12 replies to this topic

#1 Brobbins87

Brobbins87

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:56 PM

Hello all, I have a Razr HD XT926 that I am thinking is cooked. Before I purchased the phone the old owner, back in November, let the phone take the latest OTA 183.46.15. Fast forward to about 2 weeks ago, I plugged the phone into the charger at the end of the day. Next moring I wake up to discover the phone is just sitting at the Motorola logo. I can get into the bootloader but the only option that does anything is AP Fastboot. All other options just return the phone to the motorola logo where it just sits there. Now if I select Recovery at the bootloader it boots to the motorola logo and if I press the volume up butto the screen turns off and the phone does nothing. I have downloaded the latest FXZ for the phone (VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF) and i have tried to reflash the file with both RSD Lite and HouseOfMoto and have been unsuccessful so far. With RSD Lite it fails on the first file and states that phone returned error. With HouseOfMoto I can build the script and run it but it states for every step "Failed to erase partition" except for the system partition which states "Protocol Error (multiflash unexpected)". At this point I am beginning to think that the flash chip may have died in the phone. Does anyone know of anything else I can try to bring this one back? I have verified that my drivers are up to date and have tried the latest versions of both programs. Below is the output from when I run the script generated by HouseOfMoto. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:13 AM

2 seemingly simple questions (that really can make a huge difference).... 1, are you using an OEM Motorola USB cable?...2, are you plugged into a 2.0 USB port?

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 Brobbins87

Brobbins87

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:08 AM

Thanks for the reply. I know for a fact that I am using a USB 2.0 port. I am however not using an OEM Moto cable. I received this phone used and never received the charger or the cable with it. I was always under the impression that the OEM cable that came with the phone was just a standard USB cable while the Factory cable was different. Will the OEM Moto cable make that much of a difference? If so I will try to find one. I know I have tried several other USB 2.0 cables with no difference in the problem.

#4 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:17 AM

It does make a difference.  I bought a few on ebay just make sure it is the moto cable.  I also keep the blackhat adapter handy though I have never had to use it.

• johnthehillbilly and Furthestprism like this

#5 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:19 AM

Absolutely.... A non OEM USB cable can/will cause serious failures when flashing firmware(s)......

jhf.png

#6 Brobbins87

Brobbins87

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:22 AM

Thanks for the replies. Wow didn't know Moto was so picky about the cables. I'm used to working on other brand such as Samsung or LG and they just seem to work with any old cable. I will have to find an OEM cable. Should I also pickup a Factory cable or don't I need that here?

#7 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:24 AM

Its always a good idea to have a factory cable or adapter on hand.... It can save your butt...(your phone's butt).... :)

jhf.png

#8 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:25 AM

Most all the carrier stores (vzw att tmo) carry the OEM Motorola cables

jhf.png

#9 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:27 AM

And if it does not have the Motorola logo on it.... Its NOT a Motorola cable :);)

jhf.png

#10 motorolahead

motorolahead

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSouthwest

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:44 PM

This thread was very helpful, I have an old XT926 with 4.1.2 on Domestic GSM (T-Mobile) and a one like new with 4.4.2 KK that was corrupted.

I was able to return the corrupt phone to stock condition with the help of this site, many thanks to you all!

My question, " might not belong here" is, if I adjust the modem on the 4.4.2 for Domestic GSM, will I be able to root the 4.4.2 and will it also function on CDMA after the adjustment? I tried towel root but it didn't work and I see the Admin sais it is not available for 4.4.2 yet, my Bad! I would like to send to a friend but without all the Bloat ware which I can remove with root.

I think am going to go the MotoTurbo 64Gb route as I like the phone and ability to free the OS but not the ergonomics, great company but the X was better, it is just more, better, bigger and not as old as the MAXX HD.

Thoughts, criticism, feedback always appreciated.

• cmh714 likes this

#11 smb5769

smb5769

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR HD, Droid Turbo

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:16 PM

I know this is out of left field, but can anyone snag the droid notification file (you know, "DROID!") from their phone and send it to me in an email? This Turbo doesn't have it and I kinda liked the Droid notification. If you can, send me a PM and I'll give my email address so you can send it.

#12 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:03 AM

I know this is out of left field, but can anyone snag the droid notification file (you know, "DROID!") from their phone and send it to me in an email? This Turbo doesn't have it and I kinda liked the Droid notification. If you can, send me a PM and I'll give my email address so you can send it.

Here you go....

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

enjoy!! :)

On mobile....Open in chrome or in (stock) browser and you can download (download button is on the top)

jhf.png

#13 smb5769

smb5769

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR HD, Droid Turbo

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:27 AM

Got it! Thank you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users