You now can have the best of both worlds.
The utility does (5) things:
- Root your ICS .211 Release (in order to install SS)
- Install SafeStrap 3.11 (while under ICS)
- Boot the JB OTA Leak Kernel.
- Boot the ICS .211 Kernel.
- Boot the ICS .215 Kernel.
Well, its easy. If you have not already taken the plunge, and want to enjoy the benefits of JB without losing your ability to recover your system, feel free to use this utility.
It's fairly basic:
- Have a clean system (.211) using Matt's 1.82 Utility or RSDLite.
- Root your device with the tool.
- Install SS3.11 with the tool.
- Have your favorite JB or ICS ROM installed in whatever slot you like.
I'll update this thread to perfect it, but for now I just want to get it out there in case people don't want to take the OTA plunge.
Download: . [JBDualBoot-XT912_v3.11-OTA-WLM.zip - 25678835 bytes, MD5:463c0f3ed3452714d07630a7e08f46a0]
Older Versions: .
Another Install Guide: .
[*] Version 1.0
[*] Version 1.0a
Added support for .215 Leak's Kernel
[*] Version 3.11
Updated SafeStrap to 3.11
Adjusted version numbering to correspond with SafeStrap Version.
[*] Version 3.11-WLM
Added Linux and Mac Support thanks to SubZero2000
[*] Version 3.11-OTA-WLM
Added JB Soak Kernel.
Updated both Windows and Linux Packages.
51.07K 590 downloads 31.14K 580 downloads 31.97K 568 downloads 76.91K 587 downloads
JB 98.72.8 running on SS 3.07 via ICS .211