxx to feel settled in. Typical use over the past couple of days and am getting decent battery life. See below. Screen time is about 2.5 hours.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

61.6KB   145 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users