475 replies to this topic

#41 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

Here's a link to the entire 215 update. You can grab the boot.img from it. MD5 checksum should be E7DE4F5C7C0C39EAA8A95D8D9EBCE856.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#42 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

That's the OTA with the boot.img.p. I just need someone that is currently running .215 and is rooted and I'll pull it fairly quickly.

Edit: I believe the block that the kernel sits on is p14. So if someone is running the .215 leak, and can adb into root shell, can you run this command?

It should yield about an 8mb file named "215boot.img" and be placed on your external SD-Card. That's the file I need if its 8mb.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#43 twister250

twister250

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

That's the OTA with the boot.img.p. I just need someone that is currently running .215 and is rooted and I'll pull it fairly quickly.

X

PM sent with boot img..

#44 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

This is looking very awesome but could you please post the MD5?
Posted Image

#45 TimeFire

TimeFire

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Hello.

I just need to understand a couple of things.

I have SS 3.05, .211 as Stock Rom and .215 in Rom Slot 1 that I use as my daily Rom.
What do I have to do to install a JB rom in Rom Slot 2 (or others) and being able to use it without losing anything that I have now?

Do I have to change the kernel everytime? That won't be a problem.

Changing it more times will make me lose or break something?

Thanks.

#46 nukeruss

nukeruss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Twitter:nukeruss
  • Google+:nukeruss
  • LocationPalmyra, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx XT912

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Hello.

I just need to understand a couple of things.

I have SS 3.05, .211 as Stock Rom and .215 in Rom Slot 1 that I use as my daily Rom.
What do I have to do to install a JB rom in Rom Slot 2 (or others) and being able to use it without losing anything that I have now?

Do I have to change the kernel everytime? That won't be a problem.

Changing it more times will make me lose or break something?

Thanks.

Your three quarters of the way there. Do the following and your stock partition and Rom slot 1 will remain intact.
1. Boot up into your stock ROM (.211) and upgrade Safestrap to 3.07 (Must have this to handle the JB ROMS and also works with ICS ROMS)
2. Download the JB Rom that your interested in. I installed Hashcode's stock rooted ROM from the ROM section. I think that there are 2 or 3 others that have popped up in the last 24 hours also.
Here are four possibilities: (I've installed option c)
a.

b.

c.

d.

3. Install the JB Rom into Rom Slot 2.
4. Place the phone in Fastboot Mode (hold all three buttons at once from the off state).
5. Connect it to your computer and start the utility find in the OP.
6. Flash the JB Kernel to your phone
7. Restart the phone in Rom Slot 2 and set up your new JB install.

When you want to go back to stock ICS or an ICS based ROM (like in your ROM slot 1) just go back into fastboot and use the utility to flash the ICS kernel back.

My phone has been running flawlessly for the last 24 hours on JB using this method.
  • ScottL likes this

#47 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

I understand it all, except the flash component. Question is: in SS which partition should be active when flashing?

I assume, that If I am Stock ICS, and have a JB ROM in Slot 1 I would activate Slot 1 and then flash the JB kernel. And if I switch back to ICS as the active partition then flash ICS kernale and boot.

YES/NO/MAYBE???

thx

#48 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

btw, sitting here, at the flash options waiting so I dont brick myself. :D

#49 nukeruss

nukeruss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationPalmyra, PA

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

the Rom slot that is active is the one that your are flashing too. Safestrap currently does not allow flashing to the stock rom slot so no worries there. If you have an ICS rom in rom slot 1 then I would leave it alone and activate rom slot 2 for Jelly Bean as long as you have enough room on your phone. flashing the kernel is done with the utility from your windows based computer while your phone is connected to it in fastboot mode.

#50 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

thanks nukeruss, thats what I figured, and yep, I forgot that I read SS wont flash over stock, duh.

#51 nukeruss

nukeruss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationPalmyra, PA

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

I understand it all, except the flash component. Question is: in SS which partition should be active when flashing?

I assume, that If I am Stock ICS, and have a JB ROM in Slot 1 I would activate Slot 1 and then flash the JB kernel. And if I switch back to ICS as the active partition then flash ICS kernale and boot.

YES/NO/MAYBE???

thx

Sorry, I just read this post a little closer. It does not matter what Rom slot is active when you flash the kernel. If you flash the JB kernel and try to boot an ICS Rom or Stock ICS then your phone will just sit there after after you boot past safestrap. It does not hurt anything but you will have to hold down all three buttons to get the phone to turn off and then you can restart the phone and switch to a JB ROM in safestrap. The same thing would happen if you try to boot a JB based Rom while you have the ICS Kernel flashed to your phone.

#52 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

got it, thanks again. things seem to be working hooray

#53 subzero2000

subzero2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

xlightwaverx, you are a genius. I was about to just take the plunge as I'd had just about as much as I could stand of ICS when I saw this thread. Now running the stock JB OTA under SS 3.07, and I absolutely love it; nice to know that I can completely restore the phone and still be on JB without waiting for JB fastboot files.

Thanks for the stroke of genius, you've helped breathe new life into a phone I was starting to get bored with.
  • Nitewolf and subzero2000 like this

#54 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

This is working pretty dang good! Thank you very much!!

Having some issues getting gapps zip files to install through recovery tho....

#55 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Thanks xlightwaverx ... this is fantastic. Having jumped on the ICS leak previously, that locked us from going back, I didn't want to go down the same path without a fastboot safety net. This is the perfect solution! After fastbooting back to stock .211 from Kebob's .215 and using your JB Dual Boot, I reinstalled Kebob's ICS on slot-1 and have Hash's JB on slot-2. Kudos on this workaround!

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#56 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

This is awesome :) although I can't partake (since I upgraded to JB) ... but by reading the thread and looking over the script, this is pure genius :) ... the paradox is.... this couldn't be done without the leak.... but those of us that took the leak can't use it LOL ..... great work again !!

sent from my JB RAZR tapadriving

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#57 kenbrownstone

kenbrownstone

noobie on tha boobie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Twitter:@Brownvols
  • LocationTennessee
  • Current Device(s):droid razor xt912

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

help im a noob.im rooted and running jb on full throttle aopk.I have the stock rom but im on 215...what do i do...i will donate after im working right.I really dont mindpaying for help,,,I NEEDA TUTOR TO UNDERSTAND ALL THIS STUFF. Unfortunately Im getting addicted to always playing around with my phone,

Posted Image

**** SIGNATURE MADE BY: RINKLE MCBALLY ****

#58 nukeruss

nukeruss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationPalmyra, PA

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

help im a noob.im rooted and running jb on full throttle aopk.I have the stock rom but im on 215...what do i do...i will donate after im working right.I really dont mindpaying for help,,,I NEEDA TUTOR TO UNDERSTAND ALL THIS STUFF. Unfortunately Im getting addicted to always playing around with my phone,

If your currently using safestrap then go back and read post 46 and the op. Between the two of them you should be able to figure it out.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx booting JB leak within .211 safe strap. (JB Dual Boot - XT912)

#59 nukeruss

nukeruss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationPalmyra, PA

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

Being on .215 is fine. The process works the same as with .211.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx booting JB leak within .211 safe strap. (JB Dual Boot - XT912)

#60 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Playing with the phone is highly addictive LOL ......

sent from my JB RAZR tapadriving
  • Nitewolf likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users